The Moppet Family: The Reunion

christyb

Reaction score
Writing I'm writing...now wait I'm posting. Hehe

christyb

Reaction score
Chapter Twenty Five- Now What?

Somewhere, fogotten inside Randall's lair Sugarbritchez wandered around stuck in the past. Instead of concrete and machines she saw lockers and a fifteen year old version of Christy Moppet...better make that Cole. Christy had shrugged her off and was bouncing down the hallway ignoring the very frustrated Fairy Godmother. The Fairy Godmother huffed and puffed and fluffed in righteous indignation as she fluttered rapidly down a hallway of the magic school towards her ward. "Nicky! Nicky Cole you wait right there this instant!" She rushed around a corner and almost collided with the teenage girl who stood with her hands on her hips. "Oh! There you are! Listen here!"

"What?" Christy asked, eyeing her 'protector' with a sarcastic glance.

"What is this? Two for the price of one day at the magic school?" Angie asked. She held up her wand before Christy could respond. "Does the name Randall Dimetri ring a bell with you?"

"Yes," Christy replied. "It tolls like a funeral chant."

"You mean Wedding Bells?" Fairy G turned her wand upside down and swung it side to side as bell-peel music spun around the hallway.

"Angie, you've gotten it wrong. I don't love Randall, I never have. I always loved Ron Dimtri, thank you very much."

"Then why were you going out with-"

"Randall can be very persuasive," Christy said. "But never again." She turned and strode away. And Randall walked up behind the Fairy Godmother, his eyes darker than death.

A flash of light blinded her as she fell from Randall's lair and the illusion. The Fairy Gomother huffed and puffed and fluffed in righteous indignation as she fluttered rapidly down a hallway of the magic school, rounded the corner, and tipped over a pile of gold landing forcefully face first on a beach. She scrabbled upright and pretended nothing had happened. "What-where-Adam?"

She blinked and dug her wand out from where it had fallen in the sand. Adam stood in front of her. "Angela? Wherever have you been?" Adam asked.

"I-" She stopped as her mind rushed back over the last weeks or days or months. She's been trapped in a time warp, reliving one moment over and over again. And she knew who had done it too. "Listen here! Don't tell Christy I said this, but that Randall chap is a creep and she must be stopped from meeting with him!"

Adam frowned. "You might need a day or two to catch up, Fairy Godmother…"

A short distance away, near the center of the island Father stood before the jungle watching the spaces between the trees flicker with images. There was himself there, holding Vibs by a safety-pin up to her waist in nappies as he shouted at Mother. Mother shoving the wallet into his mouth. Father Moppet leaping from the rigging of a pirate ship.

He stepped closer to the woods, watching the images in the trees like a giant video of his life. Not that anyone filmed his life. There he was, and others, Mr Cole talking at the dinning room table. “Mother is the least of my worries. It’s Christy when she gets back to water. You know things have been shaky with her and Bo lately,” Adam took a seat and filled his own plates.

Father sitting with a newspaper. "Excuse me, but I was trying to find the one whose job is staying here with the kids." And Mother was there in the images.

"Your babysitter," Mother’s voice went cold "Your babysitter? Is that all I am to you?"

Another clip breezed between the woods. Father put a hand to his head and moaned. He wanted it to stop. He remembered this sounding differently. This wasn't the way it happened...was it? Father watched as the woods changed into another scene.

Father fixing his tea in the kitchen, turning to Mother. He crossed the room and stood across from her, "I think that's what you left over, cause you hated looking after the kids."

"No, I…it was different. What? You don‘t ever miss it Bo? I saw your eyes when we were fighting"

"So, I get to look after the kids while you do, what exactly, get some high-power job?"

Then Father stood by a window in the living room. "Oh, sure, Vic's mine," Father said, voice dripping sarcasm. "I always thought Ron may have had something to do with that."

Mother's face was totally shocked. "Don't you dare…"

"And then there's the whole magic incident with the twins? Like that was my fault. I wonder if any of what you call our kids are...."

Father gasped at the look on his face. He cringed at the look in his eyes. He began to cry at the pain in Mother....his beloved wife's eyes at what came next.

"Yeah, well, great. As long as I don't have to live with you."

Mother started to speak, and stopped with her lips and teeth apart. Tears stung unshed in here eyes, “Then you won’t have to.” Then she disappeared.

Father watched himself reflected. Father Moppet leapt up from the table, shouting, “Christy, why are you being so darn selfis-” He stopped very suddenly, and didn't turn around. Felt her.

Father by the woods clenches his fists tighter as a final clip played across the screen of the dark trees. He remembered something his own Mother said once. Something about seeing the world through another's eyes.

