The MuppetCast - Show #41 - Tribute to Richard Hunt

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Very true, heralde. It'll be a cold day in a certain very warm place when I look back on my middle school days with warm fuzzy feelings of nostalgia. It's the elementary school hijinks combined with the raging adolescent hormones - a lethal combination in many ways.

I was never a paper girl either; in fact, I never saw paper boys or girls except in books and movies - by the time I was a young kid in the early 1990s, middle school kids on bikes had been replaced with adults in nondescript vans.

Wait, take that back: I have been a paper girl - in addition to writing for and helping edit my university paper, I help deliver stacks of papers to the newsstands around campus every Wednesday.

But you notice something - newspapers seem to be a very common element in Richard's life; as a kid in middle school, he delivered the Bergen Record around town (and made friends with the dogs on his route), and as an adult, he was frequently spotted reading the International Herald Tribune or the New York Times.

Me too; "Hey, is that that [CENSORED] from Chicago?" just about killed me.

-Kim
Oh, yeah, I burst out laughing at that one. Richard, do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Although the one who's most in need of a bar of soap is Frank, due to the number of times he used a certain high-octane expletive in a recent interview. (My mom calls it the queen mother of dirty words - and I think we can all guess which one that is.)

Proof positive that, though the Muppet performers are all in touch with their inner children, they can all curse like adults.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Hey, that quote from Skeeter Muppet nearly killed me too.

Also Steve, are you going to cover the FANTASTIC news about TMS Season 3 on this week's show?

BJ

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And yet... Richard used that experience to his advantage. If you've seen The Bunny Picnic special, you'll see Richard's character being a bit of a bully himself. Though Lugsy had to swallow his pride and admit that Bean was right and brave and everything a leader should be in the end... But I digress.
Definitely I've always noticed that, he was very good at playing bullies and bad boys, who have to repent or learn a lesson by the end. It actually reminds me of an article I read recently about an acting program for children with Autism. The idea is that Drama can help Autistic kids learn how to read emotions better and develop social skills. The teacher was trying to decide how to divide up the roles. One boy complained that he was being bullied by some other students. The teacher had an idea, and asked the little boy if he'd like to play the bully in the play. And he ended up doing a great job! :wink: