The last two busts have been revealed.

Aerosmith

Reaction score
I dont thonk a close up of each one would come out good due to glares on the glass from the camera flash. :smile:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
They are great, I wish I had the money and room to get these. I dont think they get many here in Australia but I know they can get you some if you order them.

I think they are in a glass case, thats why the photos arent that good, maybe they put them in glass to preven anyone taking good photos of them, lol.

Is that from the Comics Convention this weekend?

I wish I could have gone. besides from being in the country what do you have to do to get into a great place like that?

from,
Paul
:smile:

matleo

Reaction score
It looks liek they've made some changes to the Piggy sculpt. the pic that Jamies posted is bearing a little shoulder. Aerosmith's pic is not. So they've obviously chanegd the hair. it looks like they migh have chanegd the face a bit too, but Aero's pic is a little too far to tell just yet. Really hope they'll give Animal his second arm. I try not to compare these too much with what palisades has done becasue well, it's really kind of apples and oranges in some ways. in some wy it isn't bu in same ways it really is. Palisades will NEVER be able to get Rowlf as close to Sideshow's because Sideshow doesn't have ot worry about articualted arms and can sculpt Rowlf so he looks just like the puppet. palisades has to cheat a bit and put arms on him so he looks odd. however, Palisades has soft plastic pieces they can use to get wild hairs (like on Chef, Strangepork, Pepe, and Beau, and Animal) while Sidesohw doesn't has to kind of do the best they can. i tihnk the main difference is that while Palisades can say "Yeah, we did a Miss Piggy we're not too proud of but we're going to try and fox it for PIS Piggy" Sideshow seems content with doing things like leavin an arm off of Animal. but the thing to remember is Palisades is a much smaller company and so I think it's easier for them to be more intimate with fans/collectors/customers. oh there is one other major difference between Palisades and Sideshow: Palisades considers Floyd to be an important part of the muppets!! :sing:

--Matt

WiGgY

Reaction score
It looks as if Piggy has had a necklace of some kind added to her, her arms have been spaced further, and possibly a face change. The problem with yellow hair is that it changes the way the shape of the face looks when you try to compare it to the puppet. We saw that with Palisades EB exclusive when Misfit Toy changed her hair. So, the face may not be changed, but it may look likei t was, which pretty much means it was.

matleo is right about comparing Palisades and Sideshow though. For one thing, Palisades egts a chance to redo a character multiple times in the line if they want. Sideshow gets one shot. Unfortunatly with character like Fozzie and Link, they don't seem to spend as much time in the sculpting process as Palisades. And matleo is also right when he says that Palisades has to worry about function when sideshow only needs to worry about form, but that being said, shouldn't all the busts really look fantastic than? A figure really shouldn't look better than a bust. Not trying to knock the busts because they are all pretty cool, but I think sideshow should have spent a little more time on these.

Oh, and after series 6, a great exclusive would be a Jim Henson bust as either puppet or man. THat would complete the collection.

Aerosmith

Reaction score
I dont think Sideshow really care's what they look like. I mean look at the Dark Crystal dolls. :rolleyes: But I do like Kermit, Rowlf, Gonzo, Swedish Chef, Janice, Beau, Dr.Teeth, Sam, and Zoot.

matleo

Reaction score
Aerosmith said:
I dont think Sideshow really care's what they look like. I mean look at the Dark Crystal dolls. :rolleyes:
oh don't get me started on those!! you know it surprises me that Henosn didn't get the Frouds more involved on that. Isn't Sideshow actually producing a "World of Froud" line now? based on some of Brian other drawings. What I've seen of those look good, but I imagine Brian is more involved.

--Matt

WiGgY

Reaction score
Aerosmith said:
In case you didnt know there is already a Jim Henson bust.
http://www.gforcemodels.com/gforce/henson/
I've seen that before, but it wouldn't really match the others, plus it comes unpainted. I think it would be good for sideshow to do their own Jim Henson bust so that it matches the rest. Of course it doesn't really matter to me because I don't have the money or space to collect them, though Rowlf is very tempting as is Dr,. Teeth.