Before Christy could react a pain shot through her side as she instinctively clutched the new wound. She turned around to the source of the pain and saw Beauregard clutching a sword with anger in his eyes. No it couldn't be she thought. Things began to sway and fade as she looked and saw the hate inside his eyes. Thinking that Beau didn't love her anymore she gave up. Christy didn't have the will to go on. She closed her eyes and fell back throwing her dagger. Faintly she heard a clank as the metal hit something and then her world ended.

Father closed his eyes and ran at the woods, at the jungle. She was there, he could get her back. He slammed into something. Vic. Vic grabbed Father's waist, pushing him away from the tree line. "No! Dad! That place is dangerous! You'll get killed in there!"

Father stopped running, looked into Vic's face, lifted his hands to Vic's shoulders. "I'm sorry," he said. "I need your Mother, back."

"And she'll come back!" Vic said. "Just like, she always does! But she needs you!"

"Me?" Father pulled back from Vic. "She needs me?"

Vic let his hands drop to his side. "Dah! Dad! If she didn't, she wouldn’t have married you, remember? And I think Jana's done something, and I think she needs you, and Mother needs you, and, dad, I need you to."

Father looked back towards the beach, saw Jana running towards him. He turned to Vic, managed half a smile and draped an arm around his boy's neck. "Alright, son," he whispered. "Let's go back."

They walked together, side by side. Father mourning his loss inside, wishing he could go back and change something, while deeper inside he was ready to start again with his children, and move forward.

Jana charged and attacked Father's legs. "Dadda, Come On! Hurry!" Father started tripping and put his hand on Jana's head to steady himself. His daughter. She grabbed his fingers and started pulling him towards the circle which had stepped up closer around Mother. People moved aside as Father entered the circle.

"There!" Jana said. "See? She breathes."

Father crouched beside Christy and touched her forehead. It was cold, but she was alive. He brushed his fingers through her hair, past her ears. "I don't know if you can hear me." He was whispering, no one else could hear certainly, except maybe a certain Cole relation whose loss of one sense was made up for by others. "But I know you are there. And I'm here. And I want you to come back, not for my tea or as a housekeeper, but because…" He paused and Moppet took over. "Because I lov ya, and I'm gunna miss ya otherwise."

Viola poked Viq. "Hey don't fairy tales end with a kiss."

Viq stared at her, mouth hanging open. "You have a tail?"

Jana crept closer and cupped her hands around Father's ear. "You might have to kiss her," she said.

Father flapped at the girl. "I know! I have done this kind of thing before! Well, not quite like this because I never had a wife die on me before, but I think I am getting used to people dying all over the place, and I think that you know that I know how to deal with this kind of situation! And perhaps if you would all look away for a second then I could have a little privacy and I can…" He heard Moppet's voice echo in his head, "Just kiss her already!" And he did.

Mother opened one eye. "You know I've kinda been awake here for a few minutes now waiting for that…" she said, pain and joy mingled with laughter in her voice.

Father rocked back on his heals, relief rushing over him. Moppet grinned and took over. He leaned over, threw his arms around his wife and began kissing her. Father pulled back his face turning a deep shade of red. Mother gazed into his eyes and whispered, "I'm sorry." Father grinned and forgot anyone else was around as he leaned in to kiss her again.

Mr Cole grinned. Jana leapt into the air punching her fists and screaming. Vibs and Viq grabbed each other into a hug and then awkwardly untangled themselves. "That was embarrassing," Vibs said.

"Totally," Viq agreed.

"So why did you-"

"-I didn't, you did."

Viola fluttered up into the air. "You two bicker like an old married couple."

Mother struggled to sit up and Father helped her, wrapping his arms around her. "Don't you dare scare me like that again!"

"What you think I did it on purpose?" Mother replied with mock-shock.

"You're a crazy woman!" Moppet said. "You know your brother Dandan did the same last year?"

Mother broke off the hug. "My brother? Dandan is your sister!"

"I think he's just my aunt," Vic said. He gripped his Mother's hand. "Hey mum." And gripped Father's too. "And Dad" he said. "Did you know that you two bicker like an old married couple."

People moved in. Mother sat back and winced as Adam went to work performing some first aid to stop the bleeding. While Adam was bandaging her arm she hugged Vibs and Viq closely. The triplets came across curious to finally meet this new stranger. Izzy walked over and pushed the trio closer. A silent thanks to Christy for helping her when they were being born. Miss Mingostone pulled Jack forward and introduced him. One by one she greeted them with a smile, sounding stronger and more and more like the Mother they knew. "Adam, not so tight. I'm bleeding to death not being mummified!"

"No a little tighter. We want that bandaging to stay until we get to the hospital," Grandmother Cole leaned in to inspect Adam's work.

"No a little looser, Adam. We don't want to lose her again the poor dear," Grandma K walked over and began undoing the bandage holding Christy's chest wound.

