The MuppetCast - Show #65 - But Mostly America

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
The Rockapella song this week I sent in was strangely appropriate, given the theme of the show.

BJ

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And we thank you for it. BTW: More Muppet connections...

Rockapella did the voices of and were billed as The Singing Clams for the song "Papa Ooh Mau Mau" on the Muppet Beach Party album.
Lynn Thigpen did voice the character Luna the Moon on Bear in the Big Blue House... But she also portrayed the role of the WASA (Worm Aeronautics and Space Administration) Training Officer during the first episodes of the Slimey to the Moon story arc in Season 28 of Sesame Street.

Hope this helps.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Oh, GOD! I forgot all about that story arc, one of the last great SS story arcs imho.

BJ

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
All right, I'll admit it, I'm a huge fan of the Muppets. And I sent Steve an email this week saying that they need to release everything on DVD eventually. Hey Steve, ya going to read that this week?

BJ

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Just one last quick thing. You mentioned that Waldorf and Astoria were named after the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York City, and Statler was named after the Statler Hotel. What should be added is that that hotel no longer exists, at least under that name as it was rechristened as the Hotel Pennsylvania (information courtesy of Muppet Wiki). As a side note, when I mentioned this to Ruahnna for her masterpiece fanfic Kermie's Girl since she had the additional fictional character of Statler's wife, she named her Penelope.

Take care Steve. :batty: