1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by GuySmiley, Jun 30, 2002.

1. thekingof8

thekingof8 New Member

If this doesn't make you cry, you have no soul.

2. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Well, both of the Studio DC specials had me crying throughout. :p

But seriously, the one moment that really makes me cry (and that's an accomplishment considering that I don't cry much at movies and that sort) is the TMS theme song rendition in The Muppets. It was at that point in my first viewing that I really felt the movie hit me, that this is it. The Muppets are back around.

So now, out of tradition, I tend to cry during that scene. It's just special to me for some reason.
    DrDientes and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  3. Pianogirl

Pianogirl Member

my most touching moment is when robin sang "halfway down the stairs" in the first season on TMS, when beaker gives Mr. Scrooge his scarf in MCC, and "We could do it all again" from the the muppets.
  4. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

its called pictures in my head but thats alright :) no worries
  5. Pianogirl

Pianogirl Member

Thanks muppetlover123, I've never seen the title written out, only heard the song in the context of the film. *Blushes sheepishly*
  6. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

its alright man
  7. Muppetgirl1

Muppetgirl1 Member

I started to cry When the Muppets lifted up Walter. Then Walter and Kermit looked at each other. Kermit was singing pictures in my head then all the muppets join in this I burst into tears :):cry::):o:o:cry:
  8. KissesToKermie

KissesToKermie Well-Known Member

It's Not Easy Being- *sniff* Green.
    Muppetgirl1 likes this.
  9. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Now that is definetely the first Kermit :) song I heard when my mom introduce to me to the Muppets. Yeah, the song is a tear-jerker, but I finally have that song, the one from the Muppet Show and SS thank goodness.
  10. Muppetgirl1

Muppetgirl1 Member

No it's not easy being GREEN but it's fun when you need to hide I wish I was Green
  11. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

I was never that big on "Bein' Green," and then I saw the video of Big Bird singing it at the memorial and I was so touched.
  12. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

"Saying Goodbye" from The Muppets Take Manhattan is a real tear-jerker, but on TMS, I'd say Gonzo's version of "My Way" (in the Lola Falana episode when he leaves the show for an acting career in India) and "When I Grow Too Old to Dream" (from the Linda Ronstadt episode) are right up there, too.
    Honorable mention: the version of "When the River Meets the Sea" that Jerry Nelson and Louise Gold performed at Jim's memorial (if memory serves correctly).

YAAAYY!!! 1000th post on this thread.:D
    Muppetgirl1 likes this.
  13. BoomerangFish

BoomerangFish Member

I actually got a little teary eyed at the new film... when Kermit steps off the bus from his choir practice... made me think of Henson (couldn't help but think that was a little nod to the man himself)
    JimAndFrank likes this.
  14. Muppetgirl1

Muppetgirl1 Member

I cried at all those too :):o:cry::cry:;):D
  15. Elisha

Elisha New Member

My biggest tear jerking moment is in the Muppet Movie when Gonzo sings "I'm Going to Go Back There Someday." Gonzo is my favorite Muppet and I just think that is a brilliant song with beautiful lyrics that Dave performed so poignantly. It really touches me, and when Dave sang it at Jim Henson's memorial service, I pretty much lost it.

I also get teary at "Just One Person" when Bernadette Peters sang it on the Muppet Show.

Danny Kaye singing "Inchworm" with all the Muppets kills me every time too.

All of the beautiful musical moments get to me like "Halfway Up the Stairs," "One Little Star", "Saying Goodbye", "Shine on Me", "Sing", "When the River Meets the Sea" and much more.
    Muppetgirl1 and Scooterforever like this.
  16. Scooterforever

Scooterforever Active Member

I cried so hard it hurt when Gonzo sang "The Wishing Song" in the Madeline Kahn episode. Gonzo is usually a pretty upbeat character, but Dave is so good at singing in a melancholy, tear-inducing voice.
  17. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

The biggest tear-jerker for me was at the end of The Muppets Tribute to Jim Henson when they all sang Just One Person. I was already balling my eyes out when I first watched it.
    And then Steve Whitmire's Kermit appeared for the first time through the backstage door and just behind him was an image of Jim and I just lost whatever was left of my composure.

It was such a bitter-sweet moment, I'm probably reading too much into this, but it was like they were trying to say, "Yes, Jim's gone. But, you know what? Kermit's still here, so is Fozzie and Miss Piggy and everyone else. We are going to pull through because Jim would have wanted us to."

MuppetLuver2000 and cjd874 like this.
  18. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

What really strikes me is that Bernadette Peters first sang "Just One Person" to Robin on The Muppet Show in 1977, then thirteen years later, Robin was the one leading the Muppets in the same exact song for the tribute special. It makes me think of how much Robin absorbs as a precocious frog.
    And you're not reading too much into this, JimAndFrank. You perfectly described what their message was to the audience, and to the whole world.
  19. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Let's just hope they continue to do so for a long time to come....
  20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I got a recast for you...

Replace Morshu the Shop Keep from that terrible Link and the Faces of Evil game with Chamberlain Skesis.

They both have a knack for going mmmmmmMMMMMMMmmmmm....