The Muppet Show Season 3 Amazon Sales Rank

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Back up to 788. This is the point where the show really starts taking off, too!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Though, I am going to wait and hear more detailed reviews of Season 3. It's great to have the actual episodes out, but the special features are worrying me. There's so much potential that's not being used. These sets are expensive and unfortunately lately I've felt it necessary to be more discriminating with Muppet products. Just buying everything will just give Disney the impression nothing is wrong.
heralde... Disney is doing A LOT with the Muppets right now, we just don't see all of it in the forefront right now because they're taking their time to make sure they do it RIGHT. There is a brand new QUALITY website with LOADS of NEW video material ALREADY, after less than a MONTH. Do you know how BIG that is? Disney is obviously doing SOMETHING, and it's obviously something RIGHT. I fully agree with you that bonus features are a BIG part of DVD releases, but still they are BONUS features. The real meat of these releases are having all of these episodes in one place with good sound and picture quality, everything else is just icing on the cake. I understand that icing is fantastic, but sometimes you don't have time to go out and buy more sugar to make it in a timely manner. Disney's trying, there's no denying that, and they're doing a darn good job with our Muppets, and I only see them continuing to go up, and up, and up.

Big things are coming people, and this DVD release and the new website videos are just the first snip of the rope on the catapult.

By the way, the current sales rank is 440 in all DVD.:wisdom:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I fully agree with you that bonus features are a BIG part of DVD releases, but still they are BONUS features. The real meat of these releases are having all of these episodes in one place with good sound and picture quality, everything else is just icing on the cake. I understand that icing is fantastic, but sometimes you don't have time to go out and buy more sugar to make it in a timely manner.
Well like I've said before, it's not so much that I want bonus features for this set. I don't like calling the older specials bonuses, they are important by themselves. My main point is I just want to see them released somehow and not forgotten.

I do hope Disney will be able to do a good job. I'm still waiting to see how it all turns out. I mean, I'm really much more of a Jim-era fan. I'm more interested in getting the older material to be more available, which it isn't right now. The new stuff hasn't really grabbed me, though some has been enjoyable. We don't have to agree, but that's where I am. :smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I fully agree with you that bonus features are a BIG part of DVD releases, but still they are BONUS features. The real meat of these releases are having all of these episodes in one place with good sound and picture quality, everything else is just icing on the cake. I understand that icing is fantastic, but sometimes you don't have time to go out and buy more sugar to make it in a timely manner.
Absolutely agreed. Heralde, I'm not sure if you were around during the time when season 1 came out, but everyone was so disappointed when we discovered there were cuts made to the set. I have never been all-faithful; I think that a healthy dose of skepticism is good when it comes to Disney's run with the Muppets so far. But the 2 years it took to get season 2 out was definitely worth, it; we have beautiful, clear-sounding and UNCUT episodes which is what we were asking for. And season 3 so shortly afterwards? This has finally proven to me that Disney is listening and DOES care, and wants to get it right.

Big things are coming people, and this DVD release and the new website videos are just the first snip of the rope on the catapult.
Hear, hear!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
heralde said:
I do hope Disney will be able to do a good job. I'm still waiting to see how it all turns out. I mean, I'm really much more of a Jim-era fan. I'm more interested in getting the older material to be more available, which it isn't right now. The new stuff hasn't really grabbed me, though some has been enjoyable. We don't have to agree, but that's where I am. :smile:
Understood. I just don't feel like Disney's doing nothing, and I feel like what they are doing needs to be recognized. I'm pulling for old stuff released on DVD too, but I guess it's harder than we think it is.

MrsPepper said:
Hear, hear!
Okay, I'm listening. :wink: :stick_out_tongue:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I guess I was mainly upset when I wrote that because I heard one of the bonus features was being cut. Now I know with copy right issues and all, it's something that can't be helped. But it frustrated me that there's yet another DVD released but opportunties were lost. And there's only two left. I mean, if they released those specials on their own, that would be OK too, but I don't know if that will happen (anything is possible of course :smile: ).

I don't know if I'll ever fully reconcile the newer projects. It just hasn't been the same for me, and others. But if it keeps other fans interested, than that is good. :smile: