The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
My sister and I are having issues with a couple of CD-Roms. They won't work on Windows 10, or the Macs, and they only work on the old Windows 98 system. Or at least they used to. Now they won't anymore for some reason that I can not fathom.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Sigh

I have had to give up playing for my local cricket team after nearly 7 years with them due to health reasons.

It has absolutely killed me and I was so upset at cricket telling the coaches and members who have been so supportive of me.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Any CD-ROM that was made pre-Vista or 7, chances are it won't work on any recent versions of Windows: I still have a number of them that I can't use because they're not compatible with 7.

As for me, man the days are getting longer quick . . . I mean, it's well after 9:00, and it's still not completely dark yet!

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Any CD-ROM that was made pre-Vista or 7, chances are it won't work on any recent versions of Windows: I still have a number of them that I can't use because they're not compatible with 7.
Well, we got Oregon Trail II to work on Win10, believe it or not, and the Carmen San Diego discs are working once again on the ol' 98 system. One call to my dad, the computer genius, and he fixes it. I don't know what he did, but he did something that worked!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It really sucks.

Like, I'd really love to play some of my old 98 games again. :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Same! Like 3D Ultra Mini Golf - that was one of our main go-to computer games when I was a kid, lol. I even see from Let's Plays on YouTube there was a deluxe version of the game with improved music and sound, and an addition Deluxe Nine holes that looked amazing, that I never even knew about!

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I saw a dead bunny on the way to church this morning. It was roadkill, in the church parking lot.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Tonight's new episode of The Simpsons had a very sad, tear jerking ending. They showed a montage of how nearly every main character on the show is eventually going to die. I'm sure they meant it for dark comedy reasons but seeing all of my favorite Simpsons characters die with offbeat music playing in the background doesn't make me laugh, it actually kind of made me a bit sad as by that show's standards it's pretty depressing when you think about it. I am glad that they decided to make Maggie immortal though because even The Simpsons knows that there's nothing funny about infanticide. That is a topic I can never laugh at no matter what. Even on the much darker series Family Guy, I laugh at most of the death jokes except the ones that involve Stewie. Because of him being a baby and all, those scenes just make me very uncomfortable. So yeah, the ending of this Simpsons episode as a whole though almost made me shed a tear :cry:. Despite all of the recent Apu controversies and the laundry list of many other controversial moments the show aired over time, I still really love the show and it's characters so seeing all of them die is definitely something I don't like seeing. Especially how Lisa died which was discovering that the Buddhist practices she dedicated her entire life to were "the wrong religion" and getting a heart attack because of it. That is just sad, that's all there is to it.

Last edited: