The Muppets "Jump The Shark"

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Sesame Street jumped when Elmo took over the show

MrsPepper

Reaction score
That's a really cool site! I was looking at other shows too.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I'm just sort of thinking, trying to figure out how the muppets could jump the shark.

Let's see, it would be physically impossible for them all to jump at once. So Gonzo would try to push them all into his cannon. But then some one would point out that if they were all in the cannon, no one could light the fuse. So Crazy Harry would stay behind to light the fuse, because... well, he's Crazy Harry. So it then it would be time for everybody to get into the cannon, but of course, Miss Piggy wouldn't fit, she would get stuck, and the usual chaos would ensue.

At about this point, we would see Statler and Waldorf sitting off to the side, and they would say that of course the muppets were having trouble jumping the shark- they were already as bad as it gets.

So they would eventually get Miss Piggy un-stuck from the cannon, and everybody would get out and try to come up with a plan b. They would end up taking Fozzie's suggestion- ask the shark for advice on how to jump it. And why not, they don't have anything to lose.

So it turns out that the shark is a female singing shark who has always wanted to make her big break in television. She would then, of course, start singing to prove her talent (or rather lack thereof), and start flirting with Kermit to try to get on the muppet show. And as Kermit starts to explain that the muppet show wasn't on the air anymore, the shark makes one last attempt to win Kermit's favor by kissing him on the cheek.

This, of course, is the biggest mistake the shark could possibly make, seeing as Miss Piggy is right next to her. The shark is, of course, very powerfully karate-chopped. So powerfully, in fact, that- well- the shark jumps the muppets!

It ends with a bang as Crazy Harry finds some dynamite lying around.....

Hm, need a way to get the Electric Mayhem into it. Well, Animal would of course shout "JUMP SHARK! JUMP SHARK!" at some point. And while Miss Piggy is stuck in the cannon, everybody gets a chance to take a jab at her about her weight WITHOUT getting karate-chopped. :mad: . Let's see, we need some penguins, of course. :zany: Maybe they'll all be trying to show the muppets how easy it is to jump the shark.

You know, I just might be putting too much thought into this. Meh, it's possible. Or I could just be doing an excellent job of procrastinating my homework to after dinner. Which has just been announced. So I will leave you with this sampling of my insanity.

BEAR

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
And the following all got one vote: Same Character/Different Actor (Susan), Singing (The Count), I grew up, Same Actor/Different Character (Olivia), Bert is Evil, The Seventh Seal, Birth (Miles), U.S. Cultural Imperialism, The color of Oscar's fur changes, Singing (Cookie raps), Not That There's Anything Wrong With It (Ernie and Bert), They got rid of the Children's Television Workshop at the end, The 90's, They started ignoring Canada, They sell out, It tried to be bilingual, They got rid of the vintage stuff, Special Guest Star (Robin Williams), Need more Ernie, Oscar goes soft, Special Guest Star (Goo Goo Dolls), The twiddlebugs disappear, Kermit hosts The Muppet Show, Rosita, It got too PC, Monster Clubhouse, The 2002 Season, No storms after the Count counts, The twiddlebugs disappear

QUOTE]

Since when was Susan played by a different actor?????????????????????????????????????
And when did Alaina Reed play any other character on the Street other than Olivia?????????????????????????????????????

Ziffel

Reaction score
Searching down for the specific comments on jumptheshark.com I see one person says, "In 1985, Alaina Reed, who played Olivia, left to play Rose on 227." So that would be a different character but because she went to another show, which is hardly the same thing as if SS switched Olivia's character to someone else on the show. So to be accurate the person shoould have said SS jumped the shark when Alaina Reed LEFT the show.

And for the one on Susan the person commented, "They switched the actress who played Susan, Gordon's wife. And then they switched back! I think they switched Gordon's too." I never heard of this happening and all the listings of SS cast members I've ever seen never list a different actress for Susan at any time. But seeing as how this person then went on to say, "I THINK they switched Gordon's too" (something that is very common knowledge. Not only 2 but 3 different Gordons) this person was probably just misinformed.

Makes you wonder if jumptheshark permits anyone to say anything even if it is a certainty that the statement is false. For instance, if a person said SS jumped the shark when they changed Bert's yellow color to green, that would obviously be false information. But they probably allow it to be submitted since it is still technically that person's opinion for why the show jumped, howver absurd or incorrect it may be.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Oh, Lisa...

Send in some script to Brian, because you really understand the Muppets. I'll be doing the same sometime soon.