1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"The Muppets": What made you laugh

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by beaker, Nov 26, 2011.

1. MuppetsFan4Life

MuppetsFan4Life Active Member

Wow... There were so many funny parts to this movie, but I'll list as much as I can.

- When Walter ran into the TV screen to join the Muppets. It was kinda sad, but funny, too. XD

- "That's just an Internet rumor, like there's a country called Turkey"

- The whole "Life's a Happy Song" number was funny, cute and is still stuck in my head after all this time....

- "It's Spring Break!"
    "Awww! :( "
    "You come back in 2 weeks!"
    " YAY!!! "

- The rain/gardener gag gets me everytime

- All of the 4th wall jokes.

- Walter's epic screaming after hearing the plan from Tex

- The star maps/ hot dogs gag

- The homage to the first movie with Sweetums (I laughed so hard... XD )

- Basically, anytime Rowlf was seen. I loved seeing him again. He was so funny and had one-liners that really made me laugh. I think Jim would've been proud. That montage scene with him did it for me, though. Sleeping on a hammock was important to the montage for him... LOL

- Tex's laugh and the random rap number. And then the showgirls came out. I could NOT stop laughing at the whole number. And it was sing-along, too! Hahahaha!!

- Muppet Man. Enough said here.

- Marvin Sugg's line at the end of the movie. I was clapping when I saw him! He always made me laugh during The Muppet Show!

- Traveling by map. Genius!

- When Gary, Mary and Walter see Kermit for the first time and you hear a angelic choir, but it's from a choir on a bus that drove by. ROFL I LOVE THESE GAGS!!

- And when Walter faints right after that moment.

- Uncle Deadly and Bobo (every scene with them! )

- The whole telethon was funny and interesting to watch! Poor Jack Black!

I can't think of anymore, but you get the idea!

*****And BTW, when Kermit suggests that they drive to find everyone, is it me or am I the only one who wanted him to say "Moving right along" ??****
  2. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

I like it when Uncle Deadly and Bobo start singing Together Again, but Tex yells at them, and Bobo asks Deadly "You think we're working for the bad guy?"Ha ha ha Bobo is totally clueless sometimes (so funny).
    shinycelebi225 likes this.
  3. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

Doesn't take much for me...I laughed my head off when Walter was screaming for like 3 or 4 scenes!! GREAT!
  4. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I laughed at Staler and Waldorf's bit.
  5. terrimonster

terrimonster Member

I was laughing pretty hard at Beautiful Day eating his phone at the telethon.
  6. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

Both of Scooter's arms coming out of the one sleeve in the Muppet Man. One of the funniest Muppet visual gags of all-time.

Also. "Children?"
    Bannanasketch and Gonzo's Hobbit like this.
  7. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Every time I've seen the movie I remind myself that I need to bring this up, but then I always forget! I find that so amusing as well.
  8. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

The Muppet Man's right arm made me grin widely. Poor Scooter, crammed into the sleeve like that! I hope the jacket was clean.
  9. LinkiePie<3

LinkiePie<3 Well-Known Member

"What the wocka?"

Bobo, and Uncle Deadly singing Together Again

Smells Like Teen Spirit

Sweetums chasing after the car. (sincerely TMM nostalgia <3)

Walter screaming!

The choir in the bus (thought that was canned angelic music xD)

Wayne and Wanda kissing

Jack Black! <333

Kermit assuring Scooter to see the audience naked (or in their underwear) lol!

Tex's song. (<3333)

HOBO JOE!!!!
    We Got Us and Bannanasketch like this.
  10. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Animal's "mean lady" remark when they're turned away by Emily Blunt made me laugh every time
  11. shinycelebi225

shinycelebi225 Active Member

heh yeah that was funny.....
  12. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

"You are all naked...well partially" That was aweseome.

The montage scene where they were getting everyone back with the hook.
  13. shinycelebi225

i just faceplamed for 2 reasons
    1. it was funny and awkward
    2. 'cause i was dressed as scooter XD
  14. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

why does everyone forget about Hobo Joe
  15. ToodlesTeam

ToodlesTeam Active Member

"Life's a piece of cake." "With someone to give..." "...and someone to HEAVY CAKE!"

Didn't catch that line at first, but it cracks me up every time now. In addition to all the other obvious funny parts that everyone else already pointed out. :p
  16. Oscarfan

The line's actually "Someone to give and someone to take".
  17. shinycelebi225

when was that??
  18. ToodlesTeam

On the soundtrack, yes. But in the movie, it's definitely heavy cake.
  19. Oscarfan

I just listened to the clip and it's not "heavy cake". He's stuttering, then yelling "TAKE" as he collapses under its weight.
  20. ToodlesTeam

Really? Huh. The clip from the movie itself? Because I just saw it again tonight and it sure sounded like heavy cake to me. I know the line is take on the soundtrack. Not that it really matters. It's funny either way.