The Muppet Central Freelance Writers Guild Project

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Aw, thanks. :wink:

So, how will it work? Do we choose the subject, or are they assigned to us? 'Cause I have a few good ideas for articles and reviews.
You're more than welcome to choose your own, but if you don't have any ideas I'd be glad to assign it. Since you have your own ideas by all means write on them! :big_grin:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
SUCH a FAB idea! Ok, eventually I would love to do an article or two, but for now sign me up for proof-reading and editing! I'm really excited about this!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I'm working on the FR DVD thing, but it might take me a couple of days.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Where do i start? Ryan where would you need me the most? I would love to do "It's hard out there for a Shrimp"

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ooh, I actually have Jim henson's designs and doodles but it's in another city at the mo'... if I can get it back soon I would be more than happy to write something!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This sounds tempting, but I'm not sure. I feel (and a few have commented on this at times) like many of my posts (both first-posts in threads and responses) seem well-thought-out, perhaps more appropriate for an article. Though outdated, I would like to review A Celebration of Me, Grover! and the two Sesame Street 35th anniversary specials, as well as the 35th anniversary game and Street Gang. Maybe also some articles on my own experiences as a Muppet fan, some on some of my favorite characters (much like the old Rarely Seen Muppets articles... I don't know if they are still on this site; Of course there already has been an article on one of my favorite rarely-seen Muppets, Lips). Maybe a series of articles on certain Muppet Show and Sesame Street sketches that I either like or dislike.

I'll think about it.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Alex - Awesome! Thank you!

Kelly - Perfect! That's one of the most important ones to get a review of I think.

Dwayne - Get in here, man! You know I want you a part of this team! A review of Pepe's book would be fantastic!

MrsPepper - Thanks, boss! Whenever you get the time, a review of that one would be awesome! :sing:

minor_muppetz - I think a review of any of that stuff would be awesome, m_m! Opinion articles are always welcome too! Just submit whatever you'd like!

I'm gone for the weekend gang, but when I get back I should have some articles to send to those of you who've expressed proof-reading interest. So expect a PM or e-mail from me on Monday! :big_grin:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea! I'd like to get on board and review some of the newer SS DVDs!

Luke

Reaction score
I agree with Jamie/Prawnie most strongly that its about time, with Phils permission of course, the site became more interactive and open to contributions like it used to be. It feels so dead other than the forum.

I used to write some of the news opinion pieces for MC way back, would be happy to do a few of those when the need arises. Now the Muppets are actually doing "stuff" again maybe it would be good to bring back the MC Review Of The Year as well as that used to be very popular.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Well I just sent out all of the reviews I have for proof-reading. This project is finally getting off the ground! Here's hoping we'll see it succeed! :big_grin:

And keep sending some articles gang! We can always use more!