The Muppet Show back on Danish TV!

Fighbird

Reaction score
Saw the Julie Andrews episode today, and thought it to be okay. I liked the Twiggy one better, but that was mainly because of Frank.

The first skit was especially nice, since I was hired to play at a theatre-performance of "The Sound of Music" earlier this year, so it was nice to hear the music again.

All in all, this ep did strike me as a bit boring. Sure, the show is well-established in context and pace, but there were too many songs... IMHO there should maybe have been a Vetenarian Hospital or Pigs In Space included there, too, but I guess it's a bit late for that now... :wink:

Some of Kermit's appearances seemed strange to me. Where he is introducing Julie for the first time, his head looks more bulgy as we are used to, and the dialogue seems synced. Anybody knows whether this was Jim doing Kermit here or not? To me it seems like the above could indicate that it wasn't him in that particular scene, because of the bulging, the few face expression and the bad sync.

Nice to see Gonzo get a bit more airtime, and seing Robin again was also a treat. Too bad we didn't get to see much of Frank other than the Sam monologue.

Heck, I guess everybody here have already discussed these episodes, so don't mind me... It's only the first time I see these in about 20 years, so bear with me... :smile:

Animal

Reaction score
...and next week: Paul Simon!!! :smile:

-Hans :halo: :halo: :halo:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I must admit I'am begining to worry about this.
I got a bad feeling that you could be right Hans, about the fact that they only showed the episodese from the HMV boxset.
It would be nice to see some other show so we could be sure that they indeed are going to air all the episode as they said.

BTW guys I don't know if you already know this, but Disney Channel are showing Dinosaurs every day at 21:00. Unfortunely I was just told it today, they have been showing it for quite some time now, so I don't know how far they are.

Fighbird

Reaction score
Maybe they are just going by the HMV set for now, and just postponing the other episodes untill they are actaully available from HMV. Or something...

Oh, BTW: Is the Disney Channel on Stofanet?

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Fighbird said:
Oh, BTW: Is the Disney Channel on Stofanet?
I don't really know, I'am not connected to Stofa, but if it is then it's a channel that you must pay extra money for to get.

Animal

Reaction score
Good news guys!!! :smile:

I just read that on Thursday, October 24 the episode will be with Dizzy Gillespie! FINALLY an episode NOT released on VHS or DVD!!! Let´s all cross our fingers that they´ll continue like this, and that it also will be uncut!!!

Just thought I would let you know!

-Hans :halo: :halo: :halo:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
That sounds great, finally a sign that they will be showing all the episodes

Fighbird

Reaction score
Yeah, good work there, Hans!

The Dizzy Gillespie episode is actually one of the few I can remember - but that was from back when TV2 used to show it at 19:30 on weekdays.

But now I'm just ranting again ... :excited:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
What channel is it supposed to air on again? If it's one I get, I'll probably have to tape it, since Timelife doesn't sell the Dizzy Gillepsie ep. Isn't that the one with :sleep: 's wife Astoria? I'd really like to see what she's like.

Fighbird

Reaction score
I don't know if Astoria is part of that episode, but it airs this thursday on the danish channel "DR2" at 5:40 pm Eastern time...