The Muppets At Sea - (Unfinished)

We Got Us

Reaction score
This was where it got...uhm, not good, as far as writing goes. I hated writing the cannibals because my interpretation of them was just plain goofy, so I wrote all Jefe's parts really fast, etc. etc. The result is some dis-jointed pathetic attempts at plot development...but because I know Figgie cares here is chapter 4 part 1:

CHAPTER FOUR
The island was beautiful. Everyone realized this as they were taken ashore the next morning, amidst crowds of cheering villagers. Lush tropical trees and flowers overhanging clear pools of blue seawater, and brightly colored vines growing to devour ancient statues. The jungle around them was thick, mysterious and utterly gorgeous. Far off in the distance, Kermit could just barely make out what looked to be a huge temple. Now this is a vacation!” Said Fozzie enthusiastically, and the others were quick to agree. They were lead into he middle of a small village, which appeared to be on the outskirts of another bay. Here, the islanders managed to make them understand to wait, until Jefe could see them. This didn't take long, and they were admitted into a large hut at the head of the village. In which was seated the Jefe himself, with two armed guards. The guards left as the group entered, and seated themselves (without being invited, despite Kermit's severe warnings about “Politeness, or unemployment”). The Jefe didn't seem to mind though, he addressed Kermit specifically. You frog boss?” Kermit made a face, and looked back at the others, there were some ominous snickers and coughs.Well, uh...yes. I guess”Very Good. The prophesy has spoken about green frog boss and friends. You were brought here by the great storm to save this village from the curse that has been plaguing us for nearly five full moons.”What curse is that?” Asked Beauregard nonchalantly. Jefe stared at him with interest,Is he required to speak on your behalf?”No”Nope”Absolutely not!”No way!'Not a chance.” Came the string of replies, Jefe nodded his head understandingly, Then I will ignore him if he speaks again, but for now I will answer his question, for it is one of wisdom.” He cleared his throat, and began. It came, as has been said, nearly five moons ago, a huge fish- with a mouth of razor sharp teeth and eyes that glowed yellow like gems. It drove an entire village away from their homes in one night. At first we thought it could be a new animal-but it does not die when we throw our spears at it.”You kill animals with spears?!!” Fozzie suddenly interrupted, the Jefe gave him a strange look.Oh, uh...sorry. Continue.” The tribal chief looked to sky as if for help, before going on.We were almost willing to let this creature live, unharmed, in the remains of our old village... but then it stole one of our own.”One of your own?”Yes. A small boy- only ten summers, given the sacred name of “Malino”, Was playing near the runes of the temple, far from the safety of our village. He was taken. Stolen, by the fish monster.” There was silence, as everyone exchanged glances. Kermit finally spoke to Jefe,And uh, you think we can help?”The prophesy has spoken of it.”Can we see the prophesy?”It is located in the temple, and the temple cannot be reached. The fish has taken It to live in. Our sacred temple!” Kermit was silent again, which meant everyone else had better be. Finally he looked back at the Jefe,Alright, I don't know what we can do, but...we'll try, uhm, I'll try, at least to find the little boy.” Jefe grinned and shook Kermit's hand,Good for you friend, and all of you are welcome to the best my village can offer for as long as you need. I have told my people of your arrival, and they are already preparing a feast to celebrate.”

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
OOOH!!!! Awsome freaking sauce! I can't wait, but don't worry about being goofy, it spices things up!:wink: Hmmm I think i'll put your name as Lonnie in the story.:smile:

We Got Us

Reaction score
Chapter four, part two: of three. Sorry it's taking so long, this is the last chapter i worked on back in the day. And yeess...I obviously knew I was losing my touch with the constant writer's notes here and there saying how hard it was to keep the plot moving. Bu anyway, here she is:

