1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The Muppets on SNL Dec. 18!

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by scooter289, Dec 18, 2004.

1. scooter289

scooter289 Member

Hey everyone, Kermit the Frog was just on Saturday Night Live singing Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas with Robert DeNiro! It was cool seeing him on there singing with DeNiro! :)

2. Kermit on SNL

Here I was, sitting at home, bored but not tired enough to go to bed. Flipping through the channels i saw SNL was on. And here was Kermit singing a duet with Robert DeNero, who was hosting the show.

It was cute and because I don't get to see kermit on TV lately (unless it's a movie I've already seen a 1000 times ;) ) I was thriled.

3. Don'tLiveonMoon

Don'tLiveonMoon New Member

Just saw that!! :) That made up for the rather tasteless fake Kermit singing with Justin Timberlake last year. I thought his duet with De Niro was sweet.
    Erin

4. Randlev

Randlev New Member

That was such a surprise!

Disney letting Kermit appear on SNL. I'm amazed. Anyway, Steve was wonderful as always, and it was a great christmas moment. Unfortunately I missed the beginning, so I didn't understand the set up to the song, but De Niro and Kermit were very good together.

5. Don'tLiveonMoon

Don'tLiveonMoon New Member

Don't be sorry. The opening segment was abysmal. :rolleyes: Just my opinion...
    Erin

6. guysmiley4ever

guysmiley4ever New Member

D'oh! I missed that. :(
    I've haven't watched SNL for so long,
    sheesh, they finally have something good on...
    Oh well, I'm sure that they'll rerun it.

:)

7. scooter289

scooter289 Member

Now Kermit, Animal, Gonzo and Fozzie are singing the Christmas Song with Horation Sanz! Sweet! They even had the Muppeteers with their Muppets during the good nights!

8. yaytime

yaytime New Member

Oh man I always loved it it Horatio and co sang the christmas song and was sad because I thought they wouldn't do it this year.

This was the best suprise!!

Was Frank Oz there?

9. raysgal

raysgal New Member

I was pleasantly surprised to see this myself. DeNiro isn't that great of a singer, but it was a nice gesture.

Poor Horatio...all of the people he's been singing with have left the show, but for Kermit, Fozzy, Animal and Gonzo to help him out was awesome. That was definitely cute.

10. yaytime

yaytime New Member

Woah, I totally missed that part!

I did see the muppets sing with Horatio but I didn't realize they were on earlier in the show. I must have been flipping through comercials :(

11. AruggeRadio

AruggeRadio Member

Well if you watched the Curtain Call you could see the performers. STEVE GOT A HAIRCUT. :) Its still long but shoulder lengthen. But i didn't recognize who was playing Animal, but it sounded like the New Fozzie voice. I just wish i had Tivo so i could watch that over again. Wait until the repeat i guess.

12. Dani

Dani New Member

I love tape delays i was reading the post thinking i missed it then realized snl was still on here. i tuned in just in time to see it. and i think Steve looked good but i always have.

13. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

I caught the very tail end of it.I haven't watched SNL much since Dana Carvey left but tonight when I saw The Muppets, I had to see it! :D

14. jeffkjoe

jeffkjoe New Member

It is true - at curtain call you could clearly see:

Steve Whitmire playing Kermit, Bill Baretta playing Animal (with a keyboard attached to him), a brief millisecond of glasses-wearing Eric Jacobsen as Fozzie (you saw his right hand man on camera better) - but you couldn't see Dave Goelz play Gonzo - although we saw Fred Armisen eagerly shaking Gonzo's Muppet hand.

Is it me or is Steve losing Kermit's voice?

15. Beth C

Beth C Active Member

***AWWWW MAN***

I don't have cable!

Did anyone with Tivo get it so it can be posted as a clip online to be watched?????

I would love to see it!

~Beth C

16. MrTheFrog

MrTheFrog Member

That was actually David Rudman doing Animal.
    -Artie

17. Fuller House

Fuller House Active Member

Who was doing Kermit?

18. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

I missed the appearance, but if anyone would be willing to send WAV or 320 kbps MP3's of the Muppet segments, I'd like to add them to Muppet Central Radio for our Christmas music rollout that begins tomorrow. Please send me an e-mail if you are able to help. I'm happy to help you in return with any Muppet music you are seeking. Just let me know what you need.

19. PLEASE tell me someone taped this? I keep missing these great muppets appearances! Looks like Disney is not only using the muppets, but using them a lot! I mean, when was the last time anyone but Kermit and Piggy went on a TV show?

20. umm..... just wondering here....... why was the thread i started on this moved? :confused: