"The Looney Tunes Show" premieres May 3, 2011

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I swear... seems like I'm the only one (especially as someone who thinks the original LT cartoons were untouchable and unmatchable in quality) who's really enjoying these. Jeff's Daffy is sounding a lot better than it did in the first preview clip, I'm loving Fred's Speedy... other than that Lola clip, I find these all really amusing and a really fun turn for these guys without diluting the thing down all the way.

Seriously... this is a MUCH better way of hipping them up than Loonatics.
They arent that bad. I'm just trying to get past Bug's design. His rounder head and bigger teeth are bothering me. But I'm sure I'll get over it :stick_out_tongue:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
They arent that bad. I'm just trying to get past Bug's design. His rounder head and bigger teeth are bothering me. But I'm sure I'll get over it :stick_out_tongue:
Well said. I'm not crazy about the slight violet hue to his skin color either. For me, Bugs is more gray than purple.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm the only one liking the design, then? Again, the worst Looney Tunes look, even worse than Loonatics was The stagnant, stiff as a board, Psuedo-Freeling mass merchandise designs used in the 70's and 80's That's the only example I could find big enough. They're just so lifeless in those. I thank WB every day for changing their designs in the 90's, and refusing to keep them stiff and still and uncartoony. I REALLY loved the faux-Bob Clampett designs they had around the time BIA came out. This angularness, while overused in cartoons today, manages to also work with the characters' cartoonishness. They still seem to move. Again, unlike those 1970's stiff children's book designs.

And to be honest, Duck Dodgers DID have a fair amount of angular blockiness to the characters too... a bit more subtle, perhaps.

Anyway, if this show actually manages to make Mac and Tosh (the UNFUNNIEST characters in the Looney Tunes universe) funny, like Duck Dodgers did, I'll consider it a boon to mankind!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So far, I think it's alright. Elmer Fudd's "Grilled Cheese" song was more than I needed though...

BoomerangFish

Reaction score
Not bad... Bugs' design is a bit jarring... but good to have the Looney's back. :wink:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to see the new show yet, but I do really love the fact that Cartoon Network has been running the classic Looney Tunes cartoons again to help promote it. It's great to see that on Cartoon Network again! Finally, some good cartoons.:smile:
(Okay- to be fair, there are some other good cartoons on there I like too- but these are just classic and I haven't seen them in a long while...)

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Elmer Fudd's "Grilled Cheese" song was more than I needed though...
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that. :smile:

I thought it was interesting, but it didn't really seem all that 'Looney'. Just very surreal in spots.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Surreal nothing, I felt like he was, like hitting on me. Only using food as a symbol o.o *lol*...Which is a very weird thing coming from Elmer and OOC for him IMHO. He's the bashful sort...Now Bugs or Duffy, I could picture them doing something like that :smile:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
By now, the first episode has come and gone and as much as I hate to say it, I kind of liked it.

I've heard the show will get better over time, it seems like they are at least heading on to a good start. I like this interpretation of Bugs and Daffy, even if it's not as true to the classic cartoons as it should be. But I still got a lot of chuckles out of that first episode, the Superman parody was hilarious.

Elmer's grilled cheese song sounded and felt like a rejected Silly Song with Larry. Strangest thing I've seen all year.