The Muppet Man BioPic

Drtooth

Reaction score
The words UGH pop up first thing in my mind. What the heck is that supposed to be? Some sort of Nightmare of Jim's? I don't like it... not one bit. It's a Robot Chicken or collegehumor skit, not an opening scene of the movie to me.

Beauregard

Reaction score
The words UGH pop up first thing in my mind. What the heck is that supposed to be? Some sort of Nightmare of Jim's? I don't like it... not one bit. It's a Robot Chicken or collegehumor skit, not an opening scene of the movie to me.
Having looked at some of the stuff from the original screenplay again, I can see how it works...as a shocking, edgy, attention-grabbing storyline. I wonder if the author himself ever intended for it to be made in the form it was originally written, or if (much like high-end fashion) it was designed just to open the door to a less-edgy, less-gritty storyline.

Having practically released this one online and gotten it on the blacklist, anything less extreme could still address many of the less 'godlike' aspects of the Muppet creator, without seeming to be as harsh as this ridiculous inaccurate blasphemy towards Jim.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Somehow, in the case of this movie, I want to see the Muppets as just that. The actual muppets that were used. I wanna see Jim Henson, not some lame Robot Chicken sketch. Sure, it has edge and stuff... but it sounds like the story of a failed or flash in the pan cartoon character, not Kermit the frog. I'd see "edgy Kermit" as being spoiled by fame, nasty to everyone, tells off his staff on a daily basis, biting anyone who asks for an autograph...even a little kid. Something like that. Similar to an edgy Mickey Mouse or edgy Elmo.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Thanks Jamie for posting that little bit. I do like the idea of haveing sepreate storylines for Kermit, and Jim. That is as far as my likeing goes.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Interesting idea. Not sure if I like it yet... I mean, wasn't Mr. Henson all about distancing himself from the Muppets towards the end of his life? He wanted to branch off to other things, and not to be typecasted as Kermit the Frog.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I don't know as I agree with that. Part of the reason he wanted to sell his company to Disney is so he would have more time to focus on the Muppets and whatever else he wanted to do. He was really just getting too wrapped up in the business end of things, and wanted to return to performing and directing and creating, I think.

I mean, it doesn't seem it, but his body of work with the Muppets from the late eighties is fairly impressive: Muppet Family Christmas, The Jim Henson Hour, The Muppets at Walt Disney World, Nightline, the Earth Day Special just to name a few.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
I don't know as I agree with that. Part of the reason he wanted to sell his company to Disney is so he would have more time to focus on the Muppets and whatever else he wanted to do. He was really just getting too wrapped up in the business end of things, and wanted to return to performing and directing and creating, I think.

I mean, it doesn't seem it, but his body of work with the Muppets from the late eighties is fairly impressive: Muppet Family Christmas, The Jim Henson Hour, The Muppets at Walt Disney World, Nightline, the Earth Day Special just to name a few.
I suppose I didn't convey my thoughts properly. Henson didn't want to be exclusively associated with kids.

Kiki

Reaction score
Thanks for posting an excerpt, Frogboy4, though to be honest I don't know what to make of it. I mean, I don't mind it, it's just a very unusual approach- certainly something that I wouldn't've expected! I take the script's online? If so, I want to have a proper look..

Kiki

Reaction score