1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Muppet Show Season 3 arrives May 20, 2008

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by TimmyMonsterIL, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. heralde Well-Known Member

Wow, thanks for sharing that! Yeah, I'm not even from the UK but I always wish they'd put those on DVD! I've seen a couple Captain and Sprocket scenes before, and they were surprisingly even deeper than than the US/Canadian version. If that was possible. ;)
  2. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well why not put your song on Tv or movies to me it would just promote what you have done even more. They should be honnered that there song was used by the Muppets I know i would have.
  3. Ah, you are right, I do remember the TVS logo as it faded out to the long shot of the lighthouse. Who are or were TVS?
  4. For me, the UK version was always a little more magical or mystical than the US version. The opening scene where we are traveling down towards the lighthouse and you can hear the wind noises just before we catch up with Gobo in the tunnels. When I watched as a kid, I had the idea that The Captain and Sprocket were in this very desolate place on the edge of the rocks, looking out to sea. A lot more of a picturesque location for something like a Fraggle Hole.
    Add to that the fact Fulton Mackay was a very deep actor and put so much feeling into that character. You felt he was really fond of Sprocket even tho he was a lot stricter with him than Doc ever was.
  5. LeanneFuller Active Member

TVS is Television South, now meridian TV their Studio's are in Maidstone. They produced many a loved programme including Number 73.

Mind you I love Tynes TV too, they produced Supergran and Worzel Gummidge.

There may be some mistake here. Portland Bill was nothing to do with Henson, just a kid's TV programme in the 80's. we had loads of stop frame animation:

The Amazing adverntures of Morph: (from the studios of Walace & Gromit)
    My Favourite, The Flumps:
    Chortlon and the Wheelies: &feature=related
    Cockleshell Bay: (did have it's own programme, but here as part of Rainbow)
    Wind in Willows:
    Bertha:

There are loads more I'll post later.
  6. Yep, I used to watch all of those. Chorlton and the Wheelies & The Flumps were very slightly before my time tho but I used to watch the repeats. I loved Wind in the Willows and still do.
  7. Bear Man Member

Hey, want to take this over to the Fraggle Rock forum?
  8. No, we're finished. :o
  9. LeanneFuller Active Member

Maybe I'll start up an 80's Kids Cult section, where we can all submit clips and pictures.

Anyone know where this should sit?

Leanne
  10. I guess it would go in "General Discussion" somewhere.
  11. Kuriboh Man Active Member

According to Muppet Wiki The DVD may contain some collection of Commercials along with some featurettes called "A Frog is Born" and "A Company of Players."
  12. The commercials are still go but I think the documentary "A Frog Is Born" has been dropped.
  13. LeanneFuller Active Member

Do we have a release date for the UK yet?
  14. It's usually about 6 months after the US release.
  15. Kuriboh Man Active Member

This is So Exciting? does anyone else agree?
  16. LeanneFuller Active Member

of course it is exciting, it's what we have all wanted for a very long time.

You Lucky guys get series 3 soon too.
  17. I already have my pre-order in for the US release. That'll keep my going until it's released here in the UK. Plus, the US release has the cute fuzzy cover!
  18. Drtooth Well-Known Member

When they have more information, they will clearly change it. I guess they're trying to work it down to the last detail. There may be news on Tvshowsondvd.com at one point, though.
  19. Bigmouth New Member

As you might have read a few pages back I'm also waiting for a region 2 release. I have to disagree when you say the uk versions has been released 6 months after the us. It's been 3 months. My guess is august/september.

I think I'll buy region 1 this time. The european versions are twice as expensive in Sweden.

Will the songs be subtitled this time? Hope so.
  20. It is around 3 months between the US release and the UK release but many UK shops don't seem to stock them for several weeks after the official release date for some reason.

The UK version, therefore, should be released mid to late August. Hopefully.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.