The new What Made You Smile Today thread

cjd874

Reaction score
This made me smile, and then all of a sudden someone started cutting onions...as a lifelong Elton John fan and as a music teacher, this really hit home and made me emotional.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My buddy Yellow-Spider-Kitty is making her own YouTube web cartoon that will be premiering soon! She said that it will be kinda like South Park in that it tackles heavy subject matter using humor and often features parodies of pop culture. I'm totally excited! She's one of the funniest people I've ever met online so I'm sure this series is going to be simply amazing!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Starting today, we're getting weed retail stores! :big_grin:

Pricey as ****, but it will be worth it!

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Behold! The sketch that singlehandedly cured me of my fear of obscure Muppet dragon, Fred. Although most people may not know this about me, I used to be utterly TERRIFIED of Fred the dragon. I think it was his rather odd character design and growly voice intimidated me. It wasn't for years until I stumbled upon this video on YouTube one day while searching for Henson stuff. At first I obviously didn't want to click on it because it showed Fred's scary face on the thumbnail, but curiosity got the best of me and I watched it anyway. Boy am I glad that I did! Seeing him act as a nice, caring father figure to a baby monster changed my perception of the character entirely. Knowing that the Muppet that I once saw as a terrifying nightmare beast isn't that bad of a guy after all helped me very much. Unfortunately however, that video got lost for a long time. Then no too long afterwards, one of my friends and I were watching a YouTube Poop video of Sesame Street as his little sister watched. We figured that since she was too young to understand the cussing and innuendos, it would be okay for her to view a YouTube Poop with us just so she could see Sesame Street. But the video ended with an image of Fred staring at the camera and scared her as well. She went through the same Fred fear I did for years. Right when it happened, I looked up that video and much to my dismay it wasn't there. Finally someone has reposted it now. While my friend's sister is way too old to be scared of Fred now so that doesn't matter anymore, I still makes me really happy to see that funny clip again after so long:

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Behold! The sketch that singlehandedly cured me of my fear of obscure Muppet dragon, Fred. Although most people may not know this about me, I used to be utterly TERRIFIED of Fred the dragon. I think it was his rather odd character design and growly voice intimidated me. It wasn't for years until I stumbled upon this video on YouTube one day while searching for Henson stuff. At first I obviously didn't want to click on it because it showed Fred's scary face on the thumbnail, but curiosity got the best of me and I watched it anyway. Boy am I glad that I did! Seeing him act as a nice, caring father figure to a baby monster changed my perception of the character entirely. Knowing that the Muppet that I once saw as a terrifying nightmare beast isn't that bad of a guy after all helped me very much. Unfortunately however, that video got lost for a long time. Then no too long afterwards, one of my friends and I were watching a YouTube Poop video of Sesame Street as his little sister watched. We figured that since she was too young to understand the cussing and innuendos, it would be okay for her to view a YouTube Poop with us just so she could see Sesame Street. But the video ended with an image of Fred staring at the camera and scared her as well. She went through the same Fred fear I did for years. Right when it happened, I looked up that video and much to my dismay it wasn't there. Finally someone has reposted it now. While my friend's sister is way too old to be scared of Fred now so that doesn't matter anymore, I still makes me really happy to see that funny clip again after so long:
As another member once said, please use paragraphs in your posts. It's kinda hard to read a big wall of text without paragraphs.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My Aunt Sylvia. We hardly ever get together with her, we don't even talk to her on the phone often due to her always being on the go, and her social life is so busy that it could be very easy to forget about us around the holidays. One could only imagine how hard it would be to balance the many hobbies and priorities she has including (but not limited to) attending church every Sunday, babysitting a couple of neighborhood children, taking care of a developmentally disabled neighbor, going to her job as a waitress without being tardy, and feeding her many farm animals. You would think that having all those daily duties stacked up upon one another, she would probably at least every once in a while forget to give us holiday and/or other special occasion-related cards in the mail.

But she never does. Every year since at least the mid-'90s, Aunt Sylvia has consistently gone out of her way to make sure we know she's always thinking about us and that she loves us very much. Every Christmas, Thanksgiving, birthday, anniversary, etc. we celebrate together she makes it a top priority to mail a unique, one-of-a-kind homemade card to mom, dad, and I. Isn't that just wonderful?

Even though none of you actually know her personally, I think that little bit of information I gave about her gives all of you a feel of her caring personality and "family first" mindset

Last edited:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
This made me smile, and then all of a sudden someone started cutting onions...as a lifelong Elton John fan and as a music teacher, this really hit home and made me emotional.
What subjects of music do you teach?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
It's the cutest thing ever. My cat Chyanne has a crush on my little Pokémon Eevee toy. I sat the little Pokémon figure down next to her yesterday as I was quite curious to see what her reaction would be, expecting her to get freaked out or something like that.

But right away, she started kissing it. I then laid the toy on the ground and she hugged it with her paws for almost 20 minutes straight as she purred loudly throughout the entire time. Just to see how she would act, I acted like I was going to take the toy out of her paws (I really wasn't going to, I was gonna put it right back) but she jumped up and meowed loudly at me as though she was angrily asking me to please put her little baby back where she can hug it some more. Man, she's one of the most adorable cats ever.

I know this might sound kind of silly but because I love Chyanne as a family member, I think I'm going to give her that Eevee toy as a Christmas present this year. I'm sure that kitty will really love that.