The International Muppet Show

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Re: Twiddlebug

Originally posted by Gorgon Heap
One other quick question- ever read any fan fiction on the forum or the site?
Well, since we're probing you endlessly, ever read www.toughpigs.com ?

The Grover/popcorn episode aired the other day, and waiting for your cameo almost made me late for work. Funny, funny!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Re: Questions

Originally posted by Twiddlebug
Some Guests I would like to have seen on TMS.
The Beatles come immediatly to mind. There were some talks with Paul or at least his Representative but his condition ( as I understand it ) was Wings and Linda had to appear also which our budget could not handle.George or Ringo wanted to do it, I was told, but for some reason they didn't. I think whomever was negotiating for Muppets didn't want to compromise the deal they were talking with Paul. I also always thought Soupy Sales would have been good.As it was, so many of my favorite stars were on the show, I didn't really have time to regret anyone not included.
Soupy and Fozzie? I can see that, although I must admit I have never seen anything of Soupy's. What about Red Skelton? I think he would've been a natural fit (hopefully he will be in the outline I'm working on).

Ever read any of the fan fiction here?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm still curious why Fozzie didn't get more 'stage time' on the show, except that maybe Gags Beasley was that bad of a joke writer and Fozzie just never had any material. Hmm...

Anyways, wondering if Statler and Waldorf will get to heckle him on stage again? Also, what about the band we've heard that our fave Nelson is in?

I'll be hosting a new official role play beginning in September if anybody *ahem* wants to join in!!

Welcome back to the forums, Twiddlebug (sorry I've been slow about keeping up in some of these areas).

:sing: <----ROCKS!!

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Twiddlebug said:
Betsy Baytos was only hired for several shows as a specialty dancer.Before coming to Muppets Betsy had been in "This Was Burlesque" and while with us she helped put together a Burlesque show that some of our company performed at a club in London.Richard Hunt was the Interlocuter and introduced the acts which were done by Betsy Baytos, Steve Whitmire, Kathy Mullin, Chris Langham, Louise Gold and myself. I think there were a couple of other people as well, oh yes and Jim Henson played the drums , punctuating the jokes with rim-shots. A great time was had by all.

:sing:
Hello Twiddlebug

That's very interesting. I had no idea you and your TMS colleagues had ever done any live Burleque/Cabaret type stuff together as a group.

I think you might also have solved a little mystery for me too. A little while ago, from a memorabilia dealer, I bought a programme for a 1980 revival of the musical Godspell (in Leatherhead), which numbered Louise Gold among its cast. In her resume (probably one of the first times she ever actually had a resume in a theatre programme) Miz Gold mentions that she had done some cabaret (and intended to do more), but she doesn't say what. (In subsequent resumes, from a few years later, she specifically refers to her work with the alturnative cabaret group Anna Rexic & The Compulsives). So now I'm wondering if perhaps this 1980 reference, is referring to your burlesque? what think you?

Now all I wonder is, when and where and how many performances? (I'm sure no one would remember anything like that though)

Best Wishes
Emma Shane

"That's so like a band"

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey, did the question of the band that Jerry plays in ever get answered by anyone?

Whatever

Reaction score
Warrick said:
Two whatnot females accompany Janice to sing the chorus 'Kom zu Meir' with Mary Roos.
Richard actually sings in German !

Jerry Juhl told me that info, And i have the video - LOL

see ya
Umm, you mean "Komm zu mir", right? That means "Come to Me". I would LOVE to see that show. :frown:

dbarrie

Reaction score
I'd be interested to know more about the various international skits that were made for other countries. Anybody here have any other information on these?

Incidentally, I did a Google search for Mary Roos, and there's a photo of her with the TMS stars at her official Web site, www.mary-roos.de (under the 'biografie' page). The entire text is in German, and I was unable to get Google to translate it into English. Apparently she is a very popular singer in Germany who has achieved 'living legend' status over there.

Do you still have that clip of her appearance on the Web? I tried watching it but got a generic Angelfire page. I'd like to watch it sometime.

OI MuppetFan

Warrick said:
Germany wanted there own skits made especially for them, But they only got one and that was Mary Roos singing 'Lean On Me', In German.

It was put in place of Twiggy singing 'In My Life'.

It is all in German, And no one knows where an English copy can be found.

Mary Roos talks to Rowlf, Then sings with Floyd on Bongos, Janice on Guitar, Zoot on Sax, Animal on Drums and Rowlf on Piano.

Two whatnot females accompany Janice to sing the chorus 'Kom zu Meir' with Mary Roos.
Richard actually sings in German !

Jerry Juhl told me that info, And i have the video - LOL

see ya

Fighbird

Reaction score
dbarrie said:
Incidentally, I did a Google search for Mary Roos, and there's a photo of her with the TMS stars at her official Web site, www.mary-roos.de (under the 'biografie' page). The entire text is in German, and I was unable to get Google to translate it into English.
Just manually skimmed through the text, and it basically only says, that she was the only german celebrity to have appeared on TMS. Nothing else. Period.

I've seen this skit recently, and in her conversation with Rowlf it seems like Jim is speaking english to her (and then later re-dubbed by the german voice actor), and she replying back to him in german.

Wonder where this was taped, though... as well as the german "Die Muppet Show" intros. Did Jim and the gang travel to Germany for those things?

Ryan

Reaction score
Those were flimed on the same set, at Elstree Studios in London.

scarecroe

Reaction score
dbarrie said:
Do you still have that clip of her appearance on the Web? I tried watching it but got a generic Angelfire page. I'd like to watch it sometime.
You can view the Mary Roos appearance here. (right-click the link, choose 'save target' and play it from your computer)