1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

"The Muppets" Second Official Movie Trailer

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Oct 13, 2011.

1. TheRockAFirefan

TheRockAFirefan New Member

No one probably noticed this Yet but When they showed the shot at :38 seconds, If you look at the large shot Of The El Capitan Theater, they digitally altered it to Say Muppet, cant see if it say's theater under it!

2. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Just like us. :) :D

3. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i read the junior novel ruined about most the movie for me if u want to know anything ask

4. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

and with that i think im going to take my leave from this thread...possibly the forum at least untill the movie comes out or i see some piece of merch to share

5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Fanboy from Freakazoid.

Link has NEVER had a line in a movie. Not even when Jim was performing him. Unless he said something during the uncut, or rather unobscured by the music credits sequence of the first movie. His biggest role in a film was the Gong banger in MTI. That's how little you see of him in film.

Link having a line at all in a film, even just a "Hello" is revolutionary.

You can totally tell he's one of my favorites, right?

Nasubionna likes this.
  6. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Well-Known Member

I think the joke there is that they "Travel By Map," which just magically gets them there Indiana-Jones-style, but they're still in a car, which means they had to drive under the ocean, which means they had to have the windows up the whole time. Hence, gasping for fresh air upon reemergence.

newsmanfan and Duke Remington like this.
  7. Scooterfan5

Scooterfan5 Active Member

Best trailer yet! I loved how they talked about Walter.

Duke Remington likes this.
  8. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

A thread on the TP Forums has made me decide to avoid reading anything more about this until Nov. 23. Even if there's clips, I'll force myself to avoid them. It's gonna be REAL hard.

9. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

After seeing this trailer, there's not much left for me to add except this:

"The Muppets" is going to be Muppetational!

Duke Remington likes this.
  10. Walter

Walter Active Member

Cool, I figured they were going to do that.. after all, there was also a giant identity disk from TRON Legacy on top of the marque during filming.. so i figured something would have to be altered X)

11. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

They showed a scene with The Swedish Chef trying to cook him in the kitchen set. I assume that clip would be in the movie.

12. 12Medbe

12Medbe Active Member

The turkey reminds me of the Turkey from MFC

13. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Watching this, it looks like the Moopets end up replacing Fozzie with a Fozzie look-alike. We never see them at the same time, but it's clear they're both there in the same room in the same scene. I was confused by the ear's deep-voiced "wocka wocka" line. Though I forgot about seeing a behind-the-scenes photo with both Fozzie and (I guess) Foozie.

14. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

OH! That one guy from Seinfeld! I know what you're talking about now!

15. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Just prior to this trailer i was thinking, "i REALLY am getting tired of any more spoilers - they've given away too much by now and i really don't care to see any new clips in further ads or trailers"

But this new trailer is so good i can forgive it...but please LET THIS BE IT until the movie...the only remaining "spoiler" i want to see is the one or two short clips they show when they do the talk show rounds.

16. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

perhaps but im not so sure could just be clever editing they do it all the time for trailers...sometimes even splicing lines together

17. jcnegron

jcnegron Member

You know those trailers that show the best bits of a movie, and nothing interesting is left. Then when you go to see the actual movie, you come out thinking that you could have avoided it entirely and just watch the trailer. I hope this is not the case.

18. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

My only issue is how unrealistic/fantasy based this is. I know, it's the Muppets. But think about the first three films and Follow that bird. Nothing too major happens that is out of reality. But driving the bottom of the ocean to get to France? The whole Gary/Walter and Amy coming from some 50's pleasantville twilight zone small town...so much of this movie has a very UN-classic vibe to it and doesnt seem rooted in any sort of reality.

In Muppets Take Manhattan, they were in NYC. There was nothing fantastical about it. The GENIUS about TMM, is it's a very low key, realist sort of film. Kermit's literally in a swamp, Kermit and Fozzie are literally driving through the middle of nowhere. The only fantastical scene that happens is Animal becomes a giant. But by then, it almost kind of works.

Maybe it's because those were filmed in the late 70s and early 80s, theres a real feel to them. I'm not saying this film should have been shot like a drama. But I have to say, Letters to Santa had a much better cinematography palette and feel, even though that goes way into fantastical suspension of disbelief toward the end.

Anyone else get what I'm saying? Again tho, seeing ALL these Muppets NO ONE ever thought we'd see again in such vibrant hd blu ray quality IS amazing.

19. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Sorry Beaker, but I find your lack of faith in the film, and your negative comments on it, disturbing. :scary:

I wish people would just stop looking for excuses to rip this film apart, especially since its not even in the theaters yet! :rolleyes:

20. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Simply commenting on the tone of the two trailers. It doesn't look at all like a classic Muppet film, which isn't bad. Super 8 tried to ape the old Spielberg feel and to me failed in the overall execution.