The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

angiealight

Reaction score
Like many have already said before me - The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson always always always chokes me up. It's so very touching - yet it's done in that wonderfully humorous way - it allows you to feel sad at Jim's passing, but joy in what he accomplished in his lifetime and the great things he was able to share with us; and allows us to laugh. It's a tear-jerker in the best possible way.

Kermiesgurrl

Reaction score
The one that always gets me is "The Rainbow Connection" at the beginning of The Muppet Movie. It is a peaceful and a great performance. I know that alot of people would just look at it and laugh and say "Huh, a frog playing a banjo on a log in the middle of a swamp, yeah right" But you see, they dont understand it like we Muppet fans do. Jim Henson brought these great creations to us, and to us they are more than puppets, there real. And thats what "Rainbow Connection" means to me.

:smile: :cry: :halo:

Marky

Reaction score
Lately, my most tear-jerking muppet moment is everytime I face the truth - the muppets seem to be no more. Disney has indeed killed them.:cry:

Lakina

Reaction score
When my son was 2(14 now)and i needed to take a shower i would put on the rainbow connection and my son would just stare at the boom box transfixed. Just about 2 years ago i bought a starbucks cd that had Sarah Mclaclan(?) singing the rainbow connection. As soon as we got in the car (my son and I) i put it in the player and listened to the song. I only made to about 20 second into the song and then started to cry. My son kept asking me if i was okay. Later that night i played it for my 6 year old daughter while she was sitting in my lap. I think i lasted 40 seconds this time. To me The Rainbow Connection is an instant tearjerker since Jim passed.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
In the PBS Great Performances they did an episode on Jim. They used Rainbow Connection over a montage of photos of him. It still gets me even tho I have seen it around 100 times. Also, John Denver and The Muppets: A Christmas Together. The songs on the album have so much warmth a feeling. It's difficult to believe that two great people like that could be taken away so early.

Brinatello

Reaction score
Mistersuperstar said:
In the PBS Great Performances they did an episode on Jim. They used Rainbow Connection over a montage of photos of him. It still gets me even tho I have seen it around 100 times.
That has to be the show and scene where it finally hit me that Jim was truly gone and when the music started, I cried very hard. I still get choked up every time I see it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I used to have the Great Performances special on tape. I saw it again recently at The Museum of TV and Radio. I don't know why this time was different, but towards the end as they sort of summed up Jim's legacy and the closing credits came up, I really started getting teary eyed.

robinthefrog

Reaction score
What got me is when I saw The Muppets Take Manhatten for the first time. The part where Kermit is very happy that he got the muppets into Broadway, he gets off the phone and walks across the road and the car hits him. I know he couldnt possibly have been killed off but it still saddened me and still does.

Marky

Reaction score
robinthefrog said:
What got me is when I saw The Muppets Take Manhatten for the first time. The part where Kermit is very happy that he got the muppets into Broadway, he gets off the phone and walks across the road and the car hits him. I know he couldnt possibly have been killed off but it still saddened me and still does.
I can't believe the endurance of this thread. Does this mean we are all in touch with our feelings or we all need help?

:concern: