1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Kermit and Miss Piggy debate

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by miss kermie, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Scooterforever

Scooterforever Active Member

I don't know how else to say this, but while I recognize Kermit and Piggy as a couple, I kinda like to see them doing their own thing once in awhile. For example, the Kermit/ Piggy relationship was put on a back burner during both The Jim Henson Hour and Muppets Tonight (mostly because of Frank Oz's limited availability due to his own projects at the time), and I thought it was nice to see a break from the usual jokes made off of their ongoing relationship, because they made so many of them during the original Muppet Show. I don't know, that's just me.
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

*slams head on desk* Not this debate again! Lol :p
  3. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Kermit's said time and time again that he and Piggy aren't married. Besides, the Muppets don't have a canon. Isn't including the so-called marriage from TMTM kind of like Moe and Larry mentioning Curly in one of the Three Stooges shorts with Shemp?
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Then we don't have to listen to Kermit saying they aren't married either. ;)

Still have to go by the 30th anniversary for me, hehe.
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  5. Scooterforever

I'm so confused:oops:. I do think Kermit and Piggy make a lovely couple, and in fact just today I bought Hallmark's 2003 "On Frozen Pond" Christmas ornament featuring the pair ice skating (for just $8, no less), but I feel like the whole "are they married / are they truly in love with each other" plotpoint that has been going on for decades has gotten a little old. I feel like either they should be a couple or they shouldn't be together; the writers have had long enough to choose one or the other:mad:.
  6. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I really think they shouldn't be married, or else we'll have nothing to discuss. :p
  7. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

The writers aren't trying to decide...it's just an ongoing plot line that contributes so much to the Muppets. For some reason I feel like whether you know it or not, the Kermit-Piggy relationship plot line is one of the main things that you like about the Muppets. It just contributes so much depth to the franchise.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  8. Mo Frackle

Want to make the Kermit/Piggy thing really interesting? Throw Skeeter into the mix!
  9. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Throw Gonzo, too!
    :concern: Weeeee!!
  10. Mo Frackle

And Camilla! Don't forget her! And that turkey from MFC.
  11. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

12. Mo Frackle

... spelled backwards is ...woW.
    miss kermie likes this.
  13. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

14. Scooterforever

I always thought Link Hogthrob would make a good love interest for Piggy, but when they're not onstage together (and sometimes when they are) they seem to openly detest one another.
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  15. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

And here we have the title of the next movie: Kermit & Piggy & Skeeter & Gonzo!

(If you recognize the reference... well, either good for you or shame on you. Pick one.)
  16. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Openly detest each other? Link has always expressed some crush on Piggy, yet Piggy detests him.
  17. Mo Frackle

Link generally sees himself as a ladies man, much like Pepe.
  18. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Yeah cause it's not like I'm a Kermit & Piggy fan or anything...:p
  19. Scooterforever

I don't remember Link having a crush on Piggy; I just remember him and Strangepork making insults at her expense all the time. Still, they'd make a good couple; they're both crazy in love with themselves;).
  20. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Link doesn't appear to really be interested in anyone except himself, and seems to be rather clueless sometimes (like the Lesley Ann Warren/"Last Dance" musical number). Piggy wouldn't put up with that.