The NEW Epic Muppet Film Trailer Released!

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Btw, ya havent seen Fantasia 2000? Oh man, GO RENT OR BUY NOW!!! Brilliant!!! (The whale segment and the Metropolitain jazz Gershwin number are my faves from there)
Hey, me too :smile: Add the Beethoveen 5 to that, and those are my three favorite segments in F2000.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
F2K should have been longer. They cut out 3 segments that they should have used. I felt like I paid too much for that short amount of time...mainly because I thought it was such a great film that more would have made it greater. Only my onion...I mean opinion though.

scarecroe

Reaction score
I felt the same way at first, but I've grown accustomed to the length. They couldn't have made it as long as F1940 as today's audience wouldn't take it for such a film. I think maybe a segment or two longer would have made for a better feature length.

Do you know what they left out?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Actually, Bette Midler (if I remember correctly) introduced a segment that showed options for 3 or 4 other ideas that were not produced for the film. It's IN the film about what was left OUT of the film.

Go figger...

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
(/QUOTE) Really, I kinda feel sorry for the Mouse. I mean, no one really likes him as anything but a company logo or mascot. Heck, they stopped making Mickey Movies because people liked Goofy and Donald much more (me included) because they actually had a personality. But still, Donald flies off the handle (and I can relate) and Goofy screws stuff up with the best of intentions (I also can relate)... what does Mickey do?
Mickey's the nice one....The smart guy w/the wacky friends that gets pulled into all their shenanigans.....The adventurous one whose friends always cause disatster...In other words, Mickey's the straight man.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Mickey is to Disney as Kermit is to Henson, but Kermit has more personality and works harder than the rat...er, mouse.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
Mickey is to Disney as Kermit is to Henson, but Kermit has more personality and works harder than the rat...er, mouse.
Heh, and you and I know one can meet/and or see the Kermit in person. Whose seen Mickey in real life? Noone, cuz hes just a cartoon. (and no pimply faced teens in a suit dont count)

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Yeah, Mickey's sorta like Kermit, 'cept Kermit's not ALWAYS the straight man! And I've never seen Mickey get upset....Kermit's more developed, obviously. Actually, ALL the main Muppet players are more developed than the Disney icons, I think.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I agree with Manda on this. Kermit is more well-rounded because he has all emotions, and isn't always so "perfect" as they try to make Mickey. He was just too sweet in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" and in nearly all films. After Steamboat Willie and other earlier films, he had a small mean streak, but not much.

I made Muley mischevious. My cartoon character, puppet character is sweet, mean, flirtatious, playful...all things 'humanly' emotional.

I think Mickey misses out on that, unfortunately.

And Cory, I have been holding out on this information for a long time, but I DID meet Kermit the Frog. We had coffee and some kind of chocolate covered something crunchy when we were all at MFest.

Then my alarm went off and I woke up. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
And Cory, I have been holding out on this information for a long time, but I DID meet Kermit the Frog. We had coffee and some kind of chocolate covered something crunchy when we were all at MFest.

Then my alarm went off and I woke up. :smile:
Heh. Well I can understand why we didnt get to meet the Muppets...I mean Kermit is a really busy personality, along with his handler Steve. Im glad we got to meet Sweetums though.
He seems like he'd be really fun to hang out with.

And yes I have broken the third wall of reality here, I dont care.
I make a distinct seperation between character and performer when it comes to the Muppets. Honestly, Im like that little kid Jon Jon in that Sesame sketch when it comes to the Muppets. Err that, or Im completely off my rocker:wink:

Anyways, my dream would be to someday meet some of the Muppet gang. They seem genuinely warm, caring, and friendly and would definately be cool guys to hang out with. Hopefully we'll be able to do that if they have another Muppetfest.