The new Muppet movie and TV series

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Like I said before, and I'm 100% unanimous in this decision (LOL!): They have great characters from the past they can still use! (Wonder if THEY thought of that??)

I agree, Fozzie needs a comeback, and if the other guys are too afraid to do it...they can call me!! I'll give them my phone number...again.

FOZ

Drtooth

Reaction score
More FOzzie, More Gonzo! More Beaker! More More More!!! And some others I forgot!:cool:

pezbalubah

Reaction score
I agree that Rowlf, Scooter, and The Electric Mayhem need to be brought back to be main characters again. For the TV show they should have guests but if it's not a variety show, they can have them visit the Muppet's house like they're friends, and maybe work in musical guests like having them come over to jam with the Electric Mayhem or having the Electric Mayhem open up for bands at concerts (and there can be scenes backstage). If anybody's seen the Chris Issak show, it can be something like that, except with Muppets and without the naked women. I can totally imagine Green Day interacting with the Muppets, (Tre Cool, the drummer of Green Day has said that Animal is his drummer idol). As far as Clifford, he should be a minor character and not in charge as he was in Muppets Tonight. I never saw Muppets at WDW, what did Clifford do in the Electric Mayhem? I certainly hope they never make Clifford rap for the Mayhem.

dan

Reaction score
If Clifford raps for the Electric Mayhem, there is going to be no coming back. I will have to write off the muppets and just watch the old shows and movies.

That would be an absolute nightmare for me. They need to keep Clifford out of the band. There is no room for him.

Gonzo

Reaction score
The only MT characters I want to see any more of are Johnny Fiama, Pepe, and possibly Sal. I found Bobo to be very unfunny. Same with Phil Van Neuter, same with Seymour...

Out of Janice and Scooter, I'd rather see Janice revived.

Rowlf is a must-have.

I'd love to see Jerry's characters again, especially Floyd, Robin, and Camilla....I'd love to see Gonzo re-teamed with Camilla, and have a Rizzo-Pepe team-up more often. Gonzo's perpetual pairing with Rizzo has separated him from the rest of the Muppet fam.

More of Miss Piggy. Bring her back. Make her the diva we all know she is. And maybe give her some sort of assistant or ingenue, more prominent than Annie Sue, to be a new female character.

And make my Main Frog the host/center of the chaos.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Aw, now; Clifford is okay, but he needs to be kind of like Floyd, who doesn't really say much, and when he does it's important. I liked his role in Muppets From Space, he wasn't trying to be "all that" and certainly shouldn't be taking Kermit's role. I think nowadays that Steve has got more of the "Jim Kermit" in place that we'll see TONS more Kermit involved in the show, but keep in mind that these folks perform tons of puppets in different productions, and so we'll have to excuse their brief and minor abscences. Rap works okay in songs, and I hear those songs on the radio. I doubt seriously that JHC will allow any kind of rapping that promotes violence or sexual inuendoes that you sometimes hear blaring from the vehicles next to you at the red lights, but sometimes Rap works...however, Clifford is more raggae in my mind, and I think they should stick him there, or with funk-rock. And I'm not against seeing Lips back, either.

But, that's just me.
FOZ

DrGoshposh

Reaction score
Clifford

I have to disagree with you Dan on the whole Clifford issue.

I love Clifford, and think he is a good show of Kevin's abilities as a comedic performer, and a creator. I think the problem that most people have with him around here are problems with the whole series of Muppets Tonight! The show didn't really know what it was before going on the air. I think they were afraid to put Steve's Kermit in the same role as Jim's Kermit (since, indeed, the way the character works in the context of the show, had a lot to do with the way things were Jim ran the company -- a fun-loving leader trying to keep control in this sea of madness, and frequently getting caught up in the madness himself). They turned to a strong performer and a decent character, but they didn't really have it figured out how it would all work together. That is why I think people hate Clifford. (Of course since I like him, I just may be blind to what others hate.)

As for the show, I was thinking recently, since part of the beauty of the Muppets had to do with the fact that the on-screen relationships of the characters had a lot to do with the behind-the-scenes dynamic. With the Henson-Oz relationship, you had the guy in charge (Jim) paired with his comic genius friend (Frank). This duo led the Muppets. My thought was to create a really great leading character for Brian Henson (the guy in charge) and pair him with some of the pre-existing character of Bill Baretta (his comic genius friend). Let this team drive and define the Muppets for a whole new generation. I don't quite think any pre-existing Henson-Baretta teaming would work (though I love all of them). A new Henson character would have to be devised. I always saw Brian as the reluctant leader (or at least that would be a good caricature of him), and I think that’s the kind of leader the Muppets need. This dynamic that worked so well between Henson and Oz, and it could be the ticket to restoring a sense of direction to the Muppets.

My plan would mean they would have to abandon classic characters in order to develop this new team, so it probably wouldn't be too popular among fans or the Henson brass.

Anyhow, that was my idea. I’m looking forward to what the come up with.

Scott

dan

Reaction score
Yeah, I miss Gonzo and Camilla too. I hope Jerry gets super involved as well. Floyd is one cool cat. Rizzo and Pepe does seem like a good team.

Jackie

Reaction score
Oh i find Bobo to be TREMENDOUSLY funny!!!

"Jalepenos, Jalepenos, gettin my friend some Jalepenos!"

hehehe

dwmckim

Reaction score
...and i would definately be a member (if not the president) of the More Dr Phil Fan Club!