1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The kids on Sesame Street: Where are they now?

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by fatblue, Jul 5, 2005.

1. fatblue

fatblue New Member

I remember these skits with the kids who were pretty much regulars,and wonder what they are up to now being all grown up:

Kermit and his skits with this girl Tracy (there were two of them)
    Grover and Jon Jon
    Kermit's skit with those two girls: Charla and Fannie
    Any others I left out, let me know.
  2. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

Yes it would be nice to hear what they are doing these days. Is the girl Tracy you mentioned that was in the 2 skits with Kermit the girl who kept saying "Cookie Monster" during the abc's and laughing so adorably? And/Or was she the one that kept hugging Kermit by squeezing his neck real hard and making Kermit gasp in a funny sound and then she would laugh real cutely?
    And back in 1989, as you might already know, when SS did a 20 year anniversary prime time special a grown up John John made a guest appearance and counted to 20 again with Herry (reminding Herry that HE goes first and Herry has to go SECOND). John John was in the military and I think was in uniform.
  3. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

It is funny you mentioned this because I was thinking for a long time about putting up a thread about it. It would be interesting to know what happened to those kids in the improv scenes with Grover and Kermit, etc., but I am wondering what happened to kid characters that would hang out on the street. They don't really have regular kids on anymore like they use too.
  4. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

I also wonder about the girl who sang "Me and My Llama." Somehow, I think it might have been either Mariah Carey or Christina Aguilera when they were little.
  5. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Good Lord, I would hope not. :rolleyes:
  6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Call me cuckoo, but I've been wondering what a certain little boy who's popped up from time to time is up to now. If it helps explaining which little boy I'm talking about, you may remember him "hanging down from a trapeze, you need you legs to bend at the knees".
  7. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

what makes you think that? you need to expalin that in order for us you understand.
  8. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

Actually, it couldn't have been Christina because she was born in 1980, and that song was made in 1978. But it might have been Mariah Carey because she was born in 1970. Do you think it could have been her?
  9. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Well, we have seen a grown Jon Jon, Fanny and Shala in the 20th anniversary schedule. I really don't know much about the other kids. I'd like to know whatever happened to Patty from "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street." (Debbie Chen, I believe)
  10. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

i still don't understand what your baising your idea that the girl in the lama film was Mariah Carey. If you heard or read somewhere that it was or might of been than I can understand is there anyone else who thinks it might of been her and how so?
  11. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

Well, an "online friend" of mine thinks it might have been her, and that led me to believe it could have been. But, doesn't she have a voice good enough to be Mariah Carey?
  12. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Hiya Ziff,
    The one that did the "a...b...c...COOKIE MONSTER!" with Kermit was a little girl named Joey.My SSU book says that Joey didn't appear in too many skits because she was older than the other kids when it came to the "One of these things" games.
    And the ones that were squeezing Kermit in the "next to" skits were Shala & Fanny
  13. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I always wondered this too because they'd be close to my age.
  14. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

Thanks for that info, Katzi. :) That laugh of Joey's was so precious and great. And Jim Henson did a great job of not laughing when he had to make Kermit say his irritated lines! (As did Frank Oz and Jerry Nelson when they were with John John!)
  15. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

kermit and john john

does anybody know whether kermit and john john ever appeared together? one thing I noticed about john john's sketches was that all of the ones that i've seen take place in front of a blue background and john john always wore a red shirt. does anybody know if all of his skits were taped in the same day?

I have an album, cookie monster and grover: true blue, which has the song Still we Like each other, which was originally on the Sesame Street Live album, and john john sang with grover on that song.

anyway, although John John was was in the military in 1989, in the book Sesame Street Unpaved (made in 1998), it says that he is currently an accountant. I wonder if he still is an accountant.

In the 20th anniversary special, john john says that his real name is john Williams (I assume that is his name, as he said that that's what they call him now).
  16. jeffkjoe

jeffkjoe New Member

Don't forget that it was Holly Robinson Peete, of "21 Jump Street" fame and Matt Robinson's real-life daughter, who played Sally in the pilot episode and season 1 back in 1969-1970.
  17. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

That's right! And she kept getting all the answers way too quick for any of the others to stand a chance, huh.
  18. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I think you are mistaken, Jeffkjoe, because Holly Robinson Peete was born in 1964, making her about 5 years old when Sesame Street first aired.
  19. Mario

Mario New Member

I have been wondering the same thing. I don't know John-John. Is he the boy in the Christmas Special, where he pretends to sleep and Grover pretends to be santa and cant get out of the house because everything's locked? I want to know what happened to the kids from "Jelly Man Kelly" with James Taylor... "OHHHH!!! Can he come home Jenny can he come home Jenny can he come? OOHHHHH!!! Can he come home..." I have this on a cd, and I SCREAM it in the car, my friends aren't too happy about it, but its really fun.
  20. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Hmmm. I don't know who that kid was, but I'm sure it wasn't Jon Jon. I'm guessing his real name was Billy, since a lot of them go by their real name.