The kids on Sesame Street: Where are they now?

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I think you are mistaken, Jeffkjoe, because Holly Robinson Peete was born in 1964, making her about 5 years old when Sesame Street first aired.

Nope. I'm right about this one. Sally was played by Holly Robinson.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Other where are they now's:

The 20th Anniversary special notes:

Shala, as of 1989, was a University of Texas attendee who was on the track team.

Fanny, as of 1989, was a student at the Wharton School of Business at U. Penn studying international business.

John-John, as of 1989, was in the Air Force, where he was now officially named John Williams. I also read that after the Air Force, he was in computer sales.

BEAR

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Hmmm. I don't know who that kid was, but I'm sure it wasn't Jon Jon. I'm guessing his real name was Billy, since a lot of them go by their real name.
Yeah, the kid in Christmas Eve on SS was named Billy. John John was another little black boy who was on the street a lot during atleast the first few years. He counted with Herry. He is one of, if not THE, most famous kids on the show's history. A lot of classic moments were with him.

BEAR

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
Nope. I'm right about this one. Sally was played by Holly Robinson.
Sorry, I got confused. I thought you said that the girl playing Sally was the daughter of Matt Robinson and Holly Robinson Peete, like they were married and produced the child. But you are saying that Holly was the daughter of Matt Robinson. Okay, i see. Understand it was the way you worded it that flipped the meaning of what you were trying to say.

Mario

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Hmmm. I don't know who that kid was, but I'm sure it wasn't Jon Jon. I'm guessing his real name was Billy, since a lot of them go by their real name.
Yeah, that sounds right. I can hear Grover saying Billy in my head.

Xerus

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
Other where are they now's:

The 20th Anniversary special notes:

Shala, as of 1989, was a University of Texas attendee who was on the track team.

Fanny, as of 1989, was a student at the Wharton School of Business at U. Penn studying international business.

John-John, as of 1989, was in the Air Force, where he was now officially named John Williams. I also read that after the Air Force, he was in computer sales.
I remember that special where Herry was reunited with John-John. When Herry saw him in that uniform, he goes. "I guess they don't call you John-John anymore." Then they both started counting to 20 again like in the old days.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, it makes you wonder if John John (or is it Jon Jon) is still in the air force now. After all that special is 15 years old. He might have changed careers since then. Same with Fanny and Shala, it was established that they were in college at the time. What are they up to these days?

In response to the Holly Robinson thing, I never thought of that. Then again, I never knew Matt Robinson was the original Gordon until just a few years ago. I have seen a clip of that on "The Street We Live On" special. I might want to look at that again, see if I can recognize her. Of course, she obviously looks different now, but I'll see if I notice a resemblence.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i'm not sure if it was Holly who played Sally unless you have some other info to back it up. there this site. http://members.tripod.com/~hooperfan/index-2.html witch not only has old SS photos but has an transcript of a 1971 book about the show and 1 of the chapters mention Matt's 2 kids doing a scene but no mention of Holly play sally.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
i'm not sure if it was Holly who played Sally unless you have some other info to back it up. there this site. http://members.tripod.com/~hooperfan/index-2.html witch not only has old SS photos but has an transcript of a 1971 book about the show and 1 of the chapters mention Matt's 2 kids doing a scene but no mention of Holly play sally.
MIke:

It's in imdb.com of all things.

Click here, and scroll ALL THE WAY DOWN on her television credits:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005372/

Case closed.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
th imdb page is not a reliable source. you maybe right and i maybe wrong. but they have Sonia Manzano listed as joining the cast in 1973 and I know that's wrong by seeing the SSU shows and have heard from many others who have found other errors there. Speaking of Holly Robinson anyone aware of her foundation she founded in horor of her Dad who Doed of Parkinson's Disease? http://www.hollyrod.com/index.html