The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I remember when I looked forward to watching a new Simpsons episode.

Like 14-15 years ago.
I still look forward to that show. I seem to be one of the few who thinks they haven't jumped the shark yet. Of course, I do like quite a few things that most people tend to hate like Batman vs. Superman, Teen Titans Go, the Star Wars prequels, new SpongeBob, modern episodes of The Big Bang Theory, the Lilo and Stitch anime "reboot", etc.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Hey dude, respect. If you still like it then good for you, no judgements.

I will say modern day Simpsons has its share of laughs for me, like when they made fun of Pixar and poked fun at Randy Newman singing "You've Got a Friend in Me" afterwards.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Hey dude, respect. If you still like it then good for you, no judgements.

I will say modern day Simpsons has its share of laughs for me, like when they made fun of Pixar and poked fun at Randy Newman singing "You've Got a Friend in Me" afterwards.
I like that one too. Although I do agree with most fans that some of the new episodes were completely ridiculous and unnecessary. That Lady Gaga one for example was about as pander-y as you can get. But overall, I think the show is still good. It's one of the few adult oriented cartoons that I wouldn't feel dirty watching in front of my friend's 12-year-old sister. The sense of humor undeniably pushes the envelope at times but it's still nothing too terrible. Futurama and Bob's Burgers are the other two that are tame enough for me to watch in front of a child without feeling uncomfortable as to what they might see or hear. I would however be careful letting a REALLY young easily scared kid watch the Halloween episodes though because they often deal with darker themes than most episodes that might upset, confuse, or disgust younger viewers.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So my iPhone that I got last year is constantly giving me No Service, which means that either:

A. I'll have to get a new SIM card, even though I just got the device last year

B. A new phone (which I really don't want to get, but may have to, even though the person at the store said I should wait until the end of the year to get another phone)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The headphone jack on my laptop is evidently on the fritz. I think it's bent on the inside or something, because if the headphones aren't plugged in just right (such as lifting the plug up so that it's pushing downward inside, then everything sounds like a phone call with a bad signal.

I heartell in a situation like this, the best and most cost-effective solution is to just get a USB adapter, rather than having the jack itself repaired or even replaced. Then again, I hear in some cases, it could be as simple as sticking a paper clip or something in there and try to unbend it . . . but that also has the potential to cause even more damage, so I think I'll just play it safe and look into a USB adapter.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
So, two things...
For one, I just found out that Ariana Grande has PTSD because of the Manchester bombing a few years ago.

Also, more personally, someone I know is rushing into marriage. She's only 21 years old, really immature, and no one likes her boyfriend, lol. But they have literally only been dating for five months. She doesn't have a job, and they're both broke. She still lives with her mom and her grandpa, so if she gets married her fiance will probably just end up moving in with them. And here's the real kicker - she's a Christian, he's an atheist, and her grandpa is a pastor but her family has no idea that he's an atheist because she's been taking him to church...and the whole things just a mess.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
First off, if you're getting married, have no job, and nowhere to live, no visible means of support....
you're screwed!!!
The whole purpose of marriage is for husband and wife to start a life of their own, not become a burden to somebody else.
Just how long before all this crap hits the fan?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, sorry Pig's, but.... I don't see a good future for your friend. :smirk:

As for Ariana, sorry to hear that, but to be honest, I really don't have much respect for her as a person anymore.