1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The Muppets SPOILER Thread

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Muppy, Sep 9, 2015.

1. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

A lot of times, if two back-to-back episodes premiere at once (especially if they are two-parters), they're presented as a full-hour, with the opening and closing credits only shown once, and then in reruns they are normally split into two (though Family Guy has had hour-long episodes that always air as a full hour on Adult Swim, though they probably split the half-hours in syndication). I wonder if DVD releases normally present such episodes. But I think the two halves are normally produced separately (I've seen that confirmed for Garfield and Friends, which was broadcast as an hour-long show for most of its original run on CBS, excluding the first and last seasons). And often when two episodes are presented as an hour, the opening credits (at least for the original broadcast) note separate writers/directors for "part 1" and "part 2".

But in recent years there have been times when two new episodes of a show aired back-to-back without the whole hour being presented as one. I recall How I Met Your Mother did that once, can't remember which two episodes they were.

2. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Does any one know when the show comes back to sky one

3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Let's not forget, a lot of us fans aren't part of the Nielsen ratings and as such don't count. The movies were far more democratic, as we all had to pay to see them. We counted towards ticket sales, even if our numbers weren't spectacular. Ratings are always at the mercy of selected audiences counting for the majority of viewers.

4. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Ya, that's always annnoying, shows that are good get cancelled while crap like The Big Bang Theory keeps going on even though it gets mountains of hate, I wish we could get past this outdated system and track more than just live viewing numbers.

5. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

What a finale! I actually am speechless because I can't believe what just happened.

I'm going to be outright and say what happens so SPOILERS AHEAD (I don't know why I'm saying that, because it is a spoiler thread, but don't be sad if you read something you don't want to know ...)

The episode ends with Kermit and Piggy on a flight to Thailand. Kermit and Piggy both know that they love each other, but Piggy isn't sure that Kermit is 100% on board with their relationship. She leaves "Up Late with Miss. Piggy" angry and just wanted to get away from Kermit again. But Kermit shows up on the plane to convince her to come back with him, and to start dating again. Before Piggy can say how she feels about Kermit, she falls asleep, and the plane takes off (Pepe is also aboard the plane ...).

I actually have no words. The final two episodes are amazing (some of the best in the series), but the finale ends in a cliff hanger. If there is no season 2, then we will have no clue what happens with Piggy, Kermit and Pepe in Thailand! But kudos to whoever decided on the cliff hanger, because it will hopefully get people talking again, and will maybe get us closer to a second season.

SPOILERS ENDS HERE

Some notes ... Pizza/Pache has his final moments in "Generally Inhospitable" which is great for me because I can't stand his character. Yolanda, Pepe and Rizzo are major parts of both episodes, same with Rowlf to an extent. Also, in "Because ... Love" we get to see MANY characters who we haven't seen in a long time, like Howard Tubman (one of my favorites from Muppets Tonight) and Dead Tom. I hope this means that in season 2, there will be many more appearances from Obscure characters like them (fingers crossed for Johnny Fiama!). The Vet's Hospital sketch in GI was short, but sweet. I enjoyed that Uncle Deadly did the "the continuing story of a quack, who's gone to the dogs!" line. It was a nice nod to Jerry Nelson, who was Deadly's original performer and the narrator of that sketch.

I had no issues with either episode, except for a lack of Gonzo, but then again, he's been the focus of the last few episodes. It's kind of like what happened to Fozzie, where he was a main focus in the first half of Season 1 and then kind of faded into the background. But other than that, the finale episodes were amazing. I can't wait to see what's in store for "the muppets."

Duke Remington likes this.
  6. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

Howard Tubman!! Yaay!

Muppy likes this.
  7. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

OOh,I want to read it so bad but I know I shouldn't.

8. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

Don't let that spoil it for you! The final episodes (especially "Because ... Love") should be viewed not knowing anything, becuase they're just that good, and have so many twists and turns. You'll be surprised with the outcome tomorrow, I can guarantee that.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  9. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Oh my god..........OH MY GOD!!!!

HE SAID IT! HE ACTUALLY FROGGIN' SAID IT!!!!

I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER AND I HAVEN'T EVEN WATCHED THE LAST EPISODE YET!!!!

Muppy likes this.
  10. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Though did Fozzie get to do anything, sad that there won't be no Gonzo, but whatever.

11. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

In "Generally Inhospitable" Fozzie did his usual Up Late co hosting, and in "because ... Love" he chats with Kermit for a bit, and has a few small lines here and there. He has about as much screen time and usual since the "reboot". Gonzo has like 4 lines in "Because ... Love" and I don't think he appeared at all in the earlier episode. It sucks but why complain.

12. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

Loved the use of all the old characters in Because...Love. We got Marvin Suggs, Mahna Mahna, Bobby Benson and his Baby Band, Howard Tubman, Dead Tom, and more! It was great to see the Swedish Chef singing his theme again, mixed with a Muppet Lab sketch, and Vet's Hospital (Although I liked Deadly introducing the sketch, I would have loved to see them use one of Jerry's old recordings, similar to what they did in MMW). They really set the ending up nice, with the "show" going on a hiatus until next season, and leaving the possiblilty of a relationship between Kermit and Piggy open, where they can pick up at a later time. Overall, two solid episodes, full of laughs and a good amount of heart.

Muppy and Duke Remington like this.
  13. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

For the record, I don't think Big Bang Theory deserves the hate it gets because... well... the show is strange. It works like all other sitcoms work in reverse. The longer the show went on, the more character development kicked in. It's usually the characters starting out with strong personalities that turn into one note jokes by the end. I can see why those who didn't like it first season and refuse to watch anything beyond that hate it, but it actually does get better. And I attribute that to the characters being in relationships. No more "all nerds are lecherous virgins" crap.

But yeah. That gets renewed because it gets ratings. Same with most of CBS's line up, actually. Though Mike and Molly really fell from grace (they married them off too soon), and thankfully that awful Odd Couple remake has been shoved into late mid-season for it's renewed season. So HA on that.

14. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Quoting and responding to a spoiler post here...

If we don't get a second season to wrap up their relationship, I wouldn't be surprised if they announce getting back together on social media like they did with the break-up announcement.

If they don't renew for another season, it would be great if they made a TV special focusing on their trip and getting back together.

Muppy likes this.
  15. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Did Howard tubman speak

16. WebMistressGina

WebMistressGina Well-Known Member

Okay, so I have to ask cause I've already spoiled myself - why are they heading to Thailand? Is that Piggy going on vacation in Thailand? And why Thailand?

17. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

It's complicated. Piggy is lead to think Kermit is having major doubts about starting again, so she wants to get as away as she can when the show goes on hiatus.

After something I won't spoil for you, Kermit chases her onto the plane and reassures her that he has made up his mind. Before they can get off the plane, Piggy falls asleep due to the Nyquil she took and Kermit ends up just taking a seat.

That's not the whole story, but you'll find that out very soon.

Muppy likes this.
  18. kathy26

kathy26 Member

wait a minute Bobby Benson,Geri and the Atrics,Droop,and Bobby Benson are going to be in this episode finale

19. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

According to Muppet Wiki, yes.

20. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

Geri and the Atrics are only mentioned, whereas Bobby Benson (whom you mentioned twice) is present, along with Droop speaking. And yes, Howard Tubman has quite a few lines.
    EDIT: I am now second guessing myself. It is completely possible that one or two of the Atrics are within the clump of old Muppet characters, as I don't remember completely.

LaRanaRene likes this.