The Muppets 2011 DVD details

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Ok, thats good to know. I can live without the blooper real.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Tough Pigs got a little bit more info about the special features, specifically runtimes of most features.
  • The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History – We Think)
  • NEW – Disney Intermission; A Disney/industry first!
  • 15:14 – Scratching The Surface: A Hasty Examination of the Making of The Muppets
  • 2:29 – Explaining Evil: The full Tex Richman song
  • 3:08 – A Little Screen Test on the Way to the Read Through
  • 9:45 – Deleted scenes (8 new scenes)
  • Spoof trailers
  • 1:13 Miss Poogy: The Oinkerview
  • Audio commentary with Jason Segel, James Bobin, and Nicholas Stoller
  • 1:20 Extended “Forget You” video (Easter egg)
  • 0:57 Extended “Punch Teacher” video (Easter egg)
  • 2:10 JG & Muppet James Bobin on the set (Easter egg)
  • 0:42 JG Talks About Permits (Easter egg)
So we're getting 8 deleted scenes and two extended scenes - as well as some rough footage that we weren't really meant to see full-screen. Not perfect, but it's something at least.

And, no, I have no clue who JG is.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Tough Pigs got a little bit more info about the special features, specifically runtimes of most features.

So we're getting 8 deleted scenes and two extended scenes - as well as some rough footage that we weren't really meant to see full-screen. Not perfect, but it's something at least.

And, no, I have no clue who JG is.
Yea JG? i thought it was jason at first

zoebell

Reaction score
i'm glad about the deleted scenes. i still wish there was more though. sounds like they could have had a lot more

Walter

Reaction score
hmm..could JG be Jason's Muppet??

And It's cool to se the whole Punch Teacher video.. There was also suppossed to be a segment shown with it called "credit card club" and a girl saying "We're Plastic Tastic!!"

Borples

Reaction score
15 minutes of making-of! I find this hopeful. If only they'll focus on the part of The Muppets that is, you know, the muppets. Trying not to get my hopes up too much that we might see the performers in action. They've been so very invisible lately.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Sometimes it's about availability. I LOVE how on the UHF commentary Weird Al actually calls someone (I wanna say Michael Richards) and he does the commentary from a phone.
Actually it was Victoria Jackson they called on the phone. I recall that the Monsters, Inc. commentary also included a phone call with somebody.

So glad we're getting deleted scenes. Wondered if we'd get the two music videos, guess we're not but at least we're getting an extended version of "Forget You" as an easter egg (I wonder if Camilla laid that easter egg).

When I first saw that the documentary was called "Scratching the Surface", I wondered if maybe that meant they'd talk about all the characters they had felt they needed to include (and maybe that will be part of it), or perhaps testing the Muppet fan knowledge of the writers and director (actually, if a feature like that was done, I'd like it to be hosted by either Steve Swanson, Ryan of The Muppet Mindset, or Ryan and Joe of Tough Pigs, but I'm sure it's too late).

So 8 deleted scenes, in addition to known extended scenes. I wonder how many deleted scenes we've seen parts of in the trailers.