1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

"The Muppets" Second Official Movie Trailer

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Never Say Croak

Never Say Croak New Member

I thought the first trailer was really bad. This trailer is wonderful and has restored my hope that this will be a great movie - now I can't wait to see it! I hope the music is outstanding - that was one of the reasons the first Muppet Movie is a true classic.

2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I don't think they're trying to go for the more extreme realism of MTM so much as they're going for the "this is a movie... this is clearly a movie" feel of GMC. TMM had moments that seemed realistic, but then it had that odd Bullwinkle-ish stuff about the "fork in the road" and the giant creme pie billboards. To me, the "travel by map" segment seems to scream that. It's mocking an overused trope (showing a montage with a map connecting dots from points) for one thing.

Personally, I don't care if it has that old Muppet feel or not... I care as long as they don't do another theme movie. GAH!

Oscarfan and Duke Remington like this.
  3. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

yea im so excited i dont care if its bad which its not gonna be its about seeing all the characters we LOVE on the BIG SCREEN!

Duke Remington likes this.
  4. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Ha, ok yeah youre right TMM had some bizarre moments. But then you have the realism of even the church scenes. TMTM was definitely more rooted in muted reality, which I like. Man even in the 90's I HATED the classic retelling stuff.

5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The 90's retelling stuff ONLY worked because they were well written. I like MCC, but it lacks that Muppet feel. MTI fared much better.... only reason I liked MFS better than those (at least on a certain level) was that they had the Muppets playing themselves more or less.

This movie's as classic as the Muppets NOT retelling a classic story can get for me.

And Scooter's in it.

6. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

Gotta say... I'm pretty impressed. The only complaint I have is that I really don't have any complaints. :p

7. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

---------------------
    *wiggling fingers evilly* screenshots! Eye candy!

LOVE IT!!!

--------------------

8. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

You said it right there, buddy! :)

9. MuppetGuy75

MuppetGuy75 Active Member

I'm so excited! Can't wait! What a great B-day gift (a few days early)! LOL

10. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I plan to see it after it's in the movie theatres ASAP!

11. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Well-Known Member

When Walter "attacks" the TV screen, is that an old clip from The Muppet Show?

12. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Nope.

13. I like this trailer MUCH more than the first one. This one has bits and pieces that piqued my interest.

14. muppetlover123

it is a new one of the muppet show its in his dream

15. TSSD

TSSD Active Member

Spoiler alert would have been nice.

Beauregard likes this.
  16. muppetlover123

17. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I do agree with you about the realism...kinda. Except that the Muppets have always had a certain kind of quirky, unrealistic edge to them in that most of their acts would never fit on a theater stage! They've occasionally done sight-gags like the map one, and its good for a laugh. "Oh they're travelling by map...wait, huh, they actually just drove under the sea? *amused*" (Kinda like the 80s Montage :p)

18. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I agree, ML, do just be careful with spoilers. some of us are tiptoeing around the spoiler vs. non-spoiler edges of the forum/news and stuff like that can be a little annoying. :)

19. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Ok, Ok...trailer 2 may have got my 16 year old step son turned around! He's just said "that look o'right" which in teenage speak is a positive thing! ! He also said his mates are already going to see it when it comes out (IN FEBRUARY!!! :( ), so thats one more person who may be convinced! I'm not having a great deal of luck with my work colleagues, but I ain't done yet!

newsmanfan and Duke Remington like this.
  20. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

a nice trailer there liked it a lot the ninja turtles line was very funny and good to see pepe will have screen time as will the newsman and the beautiful day monster february here i come :)