1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by GuySmiley, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I think it's "legato" tune, as in slow.
  2. JacobsBest

JacobsBest Member

That makes sense, but the lyric is "staccato". However, it IS Dr. Teeth and part of his shtick is taking grammatical liberties. Lol.
  3. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Guess what? I have that song on MP3 from the Muppet Musicque website before it went down to nothing. Sad, but true. That song does make me sad, because I miss my friends, my grandparents, and everything I loved is now about to be gone.
    heralde likes this.
  4. Rowlfy

Rowlfy Member

Just One Person, not the Bernadette Peters one, but the one for the Jim Henson Tribute.
    ProboSowa likes this.
  5. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

"I'm going to go back there someday" from the original Muppet Movie. And by tears, I mean happy tears. :'D That song, personally, was very powerful in it's simplicity.
  6. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Just recently watched John Denver and The Muppets Rocky Mountain Holiday and while at the time that wasn't a tear jerker it is to me now. Strikes an even more emotional chord with me now since Jerry's recent passing. I just picture Jim, Richard, Jerry, and even John up there sitting around a camp fire and singing camp songs.
    DrDientes and muppetfan24/7 like this.
  7. Scooterforever

Scooterforever Active Member

I just watched Muppets Letters to Santa two days ago and teared up in the scene near the end when they read Claire's letter to Santa saying all she wants for Christmas is to spend the holidays with her friends.
  8. Piggy The Frog

Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

The wedding scene from MTM gets me every time! I start blubbering as soon as Piggy and Kermit start walking down the aisle.
    heralde likes this.
  9. jgidley

jgidley Active Member

Do I have to choose one? :confused:
  10. Pinkflower7783

Like your name and your icon. I take it your a Kermit & Piggy fan too? :):mad:
  11. Piggy The Frog

Of course! Your icon's great too. Kermit and Piggy are so cute together. :)+:mad: forever!
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  12. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I swear one time I just saw the YouTube title "Kermit and Piggy Get Married" and I started tearing up! Lol
  13. Pinkflower7783

Yeah I started tearing up too but for different reasons. :p
    muppetfan24/7 and DrDientes like this.
  14. Pinkflower7783

Don't forget to catch them Tuesday night for the Barbara Walters Special! :D
  15. Piggy The Frog

I know, I'm looking forward to it!
    muppetfan24/7 and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  16. muppetfan24/7

Me vous! Well, I cannot wait to see the memorable clips of The Muppet Show which would be awesome.
  17. Pinkflower7783

I hope their on for more than 3 mins. :p
  18. muppetfan24/7

That's true! If they are are on longer than 3 minutes, then I will be happy and maybe my mom too.
  19. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before, but the scene where Miss Piggy goes to answer the phone, expecting a call from her agent, leaves Kermit feeling rather sad, and then he shares his feelings with Rowlf, which leads into the "I Hope that Something Better Comes Along" duet:

:sympathy:: Whoa, hey, broken heart, right?
    :): Does it show?
    :sympathy:: Listen, when you've been tickling the ivories for as long as I have, you've seen a broken dream for every drop of rain, a shattered dream for every falling star.
    :): Exactly. She just walked out on me.
    :sympathy:: Ah, typical. That's why I live alone.
    :): You do, huh?
    :sympathy:: Yep, I finish work, go home, read a book, have a couple of beers, take myself for a walk, and go to bed.
    :): Nice and simple.
    :sympathy:: Stay away from women, that's my motto.
    :): But I can't.
    :sympathy:: Neither can I, that's my trouble...

After the song ends, Rowlf remarks "It's not that often you see a guy that green have the blues that bad."

http://www.whysanity.net/muppets/index.html contains the lyrics to songs from The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, and The Muppets Take Manhattan.

P.S. I just noticed that Rowlf's emoticon represents sympathy.
  20. JennyPenny

JennyPenny New Member

Today I broke into sobs while re-watching the Kaye Ballard episode. It was the part where Floyd and the band quits and Kermit says,

" But Floyd you can't just leave us."

The pain is still very fresh for me with Jerry. :(