The last two busts have been revealed.

scarecroe

Reaction score
They're not as big as I'd expected a bust to be, but they're nice.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The main difference between Sideshow and Palisades is that a bust costs 60 dollars each. A figure is 8 or 9. They have had a year and a half to perfect Fozzie and Piggy, but haven't. Nobody has to buy them, but I prefer to have a complete set. They are very cool items. It just seems to me that they are more about business than love of the craft. As an artist and Muppet fan, I find that disappointing. :embarrassed: :frown:

I don't see why closer photos would be hard to take even in the glass casing. It's been done before at past cons. :confused:

On another subject, what do you think about Sesame busts? That could be cool. Not sure if 60 bucks a pop would work for the Sesame market, but if they were priced like the Simpsons busts it could work.

scarecroe

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
On another subject, what do you think about Sesame busts?
I'd much rather have Sesame action figures way before I'd consider a Sesame bust. Even then I'd be real careful in choosing which ones I'd get. I think a Grover and Herry Monster bust would be fantastic. Second choices would be Count and Telly.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Yeah I don't like how Link's arm is cut off, if you look at some busts they kinda have the same things going on with there hands, look at "Link and Sam", "Statler and Gonzo" "Fozzie and Scooter" and "the Chef and Beau"

No NOT execatly the same, but a simaler pose, Sam's wing looks okay cut off, but not Link's, nor would I think Animals.

I would say to cut out Link for Floyd rather then Crazy Harry
(Harry always had more exposer in the Muppet Movies, Link never had his own line!) because there is no Strangepork, if another series is made i guess my choice would be
1 Floyd...duh!;-)
2 Strangepork
3 Sweetums with robin (a good idea, cause robin is small you could do him full bodied on sweetums hand)
and 4 the Muppet newsman

matleo

Reaction score
Sweetums with robin (a good idea, cause robin is small you could do him full bodied on sweetums hand)
yeah, but Sideshow would probably have that hand cut off on Sweetums and then we'd never see him (Robin). :smirk:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
(Harry always had more exposer in the Muppet Movies, Link never had his own line!) because there is no Strangepork
But this is the Muppet Show bust series and Link had a lot of exposure and musical numbes of his own on TMS. However, I do agree with you. He's the one I would have cut for Floyd. :sing:

tomahawk

Reaction score
O.k, I just got back from San Diego and you will all be happy to know that Animals arm is not cut off. Both of his hands are gripping his collar like he is trying to rip it off. And by the way, Dr. Teeth looks great close up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ooooh! Very happy about that. Could you please give detailed desriptions of Piggy (especially in comparison to the early prototype posted earlier in this thread), Teeth, Animal and what you think about Fozzie close up? :mad: :big_grin: :halo: :embarrassed: I'd also like to hear about Harry, Beau and other unrealeased busts if you have the time. :crazy: I know Link didn't look as bad as the prototype on their site and Scooter didn't look as good. There's just something about seeing them in real space that puts them in perspective. Thanks.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Oh, so Animal isn't missing an arm. Cool. I thought he was griping his collar with both hands until someone mentioned the arm being a nub. Once it was said, it looked like that to me. Gald to here that is not the case. The line was just saved! :big_grin:

tomahawk

Reaction score
In my opinion they all look better close up. I personally have series 1 and 2 so I can see them at home all the time. But being able to see them all together was beautiful. My favorites in order of the ones I don't have yet or are still to be released are.....
Dr. Teeth- A must have even if you are not collecting the busts.
Beau- For Buddas sake it's Beau!!! He looks great.
Janice- Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Zoot- Again it's Zoot. I never imagined one Zoot product. Now we have 2.
Swedish Chef-If I had only found this booth earlier in the day I could have got him for 40 dollars. Beautiful bust. They ran out of him and Sideshow were selling him for almost 60.
Fozzie- I think because I read a lot of negative things about him, seeing him in person made it a lot better.
Lew and Crazy Harry- I like both of these. Great expressions on them.

The Miss. Piggy looks good, but I don't know. I feel that whenever I see a Miss. Piggy product something is missing.