The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
With all this talk about Ariana Grande and the Manchester Bombings, that reminded me. You will not believe this awful thing I discovered last week. This is by far one of the most sick, disgusting, offensive, vile, cruel, mean spirited, twisted, insulting, disrespectful, ungodly, borderline evil, vomit inducing, blood boiling, infuriating "jokes" I've ever seen in my life.

Yes, your eyes do not deceive you. This is a real, legit t-shirt produced by an actual company. WHY!? That is by far one of the most despicable shirts out there. Ariana Grande STILL suffers PTSD from that tragedy and some horrible person that it would be a good idea to joke about that. Ariana can't even TALK about the tragedy herself, imagine how awful she would feel if she saw someone wearing a t-shirt with such a hateful slogan on it. She might even go into actual depression. Plus, to throw fuel on the already offensive fire this shirt came out only ONE WEEK after the bombing even happened! I was at a loss of words when I discovered the fact that a real t-shirt manufacturing business would not only do something this incredibly disrespectful but also have absolutely no concept of too soon at the same time. Heck, even Seth MacFarlane has said that he knows not to joke about recent tragedies and that's SETH FREAKING MACFARLANE! That's right, the people who made this shirt outdid Family Guy of all things in terms of being outright offensive and just plain cruel for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Nobody asked for this, this "joke" is completely uncalled for and I kinda doubt that it actually made many people laugh. Whoever thought it was clever and funny to put such a mean spirited quote on a shirt should feel ashamed of him/herself.
Ugh.....I just looked up the person who manufactured this trash and they are just as much a "crude dude" as I had thought. He goes by the name Sunshine Megatron (most likely a combination of Care Bears character Sunshine Bear and Transformers villain Megatron). Here is the "apology" (I use that term very loosely) that he had posted:

Thank you for contacting us at T-Shirt ****. Why does this shirt bother you when our other shirts dont? Simply because children were involved? Are their lives more valuable than adults?

Im sure you can tell from our website, we specialize in over-the-edge, offensive humor. There are many comedians who do not sensor their comedy. If they did, there would be far less comedy in the world. We are not making any kind of political statement by these shirts, nor are we trying to say we support or trivialize these events. But we dont think certain events should be off-limits just because of their nature or because of how recently it happened. If people are very offended, they should remember this is comedy, and they should focus their efforts not on comedians who might find some slight humor in a tragedy, but on the actual event or those affected. Not on a humor t-shirt website. Do you think Louis CK ,Daniel Tosh or Sarah Silverman sensor their comedy? Of course not. Do you not think sometimes a little comic relief is needed in a very stressful world? I do.

In the past we have released other shirts immediately after tragedies that you might find equally as offensive:

I surfed the Tsunami (immediately after the huge tsunami struck)
Great White Kills all 100 of its Fans (after the fire during their concert)
Whitney Houston Beats Bobby Brown to Death
Pirating Movies Saves Lives (with Batman Logo, after the Colorado movie theater shooting)
School Shooting Tour (listing of schools in the form of a concert tour)
Lunch Glocks (kids lunch box packed with sandwich and gun)
123 out of 124 high school students agree, Viva Aruba!
International Age of Consent Tour (showing teachers who were convicted of abusing their students)

There are many more that I could list, but if youve purchased from us before, you already know this. Why is only this one distasteful? For a company specializing in comedy that is not taking any kind of political or social statement in the world, but simply finding comedy any where it can, (and with a name such as T-Shirt ****), I thin we are doing exactly what we are supposed to be doing, and there are a huge number of people who understand this.

That is no apology. That is just direct proof that they can't see their own hate. This Sunshine Megatron guy believes that just because something is a "joke" makes it okay. While guess what? Hatred does not equal comedy. There are some things you just shouldn't make fun of, plain and simple. I enjoy dark comedy myself, being a huge fan of nearly everything on [adult swim]'s line up with a few exceptions. But I would never in a million years laugh at something so distasteful.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Now...that's just wrong.
It absolutely is. I can't believe something like that even exists. The guy who produced the shirt goes under the nickname Megatron. Maybe naming himself after a villain wasn't too far of a stretch?

Any Del

Reaction score
It absolutely is. I can't believe something like that even exists. The guy who produced the shirt goes under the nickname Megatron. Maybe naming himself after a villain wasn't too far of a stretch?
I guess not. Also that so called "apology" from them was straight up trolling. I wouldn't be surprised if hardcore fans of Ariana stormed his company and started killing the employees.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I don't even know who Ariana Grande is (I'm not much into today's TV shows, movies, or music), but I agree, that shirt is just wrong, and definitely not funny.

(most likely a combination of Care Bears character Sunshine Bear and Transformers villain Megatron).
The character's name is actually Funshine Bear. Trust me, you are talking to one major Care Bear lover here.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I don't even know who Ariana Grande is (I'm not much into today's TV shows, movies, or music), but I agree, that shirt is just wrong, and definitely not funny.

The character's name is actually Funshine Bear. Trust me, you are talking to one major Care Bear lover here.
Sorry about that. I occasionally watched Care Bears as a kid but I'm not an expert or anything. Also, have you ever seen Victorious on Nickelodeon? Ariana played the role of Cat Valentine on that show.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Honestly, here's what bugs me more.

This guy who made the shirt is an obvious troll. And people, like always, are giving into it and he's just laughing his *** off about it.

:rolleyes:
I checked out that guy's site just out of curiosity and as I was expecting, it was disgusting. Nearly every shirt on the site was either offensive or just plain vulgar. I didn't even scroll down the entire page and I still can't tell you how many times I saw the F-word, the S-word, and even the disgusting C-word on those shirts (Just thinking about that word makes me cringe). Some of the more offensive things I saw during the brief minute or so I took the time to look included Jesus on the cross wearing a Hawaiian shirt with the caption "Casual Friday", Spider-Man calling a woman a c**t, a very nasty joke about Autistic people that was so jaw droppingly crude I'm not even gonna post it here, a shirt making fun of the terribly sad whipping scene from the movie Roots, a nightmare inducing gory image of a giant marshmallow roasting PEOPLE over a fire, Hobbes brutally murdering Calvin, a very dark joke about shaking babies to death, Hindu god Krishna flipping the middle finger, a drawing that was literally just a guy pointing his finger and laughing at a handicapped person, a disturbing one liner about domestic violence of all things, and a shirt that appeared to be outright promoting slavery (it said "Slavery, it gets **** done!". I still can't believe some of the garbage this sick twisted individual was coming up with. He should really reconsider some of his choices of making these shirts because I can't understand how one could even say some of these things with a clear conscience.