The Next Step: The Fifth and Final Rowlf Story

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
*Sigh*

Normally I would have liked to have updated by now in my week, but sadly I have a mailing project that is taking forever. I am in the office on Thursday and Friday and I get the feeling no one else will be which means one thing - I'll be bored. So that means I should be able to get back to the story then.

In the meantime, thanks for your patience, I guarantee things are only going to exclerate and get very exciting from here to the end!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... Like I told the prawn... If no story gets delivered on that promise, someone else will be seein' stars this holiday weekend.

Post when you can Beth, let us know if you need help with anything.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Arrrrrgggg! I started writing today, I got half a chapter done and then all these issues popped up at work this afternoon that almost never happen on a Friday! I just can't believe it.

Anyway, story is coming soon, just not as soon as I had hoped. Just know half the chapter is ready and waiting. Thanks for your patience guys!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure thing Beth. And if you get stumped, you know where to reach me for some confidential advice/help.

PhsychoChimp

Reaction score
Take yer time, Beth! Can't rush perfection... Or in Wanda's case, PURR-fect.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
FINALLY! Here is the long awaited update. And yes, we'll see more of Annie, but not in this chapter...

Chapter Thirteen:

“I told him not to go after me," said Wanda.

“Did you honestly think he wouldn’t?" asked Kermit.

“Well, I guess not. I really just thought I’d get here before he did try to go find me," said Wanda.

“At first he was going to respect your wishes but then he came to his senses and took off late last night. Don’t worry, he still doesn’t know anything about the baby," said Kermit.

Wanda just looked at him.

Kermit realized his mistake. No one was supposed to know about the baby.

“Kermit, how do you know about the baby?" asked Wanda.

“Um, I kind of weaseled it out of Piggy," said Kermit.

“How?" asked Wanda getting a little steamed.

“I may have tortured her with some kisses," said Kermit.

“Kermit! Shame on you, you know she can’t resist when you do things like that! I think you need to go back to Sesame Street and learn about playing fair!" exclaimed Wanda.

“I’m sorry, I was worried about you and Rowlf and I’m tired of all these secrets! I have secrets of my own!" burst out Kermit.

“Really? What kind of secrets?" asked Wanda.

“Never mind, that would be a different story, this one is about you and Rowlf," said Kermit.

“Good point. Sorry, so anyway, you were worried about us so you forced info out of Piggy," said Wanda.

“Yes. Now don’t worry, Piggy and I are still the only ones who know," said Kermit.

“Well I’m afraid you won’t be the only ones for long," said Wanda as a funny look came over her face.

“Why?" asked Kermit.

“I think something is wrong, I don’t feel right," said Wanda struggling to get to her feet.

Rowlf got off the plane and quickly hailed a cab. He was a little panicked when he realized it was true Wanda could be in Minnesota, but he didn’t know if she’d be at the restaurant or at her mothers. He didn’t know where Marie even lived. He knew she couldn’t be at his mom’s, she wouldn’t do that.

He settled on the restaurant and had the cab take him quickly off to Jazzmine’s. He just hoped he wouldn’t run into his brothers or mother seeing as they lived just a block down from the restaurant.

Rowlf let himself in the backdoor of the restaurant and started looking around.

“Who is in my kitchen?" came Alexander’s voice from the other room.

“It’s Rowlf, Rowlf the Dog? I’m Wanda’s husband," said Rowlf.

“Oh, hello. Is Wanda with you?" asked Alexander as he stepped into the room.

“Um, no she’s not, I was wondering if she was here," said Rowlf.

“Well, she was, she was going to work here for awhile but she hasn’t shown up yet today, I don’t know what is going on," said Alexander.

“I suppose she told you about our fight," said Rowlf.

“Yes, she did," said Alexander.

“I suppose then you don’t like me very much do you?" asked Rowlf.

“No, I like you just fine. You can’t help your past sometimes. You could’ve been a little more honest with her, but I don’t think you’re completely at fault here," said Alexander.

“Thanks. Do you happen to know where she was staying? I was really hoping to find her," said Rowlf.

“She said something about her mother’s," said Alexander.

“That’s what I was afraid of. I don’t suppose you know where that is?" asked Rowlf.

“I don’t but your mother might," said Alexander.

“My mother?" asked Rowlf.

