The Missing Link Hogthrob

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
link sounds perfect in smells like teen spirit and the song made me laugh
I'm dying to purchase the original soundtrack, but please-- NO spoilers about the soundtrack, nor-- nor about the Muppet Barbershop Quartet. Surprises are fun, and Link's my favorite. :wink:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Link Hogthrob, in puppet form, wasn't used at all last decade (and in fact it seems like hardly any Muppet pigs appeared except for Miss Piggy). I wonder if the puppet was no longer usable then (I brought this up before, and someone pointed out that a Link puppet was on display in some Henson exhibet. Then again, just because a puppet was in good enough condition to be on display doesn't mean it'd be in good enough condition to be performed... And the one on display might have been the only one left). When Andy and Randy appeared on The Muppets Kitchen, somebody at Tough Pigs had heard from a secret source that they originally wanted to use Link and Strangepork but didn't want to spend money rebuilding the puppets, which I guess means they needed to be rebuilt then (if all that's true then it's great they came to their senses in time for filming the movie). Though that appearance came after Muppet Bohemian Rhapsody, which Strangepork made a cameo in (and it looked like a new, or newer, puppet to me).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
In the same thread, an earlier post, they stated the Strangepork puppet used in that wasn't in that great shape and they got the most they could from it, which would probably explain why his cameo is so short.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
People saying Link wasn't around in the 90's make me laugh. He was in the intro of Muppets Tonight and was in a crowd during the opening of Muppet Christmas Carol, and was the gong pig from Muppet Treasure Island.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
People saying Link wasn't around in the 90's make me laugh. He was in the intro of Muppets Tonight and was in a crowd during the opening of Muppet Christmas Carol, and was the gong pig from Muppet Treasure Island.
I don't think Link is in the Muppets Tonight intro. I think you're confusing him with David Hogselhoff. However, Link did appear in the Billy Crystal episode as one of the pigs that carried Billy onto the stage at the beginning of the episode.

Link also appeared in the background in Muppets From Space.

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
I don't think Link is in the Muppets Tonight intro. I think you're confusing him with David Hogselhoff. However, Link did appear in the Billy Crystal episode as one of the pigs that carried Billy onto the stage at the beginning of the episode.

Link also appeared in the background in Muppets From Space.

@ 00:18-00:21... Link's there; he's one of the four porcine plate spinners. This view is vague, but he's behind the generic pig on the right side. :wink:

Duke Remington

Reaction score

@ 00:18-00:21... Link's there; he's one of the four porcine plate spinners. This view is vague, but he's behind the generic pig on the right side. :wink:
Okay. I saw him. It's just that he was so hard to see, being so hidden by that generic pig.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Around does not equal having a major, or even a measurable role. He was definitely used as a background character in the 90's. His biggest role being the gong boy in MTI. And sadly, that's his biggest role until this movie. He actually gets to sing, frog knows what else he does.

Hopefully, all things go well, we'll have some more Link based material, be it a TV show, a TV special, or a Youtube video. And hopefully, if the movie does make a lot of money, we can get someone to build a new Strangepork as well.