The New Am I The Only One Thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The last thing you want to do is cop (no pun intended) an attitude when dealing with police.
If the kid backed off a little (though the cop can afford to do so too) the cop might've given him a break and given his skateboard back.
Maybe he'd be let go with a warning. But once you get in a cop's face, all bets are off.

The consequences are even more severe if you're standing in front of a judge. Sometimes it's a little give-and-take. You're in front of the judge, you show respect, you might get off light. Maybe even walk free.
Talk back, roll your eyes, act like you're not taking the judge seriously,
"Contempt of Court" can have a heavy price tag. When you're standing in front of an authority figure who can make things hard for you, don't give him reason to.

I've had to go to traffic court a few times in my life. More often than not, the judges were fair with me. And I've had male and female, black, white, and Hispanic judges deliberate my fate.
Only once did I have to pay the full fine. The other times, fines greatly reduced. Simply by not ticking off the judge. They got a full load of cases to wade through, you don't want to waste their time. A little respect goes a long way.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly I just do what the cop says when I have an interaction with them.

Cause if they want to talk to you or pull you over, there's definitely a reason.

And yes, I am aware cops can also be biased. But from what I've gathered, it usually depends on the area.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
That's what I was referencing on the biased part.

Cause honestly, I'm always hearing biased police stories in places like Baltimore, Chicago, NYC, etc.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, and I keep forgetting that Chicago sucks because it's all Obama's fault. That's what they say, so it must be the truth.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Meh.

Any city full of run down, ghetto duplex houses stacked next to each other sucks.

#loliwastoospoiledbythesuburbs

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm guessing I'm the only Crash Bandicoot fan here.

Okay, not true. I'm guessing there's @Any Del, @Flaky Pudding and I guess @Sgt Floyd, but uh....

Am I the only one that gets kinda bugged when people whine "oh, I hate that Debi Derryberry does Coco's voice, she sounds too much like Jimmy Neutron's!" ?

O rly?

Have you actually took the time to compare the voices?

Yeah, sure, they have similar mannerism of vocal tone, but one is actually more feminine/higher pitched than the other.

Unpopular opinion, but I always thought Debi was the best choice cause it suits her smart personality.

I mean heck. I could complain that I think Muscle Man from Regular Show sounds too much like Kuwabara in the English Dub of Yu Yu Hakusho. Or that Patrick Star of SpongeBob sounds too much like one of Frollo's guards in Disney's adaption of The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Or heck, maybe even that Tom Hanks and Tim Allen sound too much like Woody and Buzz from Toy Story. :smirk:

Any Del

Reaction score
You're not the only Bandicoot fan on this site! Also, yeah I really don't see why some people would hate Debi Derryberry stating Coco sounds like Jimmy Neutron. There's many characters out there that are voiced by the SAME person and I don't hear complaints like those.

Take Christopher Sabat for example, he does the voices for Vegeta, Piccolo and Yamcha on Dragon Ball. I NEVER heard someone say "I don't like Chris voicing Vegeta because it sounds like Piccolo!"

I'd say if you don't like how a certain person sounds you can just oh I dunno... watch something else? It really ain't that difficult... But oh well it ain't for everyone.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Take Christopher Sabat for example, he does the voices for Vegeta, Piccolo and Yamcha on Dragon Ball. I NEVER heard someone say "I don't like Chris voicing Vegeta because it sounds like Piccolo!"
Chris Sabat is one of my favorite anime voice actors, and I'm still honored I had the chance of meeting him at RI comic Con.

Random note - I dunno if you watch Yu Yu Hakusho, but I got him to do his Kuwabara voice. One of the best moments of my life.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
On another note -

I also seem to never see anyone complain that Cyndi Vortex sounds like Sandy Cheeks.... Just without the southern accent.