Fairy G leant in for her say. "Why don't you just…"

Christy rolled her eyes and shot Adam a "Help Me" thought. "Do they always bicker like an old married…couple?" she asked. He just smiled and kept on working. Finishing he stood up and offered her a hand.

"Up we go Sis. Think you can stand on your own two feet?"

"You ever been blown through a hole, pounced upon by an overgrown kitten, and put through a knife sharpener in one afternoon? I've lost at least a third of my blood. We get to the Magic School I'll bet they tell me it's more. The answer is no," Christy took his hand. She quickly reached out to Father for support.

Jana and Vibs came running up arguing a mile a minute. About what neither of the girls knew for sure. However, neither girl really liked the other all that much.

"Momma tell her that..." Jana began.

"Girls! Now is not the time," Mother admonished with a look.

"But Mum she..." Vibs began sticking her tongue out at Jana.

"I said enough! Now Jana come here. I want your Father to meet you," Christy reached out to her youngest daughter pushing her towards Father. Jana wrinkled her nose and stuck her tongue out at Vibs. Father looked at Jana and muttered something about like mother like daughter.

Suddenly everyone began looking at everyone else wondering what was the next step. Christy's eyes twinkled with merriment as she watched them talk around her on their ideas on how to get off the island. Vic mentioned sailing back on The Reunion when she finally, spoke up "That won't work. You can't get out the way you came. Nor can you get in the way you leave."

"Now dear, you're lightheaded and a little bit tizzy. Just calm down and we'll get you home soon as we can," Father patted Mother on the arm softly.

Christy rolled her eyes, "Moppet I'm not two years old you know. I built this place and I think I'd know how to get out. Now everyone listen up! You see that little shed over there? Go on over and wait for me. Beau, help me over to Ron."

Father stiffened his hold on Mother. He didn't move an inch, "Dear, I don't like that idea."

Christy rolled her eyes and sighed, "Beau you big ninny. I love you. Ron saved my life and he gave us a wonderful son. Please, just let me say goodbye. Now I'll get over there if I have to crawl."

Father looked at the man, and then nodded and lifted Mother and carried her over to the place where Ron lay. He watched as she pushed back strands of blond hair that had fallen across his forehead. He watched as she whispered barely audible, "Thank you. You saved my life. If you hadn't been there I would have blown up with the Criakian. Goodbye Ron."

Mother looked up at Father expectantly. Surprised she watched as he picked up Ron's sword and wiped it off. Silently he lifted up the gold sword he had used against Randall in battle. Without a word he tied Ron's sword to his side. Christy sat there in shock as Beau placed the other sword across Ron's chest.

"There, it's time to go now," Father picked up Mother and made their way towards the shed.

"What too you two so long?" Jana insisted.

"We had to say goodbye to an old friend that's all. So, Dear, how do we get out of here?" Father replied as Adam's eyebrow's hit the sky at the sight of Ron's sword.

"Well my first guess would be to open the door," Christy quietly said with a grin.

Vic looked over and shrugged at his Mom. He turned and opened the door. Inside was an old abandoned warehouse, "You mean we're in Glendale? This is the old candy factory!"

Christy leaned back her head and laughed, "Yeah, that's where you are. Right down the road in the very place I told you not to play in when you were little."

"Dude this is too weird," Vic muttered.

"Girlie! Glad to see you're alive and kickin!" Mac ran over to the group as they made their way across the building.

"Me too Mac. I wouldn't be if it wasn't for the sacrifices made by Jana and Adam."

"Well I thank ye both. But we got a little problem Cap'n."

"What's that?"

A man in a black three piece suit came over and pulled a badge from his chest pocket, "Christy Nicola O'Connor Cole Dimitri Moppet you're under arrest for violating the terms of your probation, grand theft, and the murder of a Randall Dimitri."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Gah! Trust the idiots running the government and federal police to stick their noses where it doesn't belong, muddling things all over again.

Vonderful chapter... So much to comment on... Reference to DanDan's mock-wedding...
Few spelling mistakes, though it doesn't detract from the overall story.

To use Lisa's line... You stabbed me again, *points* about around here.
Originally posted by Mother: "He was whispering, no one else could hear certainly, except maybe a certain Cole relation whose loss of one sense was made up
for by others."

Another thing I liked... The circle of Moppet Family, including the extended members, it evokes in me the scene from Goblet of Fire towards the end at the Little Hangleton cemetary with the Death-Eaters... But this was something much more beautiful and memorable.

The candy factory? Well, trust you to build...
*Slight laugh.
Hoping the finale gets posted soon... Whenever you have it ready.

Beauregard

Reaction score
The finale is indeed hurrying towards you...yes, the next chapter is the last of the story!

