1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Muppets 2011 DVD details

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by muppetlover123, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Ok, thats good to know. I can live without the blooper real.
  2. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Tough Pigs got a little bit more info about the special features, specifically runtimes of most features.
    So we're getting 8 deleted scenes and two extended scenes - as well as some rough footage that we weren't really meant to see full-screen. Not perfect, but it's something at least.

And, no, I have no clue who JG is.
  3. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Yea JG? i thought it was jason at first
  4. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

i'm glad about the deleted scenes. i still wish there was more though. sounds like they could have had a lot more
  5. Walter

Walter Active Member

hmm..could JG be Jason's Muppet??

And It's cool to se the whole Punch Teacher video.. There was also suppossed to be a segment shown with it called "credit card club" and a girl saying "We're Plastic Tastic!!"
  6. muppetlover123

oh true it could be jasons muppet
  7. Borples

Borples Active Member

15 minutes of making-of! I find this hopeful. If only they'll focus on the part of The Muppets that is, you know, the muppets. Trying not to get my hopes up too much that we might see the performers in action. They've been so very invisible lately.
    FletchySRF3088 likes this.
  8. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Actually it was Victoria Jackson they called on the phone. I recall that the Monsters, Inc. commentary also included a phone call with somebody.

So glad we're getting deleted scenes. Wondered if we'd get the two music videos, guess we're not but at least we're getting an extended version of "Forget You" as an easter egg (I wonder if Camilla laid that easter egg).

When I first saw that the documentary was called "Scratching the Surface", I wondered if maybe that meant they'd talk about all the characters they had felt they needed to include (and maybe that will be part of it), or perhaps testing the Muppet fan knowledge of the writers and director (actually, if a feature like that was done, I'd like it to be hosted by either Steve Swanson, Ryan of The Muppet Mindset, or Ryan and Joe of Tough Pigs, but I'm sure it's too late).

So 8 deleted scenes, in addition to known extended scenes. I wonder how many deleted scenes we've seen parts of in the trailers.
  9. muppetlover123

i think all the cool bonus features are gonna be on the bluray look what i found on muppet wikia....
    [​IMG]
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  10. muppetlover123

11. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

12. muppetlover123

yea just kinda made me mad lol
  13. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

So just edit it! I'll do it if you'd like.
  14. muppetlover123

not i meant about the dvd thing lol
  15. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

The thing on Muppet Wiki was just wrongly editied.
    I added the other ones too, you can find the full listing of Bonus Features on the offical Disney Store.
  16. muppetlover123

well oh idk if it will be on the dvd or not for real or if its just on blu-ray
  17. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I'm kinda iffy on trusting the Disney Store site, 'cause they also list one special feature for the Season 1 and 2 DVD and none for season 3.
  18. muppetlover123

oh well its on amazon and bluray.com
  19. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Indeed.
  20. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Gee, if all the bonus features are all on the Blue-Ray and the DVD only has the Blooper reel I'm gonna have to buy the DVD & Blue-Ray combo pack and a Blue-Ray disc player.

But it would be nice if all the Blue-Ray bonus features were also included on the DVD release.
    Drtooth likes this.