The Random Fun Facts Thread

dwmckim

Reaction score
Adam Lambert is naturally a redhead. *attempts to clean drool off keyboard*
On the subject of celebrity redhead funfax...

Annie Lennox's (whose natural hair color is blondish brown as seen in the Whiter Shade of Pale video) famous bright red color first seen be many in Eurythmics' infamous Sweet Dreams video was the result of a "failed" experiment with henna. Before they taped the Sweet Dreams video, Annie had worn various wigs in videos, photo sessions, and concerts and at one concert a fan pulled off the wig she was wearing first revealing the classic red look for the first time.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Figuring that pirates would be too common for Floridians, Disney World was originally planned to have an Old Western themed ride called Western River Expedition in place of Pirates of the Caribbean, but this idea was later scrapped due to visitors' constant complaint of, "Where's the pirates?"

APRena

Reaction score
I have the same birthday as Bob Dylan (Wait, why do I confuse him and Neil Diamond?), who is also a lefty. :smile:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
A writer once wrote the story of the Titan, a ship identical to the famed Titanic in both appearance and fate, 14 years before the disaster.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Ancient Egyptians' eyeliner was used to help block out the sun from their eyes as well as being able to prevent germs. (Hmm...And I was obsessed with Ancient Egypt as a kid. I think I may have discovered the origin of why I find "guyliner" so attractive, LOL.)

APRena

Reaction score
89% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
89% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
And did you make up that statistic on the spot? :wink:

Something I learned on the past few field trips:
Teachers stare at you oddly whenever you chant the actions of the bus as it turns, goes straight, and stops. :concern: Teachers stare at you even more when you're singing the Lady Gaga song "Bad Romance" with a friend. :embarrassed:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
"Labradoodles" (Labrador Retriever/Poodle mix) have been bred since the late 80's in Australia and may soon be considered an official dog breed.