The Muppets "Jump The Shark"

ceecee

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Makes you wonder if jumptheshark permits anyone to say anything even if it is a certainty that the statement is false. For instance, if a person said SS jumped the shark when they changed Bert's yellow color to green, that would obviously be false information. But they probably allow it to be submitted since it is still technically that person's opinion for why the show jumped, howver absurd or incorrect it may be.
Yeah, they're not real sticklers for accuracy over at jumptheshark.com.

I've noticed that on a lot of shows listed there. People just post their opinions, however misguided they may be. And whoever runs the site doesn't seem to care.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I like the Jump The Shark website, and I read it alot.

In one of the comments for The Muppet Show, it says that the muppet show jumped the shark when "they added that conductor guy to the band". I am assuming that they were talking about Nigel, although he was always conducting the orchestra. or maybe they were talking about Lips and got "trumpet player' mixed up with "conductor".

Gonzo14

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
Wow, this is really interesting! I can't believe Elmo got so many votes, but yet I also can believe it. I think it's interesting that the death of Jim Henson and the death of Mr. Hooper got votes when they were circumstances beyond the producers control. It's not like the producers said "hey let's kill off Mr. Hooper" so I'm not sure if that qualifys for truly jumping the shark, but oh well. It's still a really interesting list to say the least! Thanks for digging that up Vic Romano!
They aren't always saying it's the producer's fault, they're just saying that after they died, the show started to go downhill, kinda like when Coach on Cheers died

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
The blatent falsities in the responses of posters on JumptheShark calls the entire site's validity into question. If the people are judging these programs without any real knowledge of the shows themselves, how can there possibly be any credibility?

EleganceLiberty

Reaction score
Well with JtS, I often find I agree with the *majority* of reasons as to how a show's jumped the shark.

I don't read the responses though. That would be an insult to my intelligence.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
it also seems that people are saying shows are horrible, and they're only referencing one episode to back them up, every show will have at least a couple not so great episodes, so I think people should wait to post until they know what they're talking about