“Sure, she was in here last night and talked with Wanda a long time," said Alexander.

“Are you sure it was my mother? Do you even know my mother?" asked Rowlf.

“Yes I do, your mother is a regular in here," said Alexander.

“Oh, ok, cool. Well I guess I’ll go find my mother. Thanks for your help Alexander," said Rowlf.

“You’re welcome. I hope things get a little easier for the two of you," said Alexander.

Rowlf hurried out the back door and down the alley to his mother’s place. Rex and Moe were outside playing basketball.

“Hey bro! Did you come for Wanda?" asked Rex.

“Yeah I did, do you know where she is?" asked Rowlf.

“I don’t know, Mom’s the last one that saw her," said Moe.

“Oh, well is Mom here?" asked Rowlf.

“Yeah she’s inside," said Rex.

“Thanks guys," said Rowlf.

He opened the door to the taxi garage that his family continued to reside in after many years.

“Hello? Mom?" called Rowlf.

“Rowlf? Is that you?" answered Felicia from another room.

“Yeah!" responded Rowlf.

“What are you doing here dear? Where’s Wanda?" asked Felicia joining Rowlf in the garage.

“I was going to ask you the same thing!" exclaimed Rowlf.

“Oh honey, I put her on a bus last night, she’s was coming home to Hensonville," said Felicia.

“Are you serious? Boy, couldn’t people at least call when things like this are going on?" sighed Rowlf.

“You could’ve called too you know," said Felicia.

“I suppose you’re right, I just was in such a hurry to find her I didn’t think to call ahead and see what was going on," said Rowlf.

“It’s all right; we all do crazy things when we get upset. So, your wife shared quite a bit with me when I saw her, care to elaborate a bit?" asked Felicia.

Rowlf sighed again. He should’ve known this was coming. He then sat down with his mother and told her everything that she pretty much already knew.

“Well, I’m glad you’ve come to your senses over this thing with Wanda," said Felicia.

“Me too," said Rowlf.

“When things settle down, I want to meet my granddaughter. She sounds like a lovely young lady," said Felicia.

“She is Mom, she really is, and it’s amazing. I’m so glad she had the courage to come find me and to try and build a relationship with me," said Rowlf.

“Life is full of surprise isn’t it?" said Felicia.

“It sure is," said Rowlf.

At this moment they were interrupted by the phone.

“Hello? Yes he is here. What?" said Felicia getting a concerned look on her face.

Rowlf gave his mom a puzzled look.

“Ok, ok, I’m sending him back on the first plane we can get him on," said Felicia and hung up the phone.

“Rowlf, honey, you need to get home right away. I’m sorry you’re finding out this way, but Wanda is pregnant and Kermit just rushed her to hospital with some complications," said Felicia.

“Pregnant? What? I’m going to be a father? Wait, I already am a father, but my daughter is grown and now I’m going to have another….dog or cat or what?" babbled Rowlf nervously.

“Sweetheart we need to get going!" exclaimed Felicia.

“Right," said Rowlf snapping himself out of it. The two of them hurried for the door.

Meanwhile back at the boarding house the phone rang. Everyone had followed Kermit to the hospital even though he told them not to, so the answering machine picked up.

“Hi ho, this is the Muppet boarding house, home to many animals and creatures and Gonzo….anyhow, please leave us a message at the beep and we’ll return your call as soon as we can pry the phone out of Animal’s mouth. Thanks” came Kermit’s voice over the machine.

BEEP

“Hello Muppets? This message is for Rowlf and Wanda. It’s Kate over at the adoption agency? I have some very good news for the two of you, you’ve been chosen by a young girl to adopt her baby. Please call me back at your earliest convenience. Thanks!"

BEEP.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ok I have no idea why this code looking thing U201d is showing up in my post and I don't have the time to go back and edit it, so just bear with it I guess. Sorry if it makes it hard to read.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh my dear goodness! Everything and everyone is exploding into place and- WOW! Oh Beth this is fantastically epic! Go Rowlf go!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
(Had the same thing happen to me with that code recently, Beth. It's a PAIN to edit, so I completely understand. No worries!)

I feel dizzy. Like really, really dizzy. COMPLICATIONS? GAH! And the adoption agency! And and and OY I sure hope this works out!

...Also... Love Kermit's talk with Wanda about secrets. <Ahem.>

MORE PLEASE!