The Kermit and Miss Piggy debate

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I don't know how else to say this, but while I recognize Kermit and Piggy as a couple, I kinda like to see them doing their own thing once in awhile. For example, the Kermit/ Piggy relationship was put on a back burner during both The Jim Henson Hour and Muppets Tonight (mostly because of Frank Oz's limited availability due to his own projects at the time), and I thought it was nice to see a break from the usual jokes made off of their ongoing relationship, because they made so many of them during the original Muppet Show. I don't know, that's just me.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Kermit's said time and time again that he and Piggy aren't married. Besides, the Muppets don't have a canon. Isn't including the so-called marriage from TMTM kind of like Moe and Larry mentioning Curly in one of the Three Stooges shorts with Shemp?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Kermit's said time and time again that he and Piggy aren't married. Besides, the Muppets don't have a canon.
Then we don't have to listen to Kermit saying they aren't married either. :wink:

Still have to go by the 30th anniversary for me, hehe.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Then we don't have to listen to Kermit saying they aren't married either. :wink:

Still have to go by the 30th anniversary for me, hehe.
I'm so confused:oops:. I do think Kermit and Piggy make a lovely couple, and in fact just today I bought Hallmark's 2003 "On Frozen Pond" Christmas ornament featuring the pair ice skating (for just $8, no less), but I feel like the whole "are they married / are they truly in love with each other" plotpoint that has been going on for decades has gotten a little old. I feel like either they should be a couple or they shouldn't be together; the writers have had long enough to choose one or the other:mad:.

Vincent L

Reaction score
I really think they shouldn't be married, or else we'll have nothing to discuss. :stick_out_tongue:

Hubert

Reaction score
I'm so confused:oops:. I do think Kermit and Piggy make a lovely couple, and in fact just today I bought Hallmark's 2003 "On Frozen Pond" Christmas ornament featuring the pair ice skating (for just $8, no less), but I feel like the whole "are they married / are they truly in love with each other" plotpoint that has been going on for decades has gotten a little old. I feel like either they should be a couple or they shouldn't be together; the writers have had long enough to choose one or the other:mad:.
The writers aren't trying to decide...it's just an ongoing plot line that contributes so much to the Muppets. For some reason I feel like whether you know it or not, the Kermit-Piggy relationship plot line is one of the main things that you like about the Muppets. It just contributes so much depth to the franchise.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Want to make the Kermit/Piggy thing really interesting? Throw Skeeter into the mix!

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
And Camilla! Don't forget her! And that turkey from MFC.