The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this is still happening to you. Sometimes, my family is like that as well.
I appreciate that, thank you. I'm sorry you have your own troubles as well. Right now, heh, the house is silent, steaming with rage and resentment. Over nothing. As usual. You know, life in the outside world is hard. Your family ought to be the people who stand by you. Instead it's like we're bitter enemies, just waiting for the next moment when someone blows their top. Even on weekends when normal people are having fun. What a waste. What a joke.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I appreciate that, thank you. I'm sorry you have your own troubles as well. Right now, heh, the house is silent, steaming with rage and resentment. Over nothing. As usual. You know, life in the outside world is hard. Your family ought to be the people who stand by you. Instead it's like we're bitter enemies, just waiting for the next moment when someone blows their top. Even on weekends when normal people are having fun. What a waste. What a joke.
I'm really, really sorry they continually upset you like this. Obviously, I don't know your situation, but if it's at all possible, I hope you can begin to distance yourself from them. I know that my mother's family was continually very stressful and selfish to the point that she didn't want to deal with them anymore. So we stopped visiting them. It may sound a bit selfish but, we realized they didn't want us there in the first place. Besides, she has to raise and teach four kids, she didn't need that kind of distraction. So now her life is much better, she's able to travel to more places and do more of the things she enjoys. She still loves her family, she prays for them everyday, she talks to them on holidays and checks up on Grandma every week. But, if someone's not meant to be in your life at that moment, than you get away from them. Sometimes it's just better to love people from far away.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm really, really sorry they continually upset you like this. Obviously, I don't know your situation, but if it's at all possible, I hope you can begin to distance yourself from them. I know that my mother's family was continually very stressful and selfish to the point that she didn't want to deal with them anymore. So we stopped visiting them. It may sound a bit selfish but, we realized they didn't want us there in the first place. Besides, she has to raise and teach four kids, she didn't need that kind of distraction. So now her life is much better, she's able to travel to more places and do more of the things she enjoys. She still loves her family, she prays for them everyday, she talks to them on holidays and checks up on Grandma every week. But, if someone's not meant to be in your life at that moment, than you get away from them. Sometimes it's just better to love people from far away.
Getting away from them would be the best thing. I know it sounds stupid but unfortunately at the moment, I'd feel terrible if I left my dog behind. And I don't have too many other people right now. I feel like such a failure all around. I don't know what I'm going to do down the line.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Anytime. And thank you in return for what you just said to me.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I had to get rid of Opera beta today because it was just having way too many problems. Used to like that browser so much and had a lot of bookmarks saved on it that I loved as well. Now they are all gone.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
One of those stupid shock websites that are only made for trolling purposes. The website was called T Shirt H**** and had a bunch of disgustingly inappropriate and deliberately offensive t-shirts that people for some reason actually buy. One of them showed Bunsen and Beaker dissecting Kermit which I don't think is funny because of how Jim actually did die. Another extremely insensitive one said,
"I started cancer," and had two thumbs up on it. Yeah, if you started something as horrific as cancer, why would you be congratulating yourself? Another extremely rude shirt showed a starving child in Africa and it said,
"I can has cheezburger," on it. I don't think it's funny to treat dying children like it's a joke (for those who don't know, the phrase I can has cheezburger stems from a collection of viral cat memes called LOLcats). Finally, the most offensive one that made me close out the website in pure shock and disgust that anyone would even want to buy something so terrible said,
"When Jesus comes back to life, we'll kill him again!". That is without a doubt the most evil, blasphemous, and disrespectful thing I've ever seen written on a t-shirt. What if somebody wore that in front of one of their Christian friends (not knowing that their a Christian) and hurt their feelings because of it. I no longer find Family Guy offensive because compared to the Internet, that show is completely tame! Those ridiculous trolling sites like Encyclopedia Dramatica, Landover Baptist Church, and T-Shirt *expletive* are possibly the most despicable "comedy" ever written.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
One of those stupid shock websites that are only made for trolling purposes. The website was called T Shirt H**** and had a bunch of disgustingly inappropriate and deliberately offensive t-shirts that people for some reason actually buy. One of them showed Bunsen and Beaker dissecting Kermit which I don't think is funny because of how Jim actually did die. Another extremely insensitive one said,
"I started cancer," and had two thumbs up on it. Yeah, if you started something as horrific as cancer, why would you be congratulating yourself? Another extremely rude shirt showed a starving child in Africa and it said,
"I can has cheezburger," on it. I don't think it's funny to treat dying children like it's a joke (for those who don't know, the phrase I can has cheezburger stems from a collection of viral cat memes called LOLcats). Finally, the most offensive one that made me close out the website in pure shock and disgust that anyone would even want to buy something so terrible said,
"When Jesus comes back to life, we'll kill him again!". That is without a doubt the most evil, blasphemous, and disrespectful thing I've ever seen written on a t-shirt. What if somebody wore that in front of one of their Christian friends (not knowing that their a Christian) and hurt their feelings because of it. I no longer find Family Guy offensive because compared to the Internet, that show is completely tame! Those ridiculous trolling sites like Encyclopedia Dramatica, Landover Baptist Church, and T-Shirt *expletive* are possibly the most despicable "comedy" ever written.
Sites like that just cater to ignorant people. People with no other purpose in life than to show just how empty their lives are. To me their attempts to shock are not offensive (I've seen much worse), just pathetic.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My family. As always. What a complete waste of time they are. We were managing to have a half way decent night, but of course, they had to ruin it. They are incapable of enjoying life, they just slump along through it, making everyone else miserable in their path. I'm tired of bothering with them. I'm tired of caring. I'm done. This "family" is a failed experiment that never should have happened to begin with.
It's funny how life works. As you get older, sometimes people come into your life who are complete strangers at first, who seem to have nothing in common with you, but become closer and more like "family" than blood relatives. And parents and siblings can seem like total strangers.

My family? The Waltons, Cosby, Full House, all that close-knit bonding, my family was as far removed from that as you can get. My alcoholic dad was a strong candidate for "World's Biggest D-Bag". My brother and I were like Cain and Abel. My sister and I weren't much better. But after my father died, we were slowly able to mend fences, and come together as a family should. Being loving, caring, supportive, compassionate for each other. It took a long time, and we still have a way to go (especially with my brother), but it's better than it used to be. But healing... takes... TIME.....

Don't give up on your family altogether. Sometimes a little distance can help, but too much can make it harder for any healing to take place.

Time heals all wounds. Things might be rough now, and may be for a long time, but not forever. In the meantime, keep your heart open for people to come into your life that can help fill the emptiness.

Your heart is like a window. Yes, you want to keep the darkness out, not feel any pain, but shutting off completely won't allow any light to come in.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
This girl who used to go to elementary school with me and who was also on my bus now has cancer.