The Muppets TV promo blitz has begun!

BornToWemble

Reaction score
@Tooth: I just saw at Toys R Us the full figurine set of that girl's bedroom toys...and no surprise, NO Totoro. They have every single character but him. What, they couldnt get the rights? Totoro was in many of the scenes, so not having him is bunk

I'll check Disney store in October. I'm a bit worried tho.
That surprises me, doesn't Disney have the rights to release Ghibli stuff? Or just the movies? Either way I don't think it'd be a problem to get the rights to make a Totoro.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That surprises me, doesn't Disney have the rights to release Ghibli stuff? Or just the movies? Either way I don't think it'd be a problem to get the rights to make a Totoro.
Just the movies. There's no attempt at all to merchandise any of these films. You have to go to an expensive Japanese import toy store to get that stuff.

Anyway, I'm seeing trailers for just about everything but The Muppets recently... hopefully that will change soon.

But here's the weirs thing... I just saw a trailer for Johnny English 2 during the Simpsons last night with the cryptic "Coming this October" tag line... it IS October, you'd think they'd have something a little less vauge for a tag line.

Also, it appears that Puss in Boots's release was moved up a week to the 28th of October. So, I guess one less movie to really worry about for being competition for the Muppets.

Still, I really hope to see more Muppet TV spots as the month progresses. November will be hear before you know it.