The Official Indiana Jones IV Thread

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Like it or not, Indiana Jones will be seeing a return to the big screen next year.

Here's what we do know.

-Steven Spielberg is directing. David Koepp wrote the screenplay. George Lucas is producing and wrote the story.
-The film does not have an "official" title yet, although Indiana Jones and the City of the Gods is heavily rumored.
-Filming began on June 18th, and it will be released May 22nd.
-It is set in 1957.
-Harrison Ford (duh) returns as Indiana Jones. Shia LaBeouf allegedly plays Indy's son. Cate Blanchett plays the villain. Ray Winstone is Indy's new sidekick. John Rhys-Davies was not asked to return as Sallah. John Hurt and Jim Broadbent have small roles. Sean Connery will not be returning as Indy Sr., finding retirement to be too enjoyable, but he wishes everyone the best. Karen Allen is rumored to be portraying Marion Ravenwood, her character from Raiders of the Lost Ark, once again. It is unknown whether or not LaBeouf is the son of Indy and Marion, or Indy and somebody else.
-John Williams will be doing the musical score.
-It will not heavily feature CGI and will instead use traditional special effects and stunt work.
-The 64-year-old Ford spent three hours a day at the gym and had a high-fiber diet of fish and vegetables.
-Shooting will take place around the globe, including Los Angeles.
-We will see a trailer around Thanksgiving, when the film's official title will be revealed.
-In the past week, we have been treated to the first official photo of Harrison Ford as Indy in nineteen years and a production diary, the first of many.

I couldn't be more excited. I know many people have doubts, but I say that if you're going to revive a franchise, you've got to do it right - with the original team at the helm. What say you?

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
As do I, but I do think the movie can work without him.

sesameguy

Reaction score
I'm definitely looking forward to this. Although "Raiders" is still my favorite, I enjoyed the other movies in the series as well & look forward to seeing "Indy" again. Also, it would be great to see Karen Allen return, if that's how it works out. Let's hope so!

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
This film is shooting in downtown New Haven (about 20 minutes from where I live) from tomorrow, the 28th to July 7. According to the paper, Spielberg is shooting a chase scene on motorcycles with Indy (Harrison Ford or his stunt double--the article wasn't sure) pursued by the bad guys. The chase will continue through several towns, including my own! Maybe if I step out the front door I'll see a guy with a rumpled fedora and leather jacket on a vintage bike pass my place!:crazy:

sesameguy

Reaction score
This film is shooting in downtown New Haven (about 20 minutes from where I live) from tomorrow, the 28th to July 7. According to the paper, Spielberg is shooting a chase scene on motorcycles with Indy (Harrison Ford or his stunt double--the article wasn't sure) pursued by the bad guys. The chase will continue through several towns, including my own! Maybe if I step out the front door I'll see a guy with a rumpled fedora and leather jacket on a vintage bike pass my place!:crazy:
Very cool! Be sure to wave "hi" for me! :smile:

You can read about the scene being filmed at this site:

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/archives/2007/05/city_clears_pat.php

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Very cool! Be sure to wave "hi" for me! :smile:

You can read about the scene being filmed at this site:

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/archives/2007/05/city_clears_pat.php
Thanks for the article!:smile:

So it seems the chase will be shot ONLY in and around New Haven, and NOT in any of the surrounding towns as another article claimed. Guess Indy won't cruise by my place after all.

Auditions for extras were held on June 11, but I didn't get a chance to go. Spielberg's son attends Yale, and the director has been spotted in the city several times over the past year.