And then...well, no promises for tonight, but we certainly hope to get a certain thread started very, very soon.

Beau

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Indeed... Me thinks the crowd's chanting at the Moppet residential community's locked gates to have them opened now.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Agreed. And I promised mid June and I meant it...er...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Father: No way...
Moppet: Aye!
Me: It's the end, folks!!!

Chapter Twenty-Six - Ending

Silence filled the room as Mother stared intently upon the Anti-Pirates Enforcement Society (APES) agent. At that moment only Vic, Adam, Mother and Father stood in the door to the Candy Store. Adam stepped forward seemingly looking straight into the man's eyes. The APES man nervously grabbed at his tie pulling it looser. His eye's darted around as sweat began dripping down his forehead. Christy and Adam continued their relentless stare as the man's eyes grew heavier and heavier. A resounding thud clashed through the room as the man dropped out cold.

"What on earth did you two do to him?" Father shifted Mother in his arms with his mouth gaping.

Adam Cole's voice spoke into Mother's head. "He saw-"

"I know," Mother echoed back.

"Hello? You two? Now isn't the time for private conversations," Father Moppet said. "That man saw-"

"Yes," Mother said. She glanced away from Father to Vic. "We need to get to the docks," she commanded. "Adam, get the others through the door and off the island."

As they stumbled through the pale evening darkness to the docks, they saw The Reunion lying at rest in the bay, full sails billowing as the crew moved back and forth over the galleon. Mother eased down from Father's arms, and Mac steadied her with a hand.

"Mom?" Vic said. "What's-?"

"That man," Mother said. "He was an Anti-Pirate Enforcer."

"An APE," Father added quickly. "And he saw you, knows you've become more than a child of pirates."

Vic looked down at his attire.

"You've become a pirate yourself," Mac said. "And I couldn'a be more proud of ya."

"But there's only two choices when you're identified as a pirate," Mother said. "Hide from it, or embrace it." She looked at Father.

"Vic, you've gotta go, now," Father said. "Because to hide is…not fun."

Vic looked from one to the other. "What do I do? I can't pirate!"

A young teen in a bandana slipped up behind him and linked her arms around his neck. "Sure you can," Bonnie said. "And I'll be there to blast you to smitherins if ya don't."

The galleon slid in closer to the shore. Vic turned to his Mother and Father. "I understand why you did what you did now."

Father reached down to his side and untied Ron's sword and extended it forward to Vic. Vic took the other side, questions filling his eyes. Father cleared his throat, holding back the tears, "You'll need this son. Take care, don't forget us."

"I won't Dad," Vic said placing the sword at his side.

"More importantly Don't forget who you are." Mother said leaning forward and hugging Vic. Looking up at Mac she said, "Take care of him. He's a greenhorn and not ready to be a Captain."

"Neither were you girlie. Time to go Son," Mac said clapping Vic on the back.

The gangplank lowered and Vic stepped onto it. "Oh Vic!" Father shouted. "Try not to- er…kill anyone."

Vic grinned. "I'll try." Bonnie linked his arm and they walked up the plank.

Life would return to normal. Father would make tea, Mother would be at home when she wasn't off working on some assignment, Adam and his wife and the girls would be at home with the gran. In fact, those girls would be under rather strict instructions to stay inside over the next few weeks. Viq and Vibs would no doubt get used to having a Jana in their midst, and Viola and Fairy Godmother would head back to patch up what they could of fairyland when they weren't hanging about. Miss Mingostone and Jack would have their hands full with kids and crimes respectively. Mr Harvey work on Suzan, or rather, work with her, and Grandma would be around someplace whacking people knees out. The APES man would be dealt with easily enough.

And Vic, Mac, and Bonnie would be somewhere out at sea until they were needed.

Oh and Dog…

Vic turned to wave one last time and was leapt upon from behind. "Arfsta ruflago efferyfluff!" Ted shouted.

Translated, "Asta Luago, Everybody."

The End​

Or is it the beginning?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow... You manage to get us again... Giving Vic a send-off like that, maybe echoing his message to us all on MC?
And I kinda like the little nod there to keeping the kittens indoors. Guess it explains why they talked to Bo about being let out and meeting Jack the Penguin Man.

So... Drinks and appetizers are being served in the reception ahll, the Moppet Family's having the wrap party there.
And I'm rully looking forward to having the gates open loose once again.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Me: YAHOO!!! That was soooooo awesome!!! Oh my graciousness it was amazing!! Wow wow wow!!

Jack: Meh, it wasn't that great...

Me: You're lying, I see it in your eyes.

Jack: *closes eyes* Ha! Now you can't! *gets up to leave and crases into a table*

Me: Good grief...*grabs punch and cake* Great story Beau and Christy!! Amazing!! You both are!