As Kermit was shown to his sleeping hut, he was able to take stock of his surroundings, and as he did this (don't kill the authoress, she's trying here) he realized just how many people were crammed into the limited clearing. They must be from the village that was evacuated. Thought Kermit, I wonder what a fish monster would want with a village?
The huts were simple construction of sticks, with sticks for the roof, and for the blinds, and for the table, and, too everyone's dismay, for the beds. But no one complained, not even Nigel, which was odd. The reason being that the sheer beauty of the island, as they were shown around by it's occupants, was so dazzling even he had too admit that they were lucky to be there. Doc, Sprocket, and the other members of the crew were nowhere to be seen. Jefe had assigned the chief boat builders in the community to helping them finish the repairs, and they had gotten started right away. After the group had been shown every inch of the inhabited jungle, the people began to slowly disperse. Most, Kermit noted, went to help with the preparations for the feast. When they had finally all gone, Kermit held an emergency meeting in his hut.
Now.” Kermit started, in a loud voice, trying to drown out the clamor of voices around him. “You all, with the possible exception of Beauregard, heard what the Jefe had to say about us being here, uh, right?” There were various answers of agreement, and Beauregard scratched his head.And you all, with the definite exception of Beauregard, understand what that means?”
No. What?” Spoke up Floyd before anyone else could get a word in.
It means we will be spending our vacation on this side of the island.” This statement was met with the usual greeting to a change of plans;
Oh, man. Sorry I asked.” Groaned Floyd.
What?! With all the cannibals?” Asked a shocked Miss Piggy.
Miss Piggy, there not...” Started calm, collected Kermit,
Like, fer how long?” Whined Janice.
I dunno, just until we...” Began brave, leader Kermit,
Will we still be able to water ski?” Asked Gonzo,
Maybe Gonzo, it depends...” Tried not-quite-so-patient-anymore Kermit.
Hey Kermit, can I have a raise?” Threw in Scooter,
A raise?! Scooter, what are you talking about!?” Yelled a clearly frazzled Kermit.
But Kermit, I can't sleep in those huts, my chiropractor said...” Moaned Fozzie,
Fozzie your a bear! Bears sleep in caves!” Shouted tired-of-questions Kermit.
They don't sell bubble gum on this side...”
ALLRIGHT! THAT'S ENOUGH!!” Kermit managed to silence them, “I know we all had planned for this vacation, but plans have changed. If it weren't for this prophesy thing, we would be shipwrecked without any help.” There was silence as the others all thought it through. Rowlf was the first to speak.
Well I think Kermit's right, After all...Scooter, what did you say the natives did to strangers on this side of the island?”
Uh, gee I dunno. Chased 'em off probably." And here we are in their finest huts, about to be treated to a feast. That's not what I call hostility to strangers, the least we could do is help them out.”
Yes, but please don't forget their only helping us on the condition we capture Godzilla, or whatever chased them out of that other village.” Put in Miss Piggy.
Fer sure, and anyway how do you know they'll be so nice to us once we've found caught the fish?” Asked Janice skeptically.
Why wouldn't they? After all they don't even know if we'll help yet, and were gettin' first class room and board. Disagreed Floyd.
Look, that's enough already. I told Jefe I would help find the little boy and I plan to, and anyone who wants to help is welcome to stay. If anyone still wants to leave, I'll have Doc take you to the other side of the island.” Kermit finished, and looked triumphantly at the downcast faces. Fozzie was the first to volunteer.
I'll stay Kermit, but my chiropractor won't be very happy.
Yeah, and I'm with you too Kermit.” Said Rowlf.
And me too boss.” Put in Scooter.
And me, but you owe me a water-skiing trip, you promised.” Piped up Gonzo.
Me three!” Spoke up Beauregard.
I'll stay, and anyway it's like 'Me five' by now Beauregard.” Said Nigel.
Hey man, the band's with you. Nothin' like a good Scooby-doo story- right gang?” Dr. Teeth broke the solemnness.
SCOOBY DOO! SCOOBY DOO!” Agreed Animal.
Oh please Doctor Teeth, let's NOT turn this into a Scooby doo. It was just starting to get serious.” Reproached Kermit.
Which means it's time for something to explode.” Said Miss Piggy with a groan.
Or a party!” Put in Gonzo, with excellent timing (there's a lot of that, the writer is struggling) for at that moment Jefe and several other of the islanders dressed in festive clothing arrived, and they left for the feast.

blackaerin

Reaction score
I think what I like most in this fic is how our beloved muppets keep prodding the fourth wall. Very in character and you managed to use silly cameos and author notes to your advantage, creating a believable muppety universe.
The fic is lacking a bit in "meat" but the humorous flavor is what keeps me coming back. (great I've made myself hungry, sheesh)
Do watch for where you place your quotation marks though, they seem to be misplaced in certain pieces of dialogue.
Oh and might I add that I adore you for adding Nigel? Despite his obscurity, I find him adorable, and your character interpretation of him made me smile.

We Got Us

Reaction score
I think what I like most in this fic is how our beloved muppets keep prodding the fourth wall. Very in character and you managed to use silly cameos and author notes to your advantage, creating a believable muppety universe.
The fic is lacking a bit in "meat" but the humorous flavor is what keeps me coming back. (great I've made myself hungry, sheesh)
Do watch for where you place your quotation marks though, they seem to be misplaced in certain pieces of dialogue.
Oh and might I add that I adore you for adding Nigel? Despite his obscurity, I find him adorable, and your character interpretation of him made me smile.
Yes, as the beginning says, I wrote this several years ago, and was unable to finish it due to an insubstantial plot. As far as the quotation marks: Yeah, I believe you. Editing is not my strong point. At. All. And you noticed Nigel! Hooray!!! Isn't he cute? I'm still wondering whether he is the brains behind Walter's act in the Muppets. Bottom line: thanks for reading!! I put this up for feedback so...I really appreciate...feedback! :wink::big_grin: