The new Muppet movie and TV series

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You know, right when I was getting used to Bean he just disappeared. I hope he comes back too.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Kev: That's definitely a neat plot. We'll see what happens, I guess.

Pez: "Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, Rowlf, Animal, and Scooter" -- you got it, man! That's the main group. I hope that's what we'll see myself.

Dan: Clifford briefly appeared as a member of the Electric Mayhem in the Disney World special. I forgot what instrument he played in that. I thought the "triangle" comment was funny, but I should note with some irony that Crazy Harry actually DID play the triangle with the band in the closing credits of the early episodes.

Jamie: Lots of really good ideas. But who's Tug?

All: Something else we ought to consider -- should the new show have a laugh track? TMS and MT both had laugh tracks, but they were both shows set with a "live" audience. JHH didn't have a laugh track...but then look how quickly that went away. But now lots of comedy shows (most of them on Fox, too) don't have a laugh track and they're quite successful. Jim may have just been ahead of the curve again. But then they didn't use a laugh track sometimes on MT and those moments felt especially empty. Hmm. I know, I'm talking in circles...but I'm stumped here. What's everyone else thinking?

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Kev: That's definitely a neat plot. We'll see what happens, I guess.

Pez: "Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, Rowlf, Animal, and Scooter" -- you got it, man! That's the main group. I hope that's what we'll see myself.

Dan: Clifford briefly appeared as a member of the Electric Mayhem in the Disney World special. I forgot what instrument he played in that. I thought the "triangle" comment was funny, but I should note with some irony that Crazy Harry actually DID play the triangle with the band in the closing credits of the early episodes.

Jamie: Lots of really good ideas. But who's Tug?

Bean: Yes, your namesake really was cute. Here's to seeing more of him.

All: Something else we ought to consider -- should the new show have a laugh track? TMS and MT both had laugh tracks, but they were both shows set with a "live" audience. JHH didn't have a laugh track...but then look how quickly that went away. But now lots of comedy shows (most of them on Fox, too) don't have a laugh track and they're quite successful. Jim may have just been ahead of the curve again. But then they didn't use a laugh track sometimes on MT and those moments felt especially empty. Hmm. I know, I'm talking in circles...but I'm stumped here. What's everyone else thinking?

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Well I for one am thinking about how annoying it is when people post the same message twice. I'm sure it was an accedent though.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Tug is the purple Little Muppet Monster originally voiced by Richard Hunt, but apparently voiced by Clash in some TV spot. He's very classic Muppety-looking and the characters were meant to be linked to The Muppet Show.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I don't know why so many folks hate Clifford so bad. I think he's cool; just shouldn't be up front in place of the classics. Yeah, Bean Bunny could be out there again, certainly so.

I agree with Frogboy, I think that their daily lives like in Muppets From Space, in the boarding house and all that, is cool. I'd like to see more of that.

Great thread, Chilly!

FOZ

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I gotta chime in here about Clifford.

He was in a few projects here and there, but received his big introduction in Muppets Tonight where he welcomed us by saying,"...I'm your homey made of foamy." :eek: I found that statement so tacky that he almost didn't recover in my eyes. He eventually grew on me and I do like him now. He's not the best character, but he makes a good secondary cast member. He is also a beautifully crafted pupet and purple too! I think that some of the rap placed on him was from angry fans that saw him as Kermit's replacement. This, I am sure, will not happen again. Now he can just be a cool purple guy in the background with a one-liner or two. Would that be called a two-liner?

Reaction score
I really liked that idea about them coming back to the old studio i would absolutley love to see that!I really wish i wasn't so impatient b/c all this talk about the show really gets me excited! But I know the wait will be worth it b/c any thing the muppets do is amazing!:big_grin: does any body know the title yet? o and i kinda was wandering if it is going to have guests on the show and who do you guys think should be on the show?

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
How about an adult Muppet version of Skeeter, Scooter's twin sister?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

When i first saw Muppets Tonight i was really angry and sad that it wasnt another 'Muppet Show'.
I was only 11, i thought The Muppet Show was just gonna start again.

but one thing i really despised about it was, Clifford !

He just came out of NOWHERE and took Kermit's place.
We didnt get The Jim Henson Hour in the UK, so i didnt know about him.

But then ofcourse he grew on me a bit, Then when i watched The Jim Henson Hour he became a favorite of mine!

They should keep him as he was in that show, He just comes on sometimes and says a few words, Other than that he stays in the band.

I think both 'Solid Foam' and 'The Electric Mayhem' could work on a new show.
But please DO NOT bring back that band from Muppets Tonight, Nice looking puppets, But definetely not one of THE Muppet Bands.

Well thats all i got !

see ya