The Muppets 2011 DVD details

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Deleted scenes are nice, but I just want a dvd with a few good bonus features. I can understand those cheap 5 dollar dvds not having bonus features, but when a full price 20 something dollar dvd has nothing but a commentary and maybe a trailer or two (for other movies), we have a problem. Yeah, I like commentaries and I'm probably in the minority who does actually watch them, but still.

I was annoyed with the Megamind dvd. Oh, music videos for other dreamworks movies? Wonderful! Best special feature in the world :rolleyes:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Deleted scenes are nice, but I just want a dvd with a few good bonus features. I can understand those cheap 5 dollar dvds not having bonus features, but when a full price 20 something dollar dvd has nothing but a commentary and maybe a trailer or two (for other movies), we have a problem. Yeah, I like commentaries and I'm probably in the minority who does actually watch them, but still.
Auto commentary is GENEROUS compared to the crap I've seen. If a DVD has NO special features it shouldn't retail for more than 10 bucks. No excuses.

I was annoyed with the Megamind dvd. Oh, music videos for other dreamworks movies? Wonderful! Best special feature in the world :rolleyes:
Errr... Dreamworks films almost force you to buy the 2 DVD pack for a less than half an hour extra cartoon episode. I got the standard Megamind for Christmas, and I kinda wanted to get the Button of Doom 2 pack. Do they sell the single disks of the other disks separate somewhere online?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
No idea. I got Megamind for Christmas, too. If were up to me I would have gotten the two pack.

zoebell

Reaction score
i'd like it if they had an audio commentary with some of the muppets themselves. that'd be cool

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I like these bonus features, but we need deleted scenes too...especially with so many. Might have to wait for the super platinum diamond solid gold felt edition after its third time in the Disney vault.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
It would be cool to see a Muppet double pack. Another Muppet short film would be cool. Not just a cheesy, "why did I waste my money on this" film, but something worth the extra few bucks. ESPECIALLY if it had Walter in it! :smile:

Jasonzilla

Reaction score
I just got an email from Disney with this included at the bottom:

Clicking on the link takes you to the pre-order page which has this listed as the features and extras:

Bonus Features:
    • The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History - We Think)
    • NEW - Disney Intermission; A Disney/industry first!
    • Scratching The Surface: A Hasty Examination of the Making of The Muppets
    • Explaining Evil: The full Tex Richman song
    • A Little Screen Test on the Way to the Read Through
    • Deleted scenes
    • Spoof trailers
    • Audio commentary with Jason Segel, James Bobin, and Nicholas Stoller
    • Hidden Easter eggs

So there ya go! Straight from Disney. There WILL be deleted scenes!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
But are those on both the blu ray and dvd? or just the blu ray?