The kids on Sesame Street: Where are they now?

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, an "online friend" of mine thinks it might have been her, and that led me to believe it could have been. But, doesn't she have a voice good enough to be Mariah Carey?

Katzi428

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Yes it would be nice to hear what they are doing these days. Is the girl Tracy you mentioned that was in the 2 skits with Kermit the girl who kept saying "Cookie Monster" during the abc's and laughing so adorably? And/Or was she the one that kept hugging Kermit by squeezing his neck real hard and making Kermit gasp in a funny sound and then she would laugh real cutely?
Hiya Ziff,
The one that did the "a...b...c...COOKIE MONSTER!" with Kermit was a little girl named Joey.My SSU book says that Joey didn't appear in too many skits because she was older than the other kids when it came to the "One of these things" games.
And the ones that were squeezing Kermit in the "next to" skits were Shala & Fanny

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I always wondered this too because they'd be close to my age.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Katzi428 said:
Hiya Ziff,
The one that did the "a...b...c...COOKIE MONSTER!" with Kermit was a little girl named Joey.My SSU book says that Joey didn't appear in too many skits because she was older than the other kids when it came to the "One of these things" games.
And the ones that were squeezing Kermit in the "next to" skits were Shala & Fanny
Thanks for that info, Katzi. :smile: That laugh of Joey's was so precious and great. And Jim Henson did a great job of not laughing when he had to make Kermit say his irritated lines! (As did Frank Oz and Jerry Nelson when they were with John John!)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
kermit and john john

does anybody know whether kermit and john john ever appeared together? one thing I noticed about john john's sketches was that all of the ones that i've seen take place in front of a blue background and john john always wore a red shirt. does anybody know if all of his skits were taped in the same day?

I have an album, cookie monster and grover: true blue, which has the song Still we Like each other, which was originally on the Sesame Street Live album, and john john sang with grover on that song.

anyway, although John John was was in the military in 1989, in the book Sesame Street Unpaved (made in 1998), it says that he is currently an accountant. I wonder if he still is an accountant.

In the 20th anniversary special, john john says that his real name is john Williams (I assume that is his name, as he said that that's what they call him now).

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Don't forget that it was Holly Robinson Peete, of "21 Jump Street" fame and Matt Robinson's real-life daughter, who played Sally in the pilot episode and season 1 back in 1969-1970.

BEAR

Reaction score
Katzi428 said:
Hiya Ziff,
That's right! And she kept getting all the answers way too quick for any of the others to stand a chance, huh.

BEAR

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
Don't forget that it was Holly Robinson Peete, of "21 Jump Street" fame and Matt Robinson's real-life daughter, who played Sally in the pilot episode and season 1 back in 1969-1970.
I think you are mistaken, Jeffkjoe, because Holly Robinson Peete was born in 1964, making her about 5 years old when Sesame Street first aired.

Mario

Reaction score
I have been wondering the same thing. I don't know John-John. Is he the boy in the Christmas Special, where he pretends to sleep and Grover pretends to be santa and cant get out of the house because everything's locked? I want to know what happened to the kids from "Jelly Man Kelly" with James Taylor... "OHHHH!!! Can he come home Jenny can he come home Jenny can he come? OOHHHHH!!! Can he come home..." I have this on a cd, and I SCREAM it in the car, my friends aren't too happy about it, but its really fun.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Mario said:
I have been wondering the same thing. I don't know John-John. Is he the boy in the Christmas Special, where he pretends to sleep and Grover pretends to be santa and cant get out of the house because everything's locked?
Hmmm. I don't know who that kid was, but I'm sure it wasn't Jon Jon. I'm guessing his real name was Billy, since a lot of them go by their real name.