The Muppet Show Season 3 arrives May 20, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoblinBabe

Reaction score
I would love it if they released the Jim Henson Hour! But I think that's getting our hopes up a bit too far in advance. At this point in time it's still wishful thinking. And I have to agree with the crowd. I don't think TMS Season 3 will be out as soon as May. But I still open to the possibility. I'd hate to be a closed minded person.

ploobis

Reaction score
I still think it would be awesome if season 4 and 5 of The Muppet Show DVD's included Audio Commentaries by Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire and maybe Jerry Nelson. :smile:

peyjenk

Reaction score
I am so excited about this! I've been itching for more, and now, here it comes!

Part of the reason I'm so pumped is because I have not seen most of the episodes in this season. New and unexpected Muppetness always makes me happy!

dwmckim

Reaction score
I'm among those disappointed that Muppet Morsels are no more. Even if one didn't like the "format", this was essentially an episode commentary which hasn't been otherwise replaced with an audio commentary or what have you...and these days i really consider some form of commentary on at least some episodes a requirement for a dvd box set release...esp one that dares to call itself a "special edition".

But...the good news is that for those who liked them, there will be an alternative. Season 3 of Muppet Central's episode guide will come out at the same time as the dvd's so you can view those as you're watching your new dvds. (Heck, it seems that there was some cribbing of our guides when they did the season 1 morsels anyway). As some of you know my life has been pretty topsy turvy the last few years which has kept me away from not just the guides but also other things like this forum...in addition to preparing the next season, i also want to clean up the seasons 1 & 2 to include new info that has come out since (and also some commentary on some of the mistakes in the Muppet Morsels!) ...and there's also going to be a special surprise coming too (think along the lines of the Special look at the unaired Juliet Prowse episode entry - but it's going to be something different ...not the unedited Connie Stevens episode ... which i wish i could see - that's the only hint i'm giving!)

I also really am sad that the promos aren't being included...these are rare treats and special pieces of Muppet history - if there was any disappointment with the ones of the first season set it was that they only included a select few. And they can't be that hard to obtain...i'm sure a lot of the studio reels have them included on there...i hold on hope that we'll see a complete reel of the promos for all the episodes as a bonus feature in an upcoming set.

Sad to say i still give the Muppet Show dvd's a below average in the extras dept - a C-. The fact that they do have some extras and that they included what should be no-brainers like the pilots keep them from getting an F and that they did include things like the Muppets on Muppets for season 2 and this docu for Season 3 keeps them from getting a D (i'm also happy about Muppets on Puppets though i think that could have been released on its own or in some other kind of set - there's lots of other stuff that would have been more appropriate for a Muppet Show specific set.) And the fact that other no-brainers like some kind of commentary, the promos and the overall length of the amount of bonus material really makes them seem more like they're just kind of going through the paces...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's great that the Season Guide will be updated! I agree, the Extras are lacking and they've missed so many opportunities. As usual, the fans seem to know better, heh.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
All about the show -

I still remember the days of VHS where extras were pretty much nonexistent and season or series sets were rare. I feel the extras could be better. I feel the package design could be better too. But it's about having the complete episodes with me. I think many of the bells and whistles have been sacrificed in order to get us complete episodes unlike the first season. Say what you will about the first release, but it pales in comparison with series two because the show's original state should always be top priority.

I wish these could have everything. I particularly would like to hear Dave Goelz and Jerry Nelson recorded commentary, but just seeing the complete Muppet Shows with the UK skits intact gives the release an A+ in my book.

David French

Reaction score
Sad to say i still give the Muppet Show dvd's a below average in the extras dept - a C-. The fact that they do have some extras and that they included what should be no-brainers like the pilots keep them from getting an F and that they did include things like the Muppets on Muppets for season 2 and this docu for Season 3 keeps them from getting a D (i'm also happy about Muppets on Puppets though i think that could have been released on its own or in some other kind of set - there's lots of other stuff that would have been more appropriate for a Muppet Show specific set.) And the fact that other no-brainers like some kind of commentary, the promos and the overall length of the amount of bonus material really makes them seem more like they're just kind of going through the paces...
You have to bear in mind that Disney may not have been able to clear contemporary clips from British TV shows that the Muppets/Henson appeared on (assuming they did). The second problem you then have is, does such material still exist? If it doesn't...well, that's a no-brainer anyway.

I agree about the lack of promos and audio commentaries.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
oH WOW! what great news (after aloooong day at work and nOT being able to get on MC in 4 days couse my computer has been actin up.... again! grr!) :smile: sooooooo looking forward to this! :excited:

Nyperold

Reaction score
Time for my rundown (oh, no-no-no-don'trunmeoverAHHHH!):

Knew who that was without looking the person up:
Roy Clark
Alice Cooper
Loretta Lynn
Liberace
Raquel Welch
Harry Belafonte
Danny Kaye
Spike Milligan
Sylvester Stallone
Roy Rogers & Dale Evans

Heard of but had to/would have to look the person up:
Kris Kristofferson
Pearl Bailey
Jean Stapleton
Lynn Redgrave
Cheryl Ladd

Never heard of:
Rita Coolidge
Leo Sayer
Gilda Radner
Marisa Berenson
James Coco
Helen Reddy
Lesley Ann Warren
Leslie Uggams
Elke Sommer
Roger Miller

I can look 'em up, of course. But if you want to say "Are you kidding? Leslie Uggams was..." then I won't stop you. :wink:

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I only know Gilda Radner from SNL. Leo Sayer was a very popular pop star of the 70s. Elke Sommer is an actress that I can only remember from British film "Carry On Behind". Helen Reddy sung "I am woman, hear me roar" if I'm not mistaken... I think that's my expertise spent. I have heard of most of the guest stars but maybe only from being such a Muppet Show fan. Who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.