1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Muppets 2011 DVD details

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by muppetlover123, Jan 17, 2012.

1. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

I am such a huge Muppet fan, I don't mind spending the extra money to buy the DVD & Blue-Ray combo pack. I just wanna see all the bonus material when it comes out.

What machines and disc players will Blue-Rays play on besides Blue-Ray players?
  2. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Find someone with a ps3 or a computer that can play blu rays if you dont have access to a blu ray player. They are your only other options
    ploobis likes this.
  3. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Thank you for your help. :)
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I don't either, and I'd buy it just in case. Just... I don't have one and don't know anyone who does. So I'd basically be stuck with a disk I can't watch that happens to have features I can't enjoy.

Schrodinger's DVD.
  5. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

BobThePizzaBoy likes this.
  6. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Yeah, Pixar has done the same thing for all their movies since Monsters Inc. except strangely Finding Nemo and Toy Story 3 (probably because there were already Toy Story 3 shorts in the pipeline). I would be all for a Muppet bonus short.
  7. muppetlover123

yea exactly would be so cool
  8. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

No I think these extra are great and there just enough to make us wanting more!
  9. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

It's official, the dvd will have nothing but a quick blooper thing.

Yeah screw you disney, Im going to download a rip of the blu ray and convert it to dvd.
    Yeah, real scared of SOPA and the MPAA, lol. Sorry, I can't support Disney's baloney.
    Already been screwed too many times.

And this is coming from someone who has endlessly supported and spent a lot of money on all things Muppet and Jim Henson for three decades
  10. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Yep. I have a really good 2004 tv(one of the last of the truflat/yet still old school) that works wonderfully for me. Dont have money for a blu ray or to rebuy all my films in blu ray. I hate the tacky bright blue plastic, I hate how they shoved blu rays down people's throats.
  11. muppetlover123

I would have loved to have them do like it could be for the dvd a special like 30 minute mini muppets movie and show the actul wedding of kermit and piggy and gary and mary
  12. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

i plan on buying my copy from walmart, the gf will keep 2 finger puppets and ill keep 2, more than likely ill keep kermit & gonzo! Her and I need a bigger appartment! geeez lol :)
  13. muppetlover123

im gonna buy that one too
  14. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

What the heck, Disney? Seriously, what with this blu-ray crap they're pulling on us. I don't have a blu-ray and don't plan on buying one just to see bonus features! And the prices for these combo packs are ridiculous! I don't really have $50 dollars to spend for the blu ray combo pack and I don't have $50 to spend on a blu-ray player. I'm sorry, but I almost feel like going and writing an angry letter to Disney!
    heralde and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  15. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

i will say i will not be buying mine from Amazon...may go through Disney Store or Walmart depending the pre order item i want....the price on Amazon is way to high even for "free" shipping it comes out to almost 50 bucks and all you get is the soundtrack download...not worth it
    BobThePizzaBoy likes this.
  16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

WOW! You mean other people agree with me, feel this is a cheap move, and are angry about it?

I say we do write to Disney about this. Having everything Blu-Ray exclusive just isn't fan friendly. Blu-Ray's great if you have a Blu-Ray player, but it shouldn't be the only place to put bonus features. Bonus features are what make DVD's.
    Bannanasketch likes this.
  17. muppetlover123

18. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

I think that was happening during the song, not a deleted scene.
  19. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

They were probably there so the editors could cut to them if they chose to.
  20. muppetlover123

well maybe it was like cut from the movie or something i dont understand why they would have like 40 muppets outside for no reason cuz it didnt show all them in one scene they were in groups