The new Muppet movie and TV series

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I agree about the MT band. I didn't lile the puppets - except fro Zippidy-Zap. He should definitely return. Was he voiced by Bill? Plus Solid Foam's punk style is actually in style again these days! I wouldn't mind seeing them again - maybe in a battle of the bands episode.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Jamie,

Not battle of the bands, Just as the second band.

Remember Animal and Zoot were normally apart of 'Solid Foam' !

And i remember seeing Dr Teeth wathcing them play once, Maybe he was their Manager or something ?

It could be the 'Electric Mayhem' doing older stuff, And 'Solid Foam' playing the newer punk stuff.

See ya

Salmoto

Reaction score
How about this: A secondary plot in which Clifford arranges musical acts, possibly at the KMUP studios. They're broadcasting radio from there, Clifford is the DJ and the Electric Mayhem would trade places with Solid Foam for the instances when they don't have a musical guest like Green Day. I think that fits in most of the ideas people have had there recently and it'd allow for lots of musical numbers.

I think it's possible for Clifford to be part of the main group of muppets, or at least the second-string group. The way he was used in "Muppets From Space" seemed appropriate for me: Hanging out with either Kermit or Pepe and acting as the occasional go-between for gags, for example.

Clifford: Yo, Kerm, Were you waiting for some painters to show up?
Kermit: Yes, I was.
Clifford: Well, they're leaving, Animal bit one of them.
(I know this isn't a direct quote.)

So probably there'd be moments where he interacts with the Muppets early in the show and then he says, "Well I gotta get going," and head off to do his usual thing. That's Clifford for me.

pezbalubah

Reaction score
This is the first time I've heard of Solid Foam, I'm not that familiar with the characters of The Jim Henson Hour, just the parts of the show they use to show on Nickelodeon. What did Clifford play in Sold Foam? I just saw the Muppets at WDW the other day for the first time and Clifford played the tamborine (and a xylophone type thing) and sang. The radio station idea sounds cool, or even if it's a music TV channel, then they can have a good amount of non-music programs as well. (like MTV)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just hope that they leave Andy and Randy pig at home. They could have worked, but somehow, they just didn't!!

Salmoto

Reaction score
Perhaps if they retained their cutesy-wootsy voices from the "Muppet-Time" segments. It would have been fun seeing Sam the Eagle's segments on conservativeness ruined by two cute little piglets.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Andy and Randy

I thought they were funny, but a little of that goes a long way. They were a one-joke duo that was way overexposed. I'd like to see them in the background (maybe they can live with Clifford) but I don't think they need to be featured as main or secondary cast.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Andy & Randy

...are definately the "Elmo" of the Classic Muppet world...when used sparingly they're really quite funny characters - they're terrific foils for Sam and the Hardy Pigs boy sketch w/ Heather Locklear was classic! But when the main focus is on them like in the John Goodman episode it's just way WAY too much!

Salmoto

Reaction score
Andy anr Drandy

What annoyed me the most was almost everything they said was in tandem.

What annoyed me the second most was that Piggy absolutely loved them even though they were blithering idiots. Piggy usually has little tolerance towards the kind of buffonery that her own nephews were responsible for. Sure she's not Statler and Waldorf, but she has something of a hard time dealing with the more absurd Muppets like Gonzo.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I don't think Piggy was really that affectionate toward them....

Muppet Classic Theatre: This was more of a "play" before it established A&R were Piggy's nephews. But even within the context of this show, she seemed so much above them - wondering if they could even possibly be related.

Michelle Pfeiffer: Piggy gets A&R a job on the show...not so much out of family ties but basically to unload them on Clifford and get them out of her hair! Note how overjoyed she is when she leaves the room and it's worked!

Garth Brooks: Annoyed that not only did they butt in on her act,but also put her in physical danger.

Whoopi Goldberg: Could not WAIT to get out of the limo with them. After being fit to be hog tied, she DOES tie the hogs down! At the end of the show, she'd rather walk to the airport than have to deal with A&R's shenanigans again.

...and that's really all the main interaction MP has had with the twosome...the only other thing...and this might have been in the back of your mind when you made the post...especially since this was in a movie, it's available on DVD/VHS for easy viewing whereas the Muppets Tonight episodes have yet to be commercially released...was the photo of Piggy and Andy & Randy in Muppets From Space where Gonzo is noticing all the other Muppets family portraits. Given the contrast between Gonzo's lonely silhoette shotand the other family pictures, that probably made that moment/picture seem more sentimental than it really is. She's pretty much having to keep them under control, restraining them - but Miss Piggy being the professional poser that she is, at least knows how to smile and give her all to the camera when the shot was being taken.

So altogether, i'd say MP DOES pretty much hold them with the same disdain that she does other Muppets.