1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The new Muppet movie and TV series

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Chilly Down, Apr 19, 2002.

1. frogboy4 Inactive Member

I agree about the MT band. I didn't lile the puppets - except fro Zippidy-Zap. He should definitely return. Was he voiced by Bill? Plus Solid Foam's punk style is actually in style again these days! I wouldn't mind seeing them again - maybe in a battle of the bands episode.
  2. BlueFrackle Active Member

Jamie,

Not battle of the bands, Just as the second band.

Remember Animal and Zoot were normally apart of 'Solid Foam' !

And i remember seeing Dr Teeth wathcing them play once, Maybe he was their Manager or something ?

It could be the 'Electric Mayhem' doing older stuff, And 'Solid Foam' playing the newer punk stuff.

See ya
  3. Salmoto New Member

How about this: A secondary plot in which Clifford arranges musical acts, possibly at the KMUP studios. They're broadcasting radio from there, Clifford is the DJ and the Electric Mayhem would trade places with Solid Foam for the instances when they don't have a musical guest like Green Day. I think that fits in most of the ideas people have had there recently and it'd allow for lots of musical numbers.

I think it's possible for Clifford to be part of the main group of muppets, or at least the second-string group. The way he was used in "Muppets From Space" seemed appropriate for me: Hanging out with either Kermit or Pepe and acting as the occasional go-between for gags, for example.

Clifford: Yo, Kerm, Were you waiting for some painters to show up?
    Kermit: Yes, I was.
    Clifford: Well, they're leaving, Animal bit one of them.
    (I know this isn't a direct quote.)

So probably there'd be moments where he interacts with the Muppets early in the show and then he says, "Well I gotta get going," and head off to do his usual thing. That's Clifford for me.
  4. pezbalubah Member

This is the first time I've heard of Solid Foam, I'm not that familiar with the characters of The Jim Henson Hour, just the parts of the show they use to show on Nickelodeon. What did Clifford play in Sold Foam? I just saw the Muppets at WDW the other day for the first time and Clifford played the tamborine (and a xylophone type thing) and sang. The radio station idea sounds cool, or even if it's a music TV channel, then they can have a good amount of non-music programs as well. (like MTV)
  5. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I just hope that they leave Andy and Randy pig at home. They could have worked, but somehow, they just didn't!!
  6. Salmoto New Member

Perhaps if they retained their cutesy-wootsy voices from the "Muppet-Time" segments. It would have been fun seeing Sam the Eagle's segments on conservativeness ruined by two cute little piglets.
  7. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Andy and Randy

I thought they were funny, but a little of that goes a long way. They were a one-joke duo that was way overexposed. I'd like to see them in the background (maybe they can live with Clifford) but I don't think they need to be featured as main or secondary cast.
  8. dwmckim Well-Known Member

Andy & Randy

...are definately the "Elmo" of the Classic Muppet world...when used sparingly they're really quite funny characters - they're terrific foils for Sam and the Hardy Pigs boy sketch w/ Heather Locklear was classic! But when the main focus is on them like in the John Goodman episode it's just way WAY too much!
  9. Salmoto New Member

Andy anr Drandy

What annoyed me the most was almost everything they said was in tandem.

What annoyed me the second most was that Piggy absolutely loved them even though they were blithering idiots. Piggy usually has little tolerance towards the kind of buffonery that her own nephews were responsible for. Sure she's not Statler and Waldorf, but she has something of a hard time dealing with the more absurd Muppets like Gonzo.
  10. dwmckim Well-Known Member

I don't think Piggy was really that affectionate toward them....

Muppet Classic Theatre: This was more of a "play" before it established A&R were Piggy's nephews. But even within the context of this show, she seemed so much above them - wondering if they could even possibly be related.

Michelle Pfeiffer: Piggy gets A&R a job on the show...not so much out of family ties but basically to unload them on Clifford and get them out of her hair! Note how overjoyed she is when she leaves the room and it's worked!

Garth Brooks: Annoyed that not only did they butt in on her act,but also put her in physical danger.

Whoopi Goldberg: Could not WAIT to get out of the limo with them. After being fit to be hog tied, she DOES tie the hogs down! At the end of the show, she'd rather walk to the airport than have to deal with A&R's shenanigans again.

...and that's really all the main interaction MP has had with the twosome...the only other thing...and this might have been in the back of your mind when you made the post...especially since this was in a movie, it's available on DVD/VHS for easy viewing whereas the Muppets Tonight episodes have yet to be commercially released...was the photo of Piggy and Andy & Randy in Muppets From Space where Gonzo is noticing all the other Muppets family portraits. Given the contrast between Gonzo's lonely silhoette shotand the other family pictures, that probably made that moment/picture seem more sentimental than it really is. She's pretty much having to keep them under control, restraining them - but Miss Piggy being the professional poser that she is, at least knows how to smile and give her all to the camera when the shot was being taken.

So altogether, i'd say MP DOES pretty much hold them with the same disdain that she does other Muppets.
  11. Fozzie Bear Moderator

DW...

Yeah, I agree, I have many family members who do the same things to me: tie me up, run away, shut the door...
  12. Salmoto New Member

What about musical numbers? If the Muppets do a sitcom, how will they fit them in?
  13. Fozzie Bear Moderator

THAT'S RIGHT!!

Muppets are well known for their Musical Numbers!!

Then again, they did many episodes of The Honeymooners as musicals...

It's the Muppets, they'll fit it in somehow.
  14. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I don't know about you, but I'd like to hear more Electric Mayhiem covers of old songs. Especially:
    Bohiemian Rhapsody (since they're on Fox, I bet they'd have no problem with the line "Mama just killed a man...")
    Cover of the Rolling Stone (I can just picture Floyd singing this, sounds like he does anyway)
    Mama's got a Squeeze Box (Endless possibilities here, use your imagination)
    Devil went down to Georgia
    and many others I could think of late at night after I wake up from an odd dream sequence. That's how I get my ideas!
  15. Crazy Harry New Member

I don't think we need to worry about musical numbers in a sitcom. The Simpsons do them all the time.

Who controls the British crown? Who keeps the metric system down?
    We do! We do!
    Who leaves Atlantis off the maps? Who keeps the martians under wraps?
    We do! We do!
    Who holds back the electric car? Who makes Steve Guttenburg a star?
    We do! We do!
    Who robs cavefish of thier sight? Who rigs every Oscar night?
    We do! We do!
  16. Salmoto New Member

Every time the Simpsons break into song, I frown a little bit. The worst one was the episode where the parents and kids sang a modified version of "What's the matter with kids?" regarding the issue of city curfews. Even though the writing is very clever and fits the Simpsons' social commentative theme, it seems out of place to make a cartoon with such a realist attitude to start singing out of nowhere. It's like Alf Clausin wants to get paid more.

What? This is a Muppet message board? That explains why 3/4ths of my screen name is that of a monkey's......

I looked back at previous message and realizrd that my idea of having Clifford arrange music would be a prime oppertunity to have musical acts of any variety. So there.
  17. frogboy4 Inactive Member

I completely disagree. I love the Simpson's musical numbers. Actually, until now I had never heard anyone not liking them. To each their own, though.:)
  18. Fozzie Bear Moderator

We break into musical numbers here all the time...

Hmm...I feel a song coming on...

FOZ
  19. Salmoto New Member

Please don't let it be "Hello Dolly...."
  20. Fozzie Bear Moderator

GREAT PIC! LOL!

Hello, Dolly! [ Top ]

Dolly
    Hello, Harry
    Well, Hello Louie
    It's so nice to be back home where I belong
    You're looking swell, Manny