1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Muppet Central Freelance Writers Guild Project

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by theprawncracker, Jul 16, 2009.

1. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'm gonna work on the survey answers, since frankly fanfic awards aren't really consistent. Besides, that's eight (IIRC) topics on that survey, so it'll take me awhile just to do them.
  2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

The lack of Sesame Street fan fics is news to me. I know I've written quite a few (both actual stories, scripts for potential video compilations and anniversary specials, scripts that could work as short sketches, and episode outlines). Maybe it's just me who has written the majority of SST fan fics at Muppet Central.

However, I've noticed that there have hardly been any Muppet Babies fan fics. I noticed this a year ago and wrote one, though I don't think it was too good (I honestly can't remember the title, and hardly remember what it was about).

I don't recall reading any plots about Kermit and Piggy's wedding. Weird. Then again, it's been awhile since I've read anybody else's fan fics.

And I had been wondering about the reason for the change from SS to SST regardign Sesame Street abbreviation. I had been meaning to start a thread asking about it, but had been kind of lazy.
  3. RedPiggy

Yeah, I was thinking "Gee, I know I've seen at least a dozen fics/scripts that start with SST". :p

I could see Muppet Babies being hard to write, possibly for the same reason focusing on the youngest members of SST would be. Even aside from coming up with awesome songs to go along with it, there's still the problem of writing toddlers. I guess a marathon youtube stint would help (marathons are what I do when I want to write someone).
  4. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Okay, Ryan, I've sent my feedback on that one review - check your inbox.

I'm working on a few different versions of a Hunt tribute, and eventually I'll have one ready to send off.
  5. RedPiggy

I have to drop off Bear to get the snip-snip procedure tomorrow morning, but after that I will try to work on the first topic of the fanfic articles, showcasing the best characterizations of major Muppet characters.
  6. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I hope this can be pushed through and put into the works. I'd love to see more content take place on the main site.
  7. RedPiggy

One topic down, seven more to go. People pick really long fics, LOL.
  8. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Many many many MANY fanfics here are about the results of their wedding. Almost everyone has their own version of it, and their own take on it. I'm surprised that you haven't seen many around...Although Ruahnna and Leyla are here less often now, and they were two of the main campaigners for the wedding in their day.
  9. RedPiggy

I've read a couple, and then my own And If That Diamond Ring Turns Brass fic sort of kept it as a subplot (okay, it's been a subplot ever since the Comeback King Saga).
  10. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Yes, lest you forget the halves' delving into that subject. :shifty: plug for some of Toga/Prawn's works.
  11. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I'm confused: Are we talking about article content or fanfic content? I thought it was about articles for the main website.
  12. RedPiggy

I'm writing articles for the main site reviewing/discussing fanfics, whether in general or in particular
  13. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Thanks much, Kev! It means a lot to have your support! :D
  14. theprawncracker

Hey gang! I've got about four articles I need proof-reading on. Two are about fan-fics, so if you're adept in fan-ficcy... let me know and I'll send you those. Thanks gang!
  15. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Am I too late Prawnie? I could help if you still need it since I read alot of fan fics. :) If I'm too late, no biggy.
  16. theprawncracker

You are NOT too late, Miss BooberRedgurl! :D I'll e-mail them along shortly!

Also... speaking of reading a lot of fan-fics... a little Prawnie told me he posted a new chapter the other day... :halo:
  17. redBoobergurl

LOL, well please let Mr. Prawn know that Mrs. Red will read his fic very soon, as well as these articles. She was busy moving furniture at home last night but should be back on schedule today.

Thank you,
    Zany the Penguin acting as Mrs. Red's personal secretary.

:zany:
  18. The Count

Oh? What happened to Kenny the Copy Boy, did you have to fire him?
  19. redBoobergurl

Yep Kenny the Copy Boy was off galivanting with pretty blondes (this is a reference to Friends) so I hired Zany instead.
  20. The Count

Oh good. My loyal secretary remains with me, Shriekcy, devil bless her. And it might interest you to know I've reached the hundred mark with my erm, clients. Now to start filing through the remaining souls... Only 60 of them have taken their proper numbers, I'm sorting through the rest. If you see Ms. Da Pest, please remind her of that.

Thanks.
    From the desk of Mr. Castle, Bat-In-Chief.

*Leaves muffins. :insatiable: