The Muppet Show back on Danish TV!

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Just heard the presenter say that they will be showing all the episodes of TMS on DR2

Animal

Reaction score
Yes I heard that too! That´s just GREAT!!! :smile:
Now it just seems weird that if they are showing all 120 eps, why start with Peter Sellers, instead of sending them in right order???
I really hope that the presenter knows what she talked about... :concern:

-Hans :halo: :halo: :halo:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Well my guess is that they have decided to send them in another order because they don't want to "scare" anbody off by starting with the more "boring" episodes.
Or maybe they think they could lure more into seeing the show by showing the shows with guest stars that people know about. I don't think anybody in Denmark would know who Juliet Prowse are.
And they have just finished showing the Pink Panther movies so that could be the reason the chosed to begin with Peter Sellers.

Animal

Reaction score
Yeah...you might be right. I really hope so...!

I just mailed DR2 and asked them if they really are going to send ALL 120 episodes or what! 120 episodes means that the show will be on the air for over 2 years!!!, with only one showing per week!!! :concern:

Now let´s see what DR2 says! :wink:

Animal

Reaction score
OK, today I saw the TV-guide for next week for DR2, and next Thursday they´ll send the Twiggy episode of TMS. Last week it was Peter Sellers, today it´s Peter Ustinov, and in two weeks it´s Raquel Welch...! I have a feeling that they´re showing us the episodes previously released on the HMV box-set....! :boo:
I really hope not....I want to see more of the non-released episodes!
And I still haven´t got a reply from DR2 yet... :grouchy:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Animal said:
OK, today I saw the TV-guide for next week for DR2, and next Thursday they´ll send the Twiggy episode of TMS. Last week it was Peter Sellers, today it´s Peter Ustinov, and in two weeks it´s Raquel Welch...! I have a feeling that they´re showing us the episodes previously released on the HMV box-set....!
I really hope not....I want to see more of the non-released episodes!
And I still haven´t got a reply from DR2 yet... :grouchy:
You are right it does not look good, but lets hope for the best.

Don't expect to get a reply from DR. A few years ago I tryed to get some answers to some questions, I'am still waiting for the reply

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Just want to let everyone know that we are getting 1st season opening.

Animal

Reaction score
Yeah...I was very surprised to see the original opening. GREAT!!!
Now...THAT´S a good sign. That wasn´t on the HMV box-set, so let´s hope the other 1st season shows will be like this! :smile:

Fighbird

Reaction score
Hi, you guys - the new guy here. :smile:

Man, was yesterdays episode a treat. It was a real showcase for Frank, and boy was he good as ever. I loved the bit between him (as Fozzie) and Raquel Welch. Piggie is starting to look like her old self, although the snout will probably be retooled during later epsiodes, AFAIR.

This was really a great episode - the guys have really started to get a good hold on the show, and the characters are really coming out like we know and love them.

Next week, the Julie Andrews episode. Can't wait. :excited:

I hate that announcer they've got for "Gyldne Timer" - but it was a special treat hearing her tell about the unveiling of the Jim & Kermit statue the day before. But she could have said something a bit more flattering than that stupid thing about Kermit and his "fnuggede venner" (linty friends)...

Oh, well...

Animal

Reaction score
Hey Fighbird, welcome onboard!!!

Yes, the announcer for "Gyldne Timer" is terrible,("fnuggede venner"...where does she get this from??? :grouchy: ) but I think that it´s nice of her, telling a bit about the stars before the show. Almost all of them is forgotten now...well, in Denmark at least!

What I don´t like about the whole thing is that they´ve only showed episodes previously released on the HMV-boxset! :boo:
I want to see episodes NOT released on VHS or DVD!!! Although I have all 120 episodes on video, I would like to see them on Danish TV again, and with Danish subtitles!!!

Also, yes the Julie Andrews episode is very GREAT!!! One of my favourites from the second season indeed!!!

Again, welcome onboard. Nice to see another Dane in here!!!!