The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

BlitzkriegBob

Reaction score
so many good ones have been mentioned, but mine has to be during the "muppets celabrate jim henson" special when theyre reading noted from kids then they all sing that song and the sesame street and fraggle characters show up and sing with them. that was so sad. that was an amazing special. i watch it all the time.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I have to agree about the finale of "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson." I saw it again recently for the first time since it first aired, and I was a mess. :cry: So sad, yet so beautifully done.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
redmans said:
"Saying Goodbye" in MTM will always have a strong effect on me.
I have to agree with you redmans. The first time I heard this song, it made me feel very sad (But not sad enough to cry though!), and the next time I heard the song, it hit me right in the heart.

As far as I am concerned, and I think I am speaking for all of us, this song has an important lesson that we all learn. And that lesson is:

All things must come to an end. :cry:

Btw, the 2nd time I heard this song, I told myself that I couldn't stand hearing it anymore. I really never got to meet jim henson, and many of the fine people who made the muppets. I don't know about you, but I have the heart of a muppet

Reaction score
MuppetQuilter said:
Lots of good ones, but for me, it's the Muppets reading the letters kids sent to Kermit after Jim died (The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson). Nothing sadder than that.

darn you, you stole half my idea. them reading the letters and then singing that song.....umm dont know the name "if two whole people believe in you, deep enough, strong enough, believe in you...." kermit comes in for the first time in the whole show and says, do you have anything silly? its great, you had to have seen it. happy things after sad things make me cry.

singmearainbow

Reaction score
The Muppet Movie: When Gonzo sings "I'm going to go back there someday" and when Kermit says, "I guess I was wrong when I said I didn't promise anyone... I promised me."

Muppet Christmas Carol: "When Love is Gone," "Bless Us All," Tiny Tim's death, and the end.

Muppet Treasure Island: At the end, when Jim lets Silver go, and Captain Smollet/Kermit tells him that his father would be proud.

And "I don't want to live on the moon" used to make me bawl when I was little.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
MCC last night, when they pan across the family at the table to the empty chair by the fire place. Ugh.

dmx10101

Reaction score
Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie- When Gonzo and Kermit are singing Everyone matters, and when Kermit is sitting out in the snow.

sixdollarman

Reaction score
There are quite a few. The televised version of Sesame Street's 25th Birthday had a nice piece where they had the alphabet song being played with 26 different scenes for each letter. For example:
A : Fonzie (from Happy Days) at the pinball machine
M : Merry Christmas from Mr. Hooper
That's what started me on this journey to re-live all of my muppet memories.

Mr. Hooper's death on Sesame Street still gets me everytime.

Kermit singing "This Frog"

Robin singing "Halfway Down the Stairs"

These are just a few.

SarahFraggle

Reaction score
:cry:" Petals of the Rose"FR "The Muppets Celabrate Jim Henson" and "Goodbye, Goodbye"FR.

Makes me cry but i still love it. :flirt:

SarahFraggle

Reaction score
:cry: Stop! Stop! You made me start crying now with all these things, but thats how the Muppets work, they hit you in the Heart and have the Magic to stay there forever! :wink: